Update: BlindLemon Font Installer : Enable Fonts

Guest MrMagoo

Guest nedge2k

Now that makes no sense at all! The only difference in the installs between 1.01 and 1.02 is that 1.02 puts a shortcut in startup so following your instructions should be the same as just installing 1.02 !?!?!?!

No, different .xml :wink: Listen, .cab insatallations usually cock something up along the way, especially on experimental stuff. Look at midnights LED flasher tweak! If you do manually what the setup .xml does you get no problems (well i dont). 1.02 didnt work for me before, now it does. Jus trying to help!

Guest MrMagoo

No, different .xml :wink: Listen, .cab insatallations usually cock something up along the way, especially on experimental stuff. Look at midnights LED flasher http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=7695>tweak! If you do manually what the setup .xml does you get no problems (well i dont). 1.02 didnt work for me before, now it does. Jus trying to help!

Sorry, I'm not with you still (only on my second cup of coffee :) ):

Are you saying that the CAB for version 1.02 does not install properly on your phone?

And is this a known problem with CAB installs or have i got something wrong in mine?

And are you saying that the sample xml does not work on your phone and that you have one which does work? If so - what is different between the two versions of the xml ?

Thanks

Guest top_222

@MrMagoo

Is there any way that i can change the font weight for the programs menu? I use the font Technical and it looks messy in the programs menu, it is like the font is on Bold letters.

Guest nedge2k

Right 1.02 .cab didint work. 1.01 did. Not sure why. There's no known issues with .cab's its just that they some times mess up depending on varrying factors. Usually it coz the phone has so much crap on it that it cant cope, if that makes sense? 1.02 installs fine but the font doesent show properly. I think its to do with the SystemFontSettings.xml which has more reg values being written than the original. I use the original simple registry.xml and rename it. I dont have the software to build .cabs so i've installed 1.02 manually over the 1.01 .cab install. I could have just installed 1.02 and then replaced the xml but i had a feeling using the .cab might be the cause of the problem. In my experience, sometimes its better to install manually, sometimes it better with a .cab. Ive found the problems i had with 1.02 were fixed by doing what i did. Might just be my phone but it worked.

Guest MrMagoo
@MrMagoo  

Is there any way that i can change the font weight for the programs menu? I use the font Technical and it looks messy in the programs menu, it is like the font is on Bold letters.

Yes and No :)

The .xml supplied with 1.02 includes settings for font weight which you can play with - BUT some people are finding this xml does not work for them (these damn phones are soooo pesky) so it might work or it might not - until we get more experience and feedback it's basically "suck it and see" ( see nedge2k's posts for details of these problems )

Guest MrMagoo
here's my xml:

this sounds a bit like nedge2k's problem - try the solution detailed above and see if it helps...

Guest nedge2k

Sh*t, hang on, forgot something that may be essential :oops:

Right, ill go through this again to get it clear in my head. If this don't work the god knows what will!

1)Uninstall BLAddFont 1.02

2)Install 1.01

3)Add a shortcut the the startup folder

/EDIT/Install BN Dragon font using rapiconfig by extracting the .rar to c:rapiconfig. Edit the .xml to show "BN Dragon". Start Async. Run cmd.exe and point it to "C:rapiconfig" then type "RapiConfig.exe /p registry.xml"

/EDIT/Reboot

4)Copy "BLAddFont.exe" from 1.02 (attached in .zip) and overwrite the 1.01 file

5)Copy the .xml in my zip to the font folder. (its the original "registry.xml" renamed)

6)copy the font in my .zip to the font folder

7)Reboot and (hopefully)enjoy!

Thats exactly how i did mine. Skinning the progscreen should have no effect on precedings. If it don't work, introduce your phone to a brick wall! :wink:

RapiConfig.rar

BLAddFont.zip

here's my xml:

tried your XML and it's wipe my phone :shock:

i've to do hard reset to get phone normaly :cry:

is it some thing wrong with fonts Century Gothic???? :roll:

Guest MrMagoo

tried your XML and it's wipe my phone :shock:

i've to do http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?p=97945#97945>Hard Reset to get phone normaly :cry:

is it some thing wrong with fonts Century Gothic???? :roll:

There is nothing "wrong" with this xml - I use it on my phone successfully, however different people seem to be having different results from different settings/fonts

i know there is nothing wrong with XML it's hapen to me with couple of other fonts also

my phone is QTEK 7070 with 1,5 qtek rom must be some fonts are not compitable with qtek rom

Guest MrMagoo
i know there is nothing wrong with XML it's hapen to me with couple of other fonts also  

my phone is QTEK 7070 with 1,5 qtek rom must be some fonts are not compitable with qtek rom

Yeah - I meant to say there is nothing wrong with the xml or the font - as I use them, but it could be that your phone doesn't like that font :roll:

Guest Coucou

Very temperamental tweak this one isn't it? Glad it works for me, but it only worked after a few soft resets. Wish it worked with Surrealstart though. :)

after hard reset i install blindlemon1,02 but it don't run when i click on fontinstaller in programe manu it's just hang my phone and it's same with 1,01 so can't use fontintaller to install XML

Guest Coucou
Why not just manually skin your screens instead of using surreal start?

cos surreal start is great for using t9 search and stuff, also it's faster than the normal menus (once the boot-up refresh is done anyway...). Now I've got it I don't want to live without it. I've skinned all my alert screens etc.

Guest MrMagoo

cos surreal start is great for using t9 http://smartphone.modaco.com/search.php>Search and stuff, also it's faster than the normal menus (once the boot-up refresh is done anyway...). Now I've got it I don't want to live without it. I've skinned all my alert screens etc.

I suggest you speak to the surreal start people about this - it is nothing to do with BLAddFont if an app does not use the available fonts. :)

Guest nedge2k

Im like that with fonts now thou. There aint no way in hell im going back to dirty ol' Nina. :wink: Jus gonna have to find a way for em to work in harmony :) Totally off topic but look at the beauty that is my signature. Aint she gorgeous 8)

Guest top_222

Yes and No :)

The .xml supplied with 1.02 includes settings for font weight which you can play with - BUT some people are finding this xml does not work for them (these damn phones are soooo pesky) so it might work or it might not - until we get more experience and feedback it's basically "suck it and see" ( see nedge2k's posts for details of these problems )

It works Fine with me! Here is my XML