RJ Plugins updated, and a new one: RJTime

Guest RemyJ

Guest lutzh

@Coucou: nice fonts and nice homescreen.

and of course another great plugin. i'll vote for a second homescreen for windows powered smartphones versionĀ² just to be able to use all plugins...

cheers, lutz

Guest broeren79

I know i'm probably annoying, but i have one more question. I used to have the Aubade#2 homescreen. This one stated the appointment i have the following day. Is there a way to get that in the homescreen discussed here?

Probably a stupid question, but i only started a little study on homescreens recently!

Guest drblow

The sample XML makes the http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>plugin selectable so could this be a "selected" bottom border maybe?

Did you get the positioning to work OK?

Yup - go the positioning to work OOK thanks. Can't seem to apply different colours to the different labels tho!? If I add FGCOLOR it just goes black no matter what colour I specify??

But the black line is there all the time. Selected or not. Is nobody else getting the black line?

Guest RemyJ
Yup - go the positioning to work OOK thanks. Ā Can't seem to apply different colours to the different labels tho!? Ā If I add FGCOLOR it just goes black no matter what colour I specify??

But the black line is there all the time. Ā Selected or not. Ā Is nobody else getting the black line?

Let me check the colors. I tested them once but you never know.

The sample homescreen has fixed "ugly black line" spacers every so often. Could you have accidentally copied or forgot to remove one?

Guest RemyJ

Hmmm. This code...

<!-- RJTime -->

Ā  <plugin clsid="{AAEC6C66-F860-4513-8966-1FE9FA678987}" height="34">

Ā  Ā  Ā <background b-border-width="0"></background>

Ā  Ā  Ā <format fgcolor="#ff0000"/>

Ā  Ā  Ā <action target="IPSMWindowsStart MenuCalendar.lnk"/>

Ā  Ā  Ā <label x="0" y="1"><clock size="32" bgtext="transparent" fgcolor="COLOR_HOMETEXT"/></label>

Ā  Ā  Ā <label x="40" y="1" halign="right" w="176">

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  <timeString format="h:mm tt Ā "/>

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  <dateString fgcolor="#0000ff" format="ddd MMM dd, yyyy"/>

Ā  Ā  Ā </label>

Ā  Ā  Ā <label fgcolor="#ffff00" x="40" y="14" w="136" halign="center">

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  <timeString format=" Ā h:mm tt EST " timebase="local" offset="2"/>

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  <timeString fgcolor="#00ffff" format=" Ā HHmm GMT" timebase="system"/>

Ā  Ā  Ā </label>

</plugin>

produced these colors...

fgcolor.gif

Post your XML and let me look.

Guest drblow

The sample http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>homescreen has fixed "ugly black line" spacers every so often. Could you have accidentally copied or forgot to remove one?

<plugin clsid="{AAEC6C66-F860-4513-8966-1FE9FA678987}" height="46">

Ā <background b-border-width="1"></background>

Ā <action target=":MSCALENDAR"/>

Ā <label x="5" y="3"><clock size="32" bgtext="transparent" fgcolor="COLOR_HOMETEXT"/></label>

Ā <label font-face="neuropol" font-weight="bold" font-size="25" x="70" y="0" w="100"> 

Ā <timeString format="HH:mm "/> 

Ā </label> 

Ā <label font-face="neuropol" font-weight="bold" font-size="10" x="70" y="27" w="100"> 

Ā <dateString format="dd/MM/yy "/> Ā 

Ā </label>

Here's the code I'm using ATM - I can't see any spacers in there!!?? Although, I'm not sure what a spacer would look like if it ran up infront of me and shouted "I'm a spacer" in my face!! :)

Got the colours sorted, ta!! BUt how do I apply selected & unselected colours? With only fgcolor they stay the same when selected, so its difficult to tell if the plugin is selcted or not. :wink:

EDIT - Oh, forgot to ask - does the time plugin support background images? If so, do I just add the bgimage="" inside the label tags?

Cheers.

Guest RemyJ

I think I know where the line is coming from...

<background b-border-width="1"></background>
is giving you a bottom border of 1 pixel. Set it to "0" or remove the element altogether. You can change the selected state color by using a element as follows...
<plugin ....>

Ā  <background ...>

Ā  <format state="selected" fgcolor="#ffff00"/>

Ā  <label ...

Ā  </label>

</plugin>
This will set the selected color for the entire plugin. There's no way to do it for individual elements inside the plugin however. The plugin SHOULD support bgimage but it doesn't. I'll have to have a chat with my QA department. :oops: I'll get it fixed sometime in the next 24 hours. Oh yeah, the spacers in the sample XML look like this...
<plugin clsid="{5419F376-6520-4407-B8B8-740F5B353EDA}" height="3">

Ā  <background b-border-width="1" bgcolor="#000000"/>

Ā  <label><text bgtext="#000000"></text></label>

</plugin>

Guest drblow

Cheers Remy! :wink:

I think thats covered just about everything!! :) Cheers for all your help. & this plugin rocks! I could never quite get the hang of the LCD plugin for the analogue clock thing, and this is much nicer & easier to configure anyway!! Nice job fella :wink:

Guest RemyJ
Cheers Remy! Ā :wink: Ā 

I think thats covered just about everything!! Ā :lol: Cheers for all your help. Ā & this plugin rocks! Ā I could never quite get the hang of the LCD plugin for the analogue clock thing, and this is much nicer & easier to configure anyway!! Ā Nice job fella Ā :wink:

Good deal, and thanks!

Look for the update that supports bgimage tomorrow morning. Well, MY tomorrow morning, your afternoon. :)

Guest ghozd

IS any timezone inwhich you are not in possible to be shown at the homescreen?

I live in the netherlands and would like to have the timezone from venezuela

Guest RemyJ
bgimage? Ā hmmm.....sounds good! Ā I love this plug and the tasks one!
Thanks!

IS any timezone inwhich you are not in possible to be shown at the homescreen?

I live in the netherlands and would like to have the timezone from venezuela

Sure. Venezuala is GMT -4 I believe so you'd set timebase="system" and offset="-4".

Guest MoRFLeZ

Love the new Symbol homescreen - and the Snoopy one looks really cute on once installed!

I've been using your screens forever, they look really great ... and I'm not really into screens that modify everything. I have this feeling it slows down my phone.

Only thing I would wish from your screens would be that you pack them in cabs or hme. I use Theme Changer to change through themes, and it only recognizes screens if they are installed via cabs or hmes.

Realize it's not really handy - seeing a lot of your screens come with extra backgrounds ... oh well, I guess it's not gonna kill me if I just cab them myself =)

Great job on the time plugin Remy!!

Guest KingDaddy

How does bgimage work? Does it work with the iconbar or just the time? I'm trying to get it to work for the icon bat plug-in and it doesn't seem to be working for me.

Thanks!