RJ Plugins updated, and a new one: RJTime

Guest RemyJ

Guest Exodia

Still no dice... i think im just doing it wrong. Would you mind posting a working sample for me please?

Im so tired right now, i'll attach a screenshot some other time.

Thanks

Guest RemyJ
Still no dice... i think im just doing it wrong. Would you mind posting a working sample for me please?

Im so tired right now, i'll attach a screenshot some other time.

Thanks

An example is attached that uses an image for the clock face.

Unzip and copy the files to "IPSMApplication DataHome" then change your home screen to "RJTimeTest".

rjtimetest.zip

Guest Exodia

Thanks RemyJ!

I figured out what i was doing wrong. I had put my clock jpeg in the wrong directory. #-o It was in the directory with the stuff for my theme.

Thanks again

Guest RemyJ

Glad it's working. You can set the hands color via the "fgcolor" attribute but it also changes the color of the ring as well. There's no way to set the width of the hands right now but there will be in a day or two. :D I'll split out the ring and hands color as well as long as I'm there.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest charlwillis

Apologies if this has already been asked...

Is there a plugin available to show more than one calendar item at a time, rather than just one all day event and the next calendar item?

Thanks!

Guest drblow
Glad it's working.   You can set the hands color via the "fgcolor" attribute but it also changes the color of the ring as well.  There's no way to set the width of the hands right now but there will be in a day or two. :)   I'll split out the ring and hands color as well as long as I'm there.

Oh - I only just noticed this! Have you done that already Remy?

Guest RemyJ
Oh - I only just noticed this!  Have you done that already Remy?

Rats. Nope, I got sidetracked on something. It's not a big deal so I'll try and knock it out tonight or tomorrow.

Guest RemyJ
I tried going to the site, and it tell me it's forbidden when I want to download the files...

Any idea?

My fault. Try again in a little while.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest stevo_knuckles

ok if someone would like to find maybe something hard to hit me over the head with to knock my senses back into action because I really feel a dummy now.

I have installed the time plugin but can't even find where it's installed or do anything with it.

I downloaded it from the links as suggested. I hooked up my e100 and installed from the .exe file in the zip folder (so far so good)

Now this is the bit I just don't get about plugins

First off I can't find it anywhere, I found the dll file but thats it.

Secondly is it a simple case of selecting it or moving it to the right place to get it too work with the home screen I'm currently using or is that too simple?

I think my problem is that I just don't know xml. Do you have to edit the xml of the home screen i'm using to get the plugin to work?

aaargh my brain hurts. sorry for bugging you with what are probably simple question but any help greatly appreciated.

(I can supply the baseball bat if you need it)

Guest RemyJ
ok if someone would like to find maybe something hard to hit me over the head with to knock my senses back into action because I really feel a dummy now.

I have installed the time plugin but can't even find where it's installed or do anything with it.

I downloaded it from the links as suggested.  I hooked up my e100 and installed from the .exe file in the zip folder (so far so good)

Now this is the bit I just don't get about http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>plugins

First off I can't find it anywhere, I found the dll file but thats it.

Secondly is it a simple case of selecting it or moving it to the right place to get it too work with the http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>home screen I'm currently using or is that too simple?

I think my problem is that I just don't know xml.  Do you have to edit the  xml of the http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>home screen i'm using to get the plugin to work?

aaargh my brain hurts.  sorry for bugging you with what are probably simple question but any help greatly appreciated.

(I can supply the baseball bat if you need it)

Yep, the installer copies the code only. I just realized that the zip file doesn't contain the readme or the sample homescreen XML but you can read/download them from the web site.

First, download the rjtime.home.xml file from the web site, then copy it to /IPSM/Application Data/Home on the phone. Now, in Settings/Homescreen, you should see a new entry got RJTime. Select it. This is an exampe only, use it to test various settings. When you get it looking like you want, copy the XML section to your favorite homescreen's XML file and go back to that homescreen.

Guest stevo_knuckles

Thanks very much for your time Remy. That was the bit I didn't understand because I couldn't find the rjtime.home.xml file as mentioned in earlier posts and wondered why I couldn't find it.

I will do as you say and play about with it and see what I can do.

Cheers

• 1 month later...
Guest GammaRay

I am a business user of the I600 (with upgrade) and have cut and pasted together a homescreen for myself using rjshortcut, rjtime, and smartbatt. Thank you for your efforts; these are great and I was able to modify them easily to work with the upgrade.

My question is: Is there a way to highlight the background when RJTime plugin is selected? I am using a clock icon as a background image, and am guessing it has something to do with that. I would like it much better if the plugin would get highlighted like other plug-ins when they are selected.

I've attached a screen shot of the basic homescreen.

Thanks.

SS1.JPG

Guest RemyJ

First, make sure you have the latest version from http://smartphone.peakin.com

The plugin obeys the standard formatting attributes so you should be able to do something like the following...

<plugin ..... >

<background ...>

<format state="selected" bgcolor="#ffff00"/>

</background>

</plugin>

This sets the plugin background to yellow when it's selected.

Guest GammaRay

Got it. Now I see that I had over-ridden the default within the plug-in, as it was set to "transparent."

Thanks for the tip. Your plug-ins are awesome.

Guest Jerry Raia

Since I upgraded my i600 to 2003, the color of highlighted icons in the rjshortcut plugin is always black. I've tried changing settings in the xml files for both the themes and the home pages. The only time you can now see the hightlights are on a light colored theme because they are always black.

Any idea's?

Guest kailes

okay, i installed the plugin and the copied the xml file to storage/applicationdata/home folder on my phone. how come it doesn't show up as an option when i go to settings/home scree? am I putting it in the wrong location?

Guest RemyJ
Since I upgraded my i600 to 2003, the color of highlighted icons in the rjshortcut plugin is always black. I've tried changing settings in the xml files for both the themes and the home pages.  The only time you can now see the hightlights are on a light colored theme because they are always black.

Any idea's?

It's a bug, gimme a break. I updated my i600 at the same time you did :P

One of the things 2003 changed is how the OS communicates colors to plugins. Right now I'm trying to decide how best to manage/test code that has to run on both platforms but I'll have a fix shortly.

remy

Guest RemyJ
okay, i installed the plugin and the copied the xml file to storage/applicationdata/home folder on my phone. how come it doesn't show up as an option when i go to settings/home scree?  am I putting it in the wrong location?

Hopefully there's a space between "application" and "data", yes?

On 2002 it's "IPSMApplication DataHome".

On 2003 it's "Storage Application DataHome".

Beware, the sample homescreen layout was developed for 2002 and it references a background image that doesn't exist on 2003. If left unmodified, you'll be able to select it from the settings page but it may give you a "No home screen layouts" message when you try to activate it.

To fix it temporarily, remove the tag near the top of the file or set it to a file that really exists.

Now that I have a working WM2003 i600, I'll be updating the packages shortly.

Guest Jerry Raia

It's a bug, gimme a break. I updated my i600 at the same time you did :D

One of the things 2003 changed is how the OS communicates colors to http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>plugins. Right now I'm trying to decide how best to manage/test code that has to run on both platforms but I'll have a fix shortly.

remy

Tap Tap Tap....

Is it done yet??

:P

Guest kailes

yes i did have the space. i ifnally got it to work , but get that error message about no home screen installed. i deleted the whole line you were talking about and still get the message that no home screen exists

Guest RemyJ
yes i did have the space. i ifnally got it to work , but get that error message about no http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewforum.php?f=43>home screen installed. i deleted the whole line you were talking about and still get the message that no http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewforum.php?f=43>home screen exists

Which plugin are we talking about? What's the xml file name?

Oh, one other thing. If you modify an xml file and transfer it back to the phone, you have to force the phone to reload it by changing the color scheme or changing to a different homescreen then back again.

Guest kailes

i am using your sample xml file and trying to get that one to work first so i can understand what I am doing. i took your sample xml file and put in storage/application data/home. i can choose it and it loads, but in the middle of the screen it says no home screen layouts can be found. not sure where I insert the reference to the home screen to use. sorry for being such a pain. this xml stufff is a bit new to me