RJ Plugins updated, and a new one: RJTime

Guest RemyJ

Guest RemyJ
i am using your sample xml file and trying to get that one to work first so i can understand what I am doing. i took your sample xml file and put in storage/application data/home. i can choose it and it loads, but in the middle of the screen it says no http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewforum.php?f=43>home screen layouts can be found. not sure where I insert the reference to the http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewforum.php?f=43>home screen to use. sorry for being such a pain. this xml stufff is a bit new to me

No problem, but which one? rjtime, rjtasks, rjshortcut?

Guest RemyJ

Tap Tap Tap....

Is it done yet??

:P

This is going to take longer than I thought. I'm going to have to make some significant changes to all of the plugins to get them working on both 2002 and 2003. In the mean time, you can manually set the icon background color with the "iconbgcolor" attribute...

• 3 months later...
Guest The_Flames

In RJSHortcut is it possable to put an Icon in the list that changes if the alarm is on/off and if it's selected it goes to the Alarm set location in the time config thinggy :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rav1patel

ive just installed rjshortcut on my spv c500.

the third icon on the top line is not working. it displays a sheet of paper with a questoin mark onit.

i assume this icon is for messaging. i've tried editing the xml document and replacing "inbox" with "messaging" as this worked with the orange e200 plugin. however this hasnt changed anything and it still doesnt work.

does anyone have any advice on what to do please.

thanks.

ravi

p.s. great plugin by the way!

ive just installed rjshortcut on my spv c500.

the third icon on the top line is not working. it displays a sheet of paper with a questoin mark onit. 

i assume this icon is for messaging. i've tried editing the xml document and replacing "inbox" with "messaging" as this worked with the orange e200 plugin. however this hasnt changed anything and it still doesnt work. 

does anyone have any advice on what to do please.

thanks.

ravi 

p.s. great plugin by the way!

The 3rd icon in the sample XML should point to "StorageWindowsStart MenuInbox.lnk". Does this not exist on your phone? What happens when you actually press the shortcut? Do the other shortcuts work?

Guest rav1patel

the other shortcuts work fine and their icons are correct. the third ones icon does not display the envolope. it has a sheet of paper with a question mark on it.

when i click on it, it says "error opening the shortcut or locating the target filename".

i'm not an expert, but i thought inbox was from smartphone 2002, whereas in 2003 its now called messaging.

does no one else have this problem on the orange spv c500?

• 3 months later...
Guest resistme
Once again - superb work Remy!!  :lol: It looks lovely on the e200!

Just one thing about customisation - is it possible for me to split the first line of date/time (just the regular phone time, not time zones) onto 2 lines? i.e to have the timestring at y="10", and thje date string at y="30" -or something??

I've tried adding x,y values into the label attributes, but can't seem to get them to seperate.

Thanks for all your great work!  Keep it up!! :wink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where do you find this font though? can't find the link!!!

• 7 months later...
Guest PPCPassion
Glad it's working.  You can set the hands color via the "fgcolor" attribute but it also changes the color of the ring as well.  There's no way to set the width of the hands right now but there will be in a day or two. ;)  I'll split out the ring and hands color as well as long as I'm there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know setting the handswidth attribute is already added to plug in but how do I set the handswidth, meaning what parameters or numbers do I add to indicate the width size ?

handswidth="?". I tried using different numbers like 1,2, or 3 whic obviously is incorrect as settings>homescreen does not even recognize my xml. I am using unlocked Orange C550.See attached xml and screenshot.Appreciate your help.ss000.bmpss000.bmp

RJTime_xml.txt

Just a question about RJShortcuts (I am discovering this wonderful plugin ! :D ) :

Is it possible to display two lines of shortcuts on the home screen ?

I tried with more than 9 shortcuts, it doesn't work, the 10 and + won't appear.

I tried with 2 <shortcutbar> sections in the plugin, it doesn't work.

I tried with 2 rjshortcut sections in the xml, it doesn't work...

Thanks by advance ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

the tasks-plugin was working fine on my old smartphone with windows mobile 2003. after changing to an i-mate sp5 with wm5 the plugin still works but has affect on the battery. after one day it's empty.

will there be an update for wm5?

Guest Jamma14
I know setting the handswidth attribute is already added to plug in but how do I set the handswidth, meaning what parameters or numbers do I add to indicate the width size ?

handswidth="?". I tried using different numbers like 1,2, or 3 whic obviously is incorrect as settings>homescreen does not even recognize my xml. I am using unlocked Orange C550.See attached xml and screenshot.Appreciate your help.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hiya PPCPassion, not sure if this is too late for you but the reason is because you have a syntax error in your xml (you can check where by opening it in internet explorer on your pc).

You have closed your tag twice as shown below, which means it cannot be parsed properly.

<!-- RJ Time -->

<plugin clsid="{AAEC6C66-F860-4513-8966-1FE9FA678987}"  height="45" padding-left="3" padding-right="1" >

<background b-border-width="1" > 

</background>

<label x="171" y="1"><clock size="40" drawring="yes"  bgtext="transparent" fgcolor="#000000" offset="9.5"[B]/>  

</label>  <---- DELETE THIS!

<label font-weight="bold" font-size="26" x="-15" y="2">

<timeString fgcolor="#bbbbbb" format="h:mmtt"/> 

</label>

<label font-weight="bold" font-size="26" x="-13" y="0">

<timeString fgcolor="#000000" format="h:mmtt"/>

</label> 

<label font-weight="bold" font-size="19" x="77" y="2"> 

<dateString fgcolor="#bbbbbb" format="dddd"/>  

</label>

<label font-weight="bold" font-size="19" x="79" y="1"> 

<dateString fgcolor="#000000" format="dddd"/>  

</label>  

<label font-weight="bold" font-size="19" x="77" y="17"> 

<dateString fgcolor="#bbbbbb" format="dd MMM yy "/>  

</label>

<label font-weight="bold" font-size="19" x="79" y="16">

<dateString fgcolor="#000000" format="dd MMM yy"/>  

</label>

</plugin>

As for the handswith attribute, values of 1, 2 and 3 are fine, it is just the rough width of the hands in pixels. I find it usually looks better and is more accurate with it as"1".

If you need any more help there is documentation on smartphone.peakin.com of exactly what each attribute does etc.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Jamma14

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...