SIM UNLOCK your MPX200

Guest florin_m

Guest awarner [MVP]
All I want to do is move my contacts over from my old SIM!! Not worth £20, I'd rather spend the hour typing them in LOL

What has moving contact got to do with SIM unlocking? :?

Guest amirbd

I have a US bought MPx200 and I'm traveling now to Israel. I got a GSM sim card from a friend (Orange is the GSM carrier in Israel). I bought a sim-unlock from florin, and got the key immediately, and it seems to be working :D .

However, I get no service at all with the new sim card (while the same sim works great with in the original orange phone). So it seems that unlocking the sim was useless for me ;)

Does anyone have an idea how to make an unlocked MPx200 (US version) work with Orange in Israel I'd be very grateful.

Thanks,

Amir

Guest lordofbeer

I purchased an unlock code from unlockitnow.com. I received it a couple days later on March 25 and when i entered the code and used 1111 as the password it said this simcard is not compatible. Am i doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Guest florin_m

To: amirbd

The US Mpx200 has the tunning for 850, 1800 and 1900 in memory, so in Europe/Asia you can use it only on 1800! Try to go phone settings and change band to 1800 and see if u get any networks on 1800 there.

Guest nytehawk2002

Just unlocked my 2 new MPX200's here in the states using florin_m's service. It was GREAT!!! Had my beauties running in 5 minutes flat. Thanks!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest clacke

I tried to D/L the file and run the app, but it tells me its missing data of 4084 bytes. I've been told the US AT&T model is already unlocked and this is not needed. Can some one confirm? Second I'm trying to enable MMS on my phone and set up my e-mail to my phone. So my wife can send pictures she takes on her camera phone. Any suggestion would be helpful, thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest mlkanapi

Hi florin_m,

Does it make a difference whether the phone is running Smartphone 2002 or 2003?

The MPx 200 being distributed by Globe Philippines is running Smartphone 2002.

Thanks in Advance.

Guest awarner [MVP]

The unlock works on the mpx running 2002.

The MPX200 is 2002 as standard, there are only a few MPX200 phones

with 2003 on them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest madmaxedcn

what is the difr. between sim unlock and the ohers. what do they do??i have a att mpx200 how do i know if its locked.i run all the programs well.even doom.

Guest awarner [MVP]

Your phone will be SIM locked but not application unlocked.

SIM locking is a method networks use to stop you changing to another provider.