Delta MIDP 2.0--a splendid java emulator

Guest deagle

Guest jmrecanize

O.K, i got the app off of the chinese website fine. It came in a zip containing dmidp2.exe, javainst.exe and QCommCtrl.dll. I put these over to the phone and tested to see if they would even run, which they did. However when i tried to put over a .jar file it did the following.

edit by Midnight: DO NOT ENCOURAGE PIRACY

(no names mentioned) for testing purposes. I put this in the same folder as the three files mentioned earlier. I ran the javainst.exe and was prested with two boxes. One i believe is the name of the folder you wish to put the install in and the second is the .jar file. I pressed the install button and quit the app. The .jar file i put in the folder was now gone so i expect it has been installed much like what .cab files do. I went into the midp app and found the folder name i entered under the application list. I clicked on that and was presented with a page with nothing on it, only the options to launch and to quit.

Can somebody explain to me exactly how to get this to work.

Thank you if any help can be provided.

Guest xavierjohn22

Thät's right.

The golf gamé yöu installéd shöuld nöw bé in IPsm, program files, coretek, deltamidp 2, appdb, with the name yöu specifiéd, the jar file shöuld nöw be suite.jar,

Verify if yöu have thöse and also see if yöu have the suites.utf and suiteinf.utf in the appdb folder, this was generated by the java intaller.exe.

run deltamidp2.exe, if yöu cant find the app installed by javainstaller then there might be a pröblem with the path, the utfs or the földer.

Höpe that helps.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest delboyuk

I found a zip with what i think is this, the files i have are

dmidp2.exe

QCommCtrl.dll

JavaInst.exe

I put these on my sd card in a dir, and ran javainst, i had a JAR/JAD there too and entered it in and clicked on install, i then loaded dmidp2.exe but no apps/games show up.

What am i doing wrong?

Guest xavierjohn22

The delta midp2.exe will réad the files in cöretek foldér.

Ive specifiéd the filés on my prévious pöst, i think your deltamidp döesnt have the .png files, 8 öf thöse. that is why it is blank.

ill pasté söméthing, hi hi

files in DelataMIDP 2 Java Emulator

Storage Card/Program Files/Coretek/DeltaMIDP 2 (if your deltamidp is reading in sd)

IPSM/Program Files/Coretek/DeltaMIDP 2

connections.ini

profile.ini

Storage Card/Program Files/Coretek/DeltaMIDP 2/appdb (if your deltamidp is reading in sd)

IPSM/Program Files/Coretek/DeltaMIDP 2/appdb

_ack_8.png

_dt_8.png

_dukeok8.png

_empty.png

_home_8.png

_logo_8.png

_policy.txt

_single8.png

_suite_8.png

manager_storage_settings.db

Thumbs.db

suiteinf.utf

suites.utf

Deltamidp2.exe anyplace in phone/sd, create shortcut and place in games or startmenu

JavaInst.exe and QcommCtrl.dll, anyplace in phone/sd, create shortcut and place in games or startmenu

Practical is place Deltamidp2.exe, JavaInsta.exe, QcommCtrl.dll in Coretek folder and create shortcut for it.

After running JavaInst.exe, verify that it has created the folder in appdb and updated the suites.utf and suiteinf.utf.

I think its easy to create your own folder, Deltamidp2.exe will run even without the javainst.exe and QcommCtrl.dll. (use to install the jar/jad files only)

Guest agent.m

wtf :shock: makes me feel even more stupid. had this all day and dont know how to sort it out. thanks for the picture.ps only got those 3 files :cry:

Guest jmrecanize

o.k xavier. I have the install things in the folders which you said should be there but still no luck. I think it something to do with the files that are present on yours but not on mine, which are:

_ack_8.png

_dt_8.png

_dukeok8.png

_empty.png

_home_8.png

_logo_8.png

_policy.txt

_single8.png

_suite_8.png

Thumbs.db

If possible could you take these off your phone and post them here. I don't think this should be illegal as it is just pictures as far as i can see and no exe's. If you cant post them here PM me and ill give you my email address, that is if you are willing to send them.

Thanx much for the help so far.

Guest agent.m

favour for a favour mate :wink:

goto this site http://www.coretek.com.cn/coretekweb/downl...user.aspx?id=87

top line is name. bottom email. its the pc emulator. but all i did was overite the appdb from the download onto phone as well as the lib.

also i only got the file from download. cant install my own programs. ive got the theory but dont understand what to type in to install my games :cry:

Guest jmrecanize

O.K. I downloaded the P.C version and tried copying the png files etc but some are still missing. i.e connections.ini, thumbs.db, policy.txt and _8_home.png. It is still not working when trying automatic install. I have tried fiddling about with the suite files to manual install them but cant figure out how to use it. Can someone tell me which utf files i need to edit and how to edit them exactly.

P.S the java applications that came with the p.c version worked on the phone but when i tried installing them myself i had no luck.

Guest jmrecanize

Thanx alot for those files, they seem to be working now, however quite a few java games come up with the following error message

Unable to load class com/nokia/mid/ui/fullcanvas

Current Java application will be closed.

Is this avoidable because it is the games i want to play most that do this.

Guest agent.m

can anyone post how to use java install??? thought id cracked it but then it installed a blank folder with the directory as its name :? ie ipsm/coretek/deltamidp 2.........

Guest Foxy2k

When I try to install it comes up with two info boxes surrounded by

[][][][]:

and then

JAR[][][]([][]OK[][]):

What am I meant to put in there?

Guest jmrecanize

O.K, here is how you install, open the javainst app and in the first box type whatever you want your game to be called, in the second box press the action button, it will open up the explorer window, got to where you placed the .jar file (must be paired with a .jad file otherwise it wont work as far as i can tell) and select it. press the install button and it should work. I have only managed to get two games to work though, others bring up the error message i mentioned in the other post. Has anyone figured out how to fix this eeror yet?

Guest jeRrRKKKK

i installed the game using javainstall... and it installed fine...

after tt, i ran the game using dmidp2...

and i saw the game on my list under applications...

upon running, the phone prompted please wait...

then came to a screen where it asked

select one to launch:

without any options..

wat should i do?

Guest xavierjohn22

scröll tö thé applist if there is then press actiön buttön tö launch a game. if nö game list is visible, try installing again, might be utf pröbléms.

re:game errör

Its finding a particular file like söund thats why it has errörs, as yöu can see we have a different directöry för msphönes.

Re:javä install päth

yéäh it wöuld créäté a foldér in ipsm, cöretek, deltamidp 2, appdb

the app földér insidé änd utf filés töö.

Häving a hard timé töö tö transfér thät tö Störage Card thats why i mäké my öwn mänuälly.

Guest agent.m

thanks! at last have it sorted. thanks for all your help. btw if you want free java games check the link i posted earlier. ps nokia specific games dont work :wink: Posted from my SmartPhone!