Orange release UK E200 update

Guest PaulOBrien

Paul

I have had a replacement handset from orange. I have applied the update to it as i wanted the improved battery life. The handset is acting in exactly the same manner as the old one. I have done a hard reset and clear storage. I have noticed, however, that when the handset will not read the SD card, if you pull the card out it doesnt lock up. I was in task manager and went into show system status. The sd card space wasnt shown. The handset then slowed down. The only way to regain response was to pull the card out. It then sprang back into life. I think the problem may be sd card related and could be a particular type?

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest jbrare

Still no bloody sound in MMS's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does ne1 know of a work around for adding sound to MMS's in the standard *.amr format that most MMS enabled handsets use? I know that this update didn't address this issue ( :) )

Guest atonks

Right then, I've calmed down a bit now. I've re-installed the update (third time) then immediately done the "Clear Storage" thingy before I changed any settings. (Thanks for the tip Paul) And so far.... :-$ it seems ok.

I still don't like ClearType, coz it's not clear. And my BT performance for a headset is at least as bad as before. It's very disappointing that some minor (and probably easy to fix) bugs (or are they "features"?) haven't been addressed, but I can live with it now. I've had 12 hours without the phone locking me out or refusing to see the SD card.

One other disappointment. I've had to get the bus to work today :-({|= so I've been playing music through the headphones. Where's the bass and volume gone? Obviously the buzzing has been fixed by fiddling with these settings, but it's very tinny now. N'er mind, I get the car back tomorrow [-o<

Guest Simon Desser

Er Hellooooooooo :shock:

No it hasn't :cry:

But then again there are lots of phones (including P900) where you have to request a delivery report manually everytime.

Guest Toyota-F1.com
I really miss having the report :cry: Maybe the next update :?:

Grrr... I think it's just to save them money by making us not be bothered to select the report, and then them having to spend 0.5p in sending us a delivery report. Grrr...

Guest Toyota-F1.com

This is my first SPV, so I'd like to ask,

Have more than 1 update been released for any SPV handset? So, is this gonna be the only update ever for the SPV E200, or might there be another?

Guest Disco Stu

Panja :

Guess its time to reiterate :roll: this update is for Orange UK phones only!

If you have a non UK e200, Qtek, Smart or XPhone do not use this update

Guest atonks

I've kinda settled into my updated E200 now. Though I still preferred it before. It's pretty obvious to most of us that this update has not been a huge success to a lot of users, and I do wish I could go back to my pre-ClearType phone. There are lots of users of this forum that have had problems with the install, and problems with an unstable and less usable phone. Obviously we don't know what proportion of people have had problems, as people who've had no problems generally won't mention it.

I have no technical knowledge of what's involved in producing these updates, and I'm sure it's not easy. Turning down the volume and bass is a rubbish way of fixing phones with knackered speakers though. If the speakers are not up to the job (and they're not) then surely Orange should be supplying us with better speakers, not down-grading the performance to compensate.

If HTC, Microsoft and Orange between them cannot make the battery last for the advertised number of hours, then surely they should acknowledge that, or at the very least change the details on their spec here.

"battery life:

- talk time 3.0 hours

- standby 3.0 days"

No way does any E200 stay on standby for 3 days. It's a lie, :^o and that was before the update!

So, Mr Orange, will there be an updated update?

Can we expect any sort of acknowledgement of these problems?

Knowing that it's apparently better to do a "Clear Storage" after installing the update, will Orange add this to the instructions attached to the upgrade?

Mr Orange....?

](*,)

Guest carvas

why everyone ignores my post?! :cry:

please... tell me! does this new rom have T9 in portuguese?

is there any way to put it in if it doesnt have it?

thx

Guest acmjm

Oh NO...I use my E200 as my music player while on the move and since the update it has started "jumping"! It will be part way through a track and will skip to the next track. At first I thought I might have knocked the joystick in my pocket, but then I tried it with the keyboard locked and also holding it in my hand and watching it - it happened both times.

Anybody else had this happen?

p.s. My SD card keeps disappearing too!

Guest Baddass
why everyone ignores my post?!  :cry:  

please... tell me! does this new rom have T9 in portuguese?  

is there any way to put it in if it doesnt have it?

thx

how can i check for you? not sure where to find this info?

Guest Disco Stu

Pre-upgrade, if you look in Settings, Regional Settings, Language you were given a choice between UK English, US English, Italian, Spanish, Dutch etc.

Carvas would like to know if they've now included Portuguese.

:)

Guest smith2001

can some1 post the actual link to the exe update, ntl is being right gay in birmingham, if possible upload it to their ftp or site and give me the link to that 1 :)

cheers whoever helps

Guest Baddass
Nope, there's no portuguese there.

damn it, beaten to it!! :)

sorry was at work ealrier when i posted b4, only just got back

as said above, no portugese that i can see..........only:

uk english, us english, italian, spanish, french, dutch, danish, german :lol:

sorry..........also, dont know of any way to add new languages afaik

Guest smith2001

cheers dude, i have sorted it now, file downloaded @ 103kb/sec once i got onto the link, went a little strange on my PC once it was upgrading, but finally sorted it, like the pre-installed skin but the call quality is definatly different i prefered it before, mine was a none-buzzing SPV. hope its improved the battery tho, as it died on my on the train today after only 1 charge (pre-update)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.