Orange release UK E200 update

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest DJHope

Nice one paul, i really hope they come out with a fix soon! Don't want to have to get a replacement when technically there is nothing wrong with the handset only in software! SD Card problem is extremely annoying though, definately can't live with this especially with the recommendation to always install things on the SD Card!

Dave

Guest pd.ryder

Why will Orange not own up to poor software, poor update, etc?? They would have continued to make me feel a right chump if I hadn't access to forum such as this. They rarely admit it's the software - "must be your headset/installed program/SD card/way you hold the phone(!)" and so on.

Must admit, don't mind the cleartype, love the extended battery life. Not so keen on BT audio breaking up if more than 6 feet from the phone. Pre-update it managed a good 30 feet and that was through the kitchen wall! Suppose it's my headset....

Dead chuffed I can turn off that awful Cleartype now, I knew it was only a matter of time before some clever chap found a solution.

Had my first unseen card issue today though, boo.

Only prob I've had so far.

I must say though, my previous phone was a Nokia 7650 and I was constantly rebooting it due to crashing and other probs.

Compared to that phone my E200 is perfect!

Guest Pondrew
Not so keen on BT audio breaking up if more than 6 feet from the phone. Pre-update it managed a good 30 feet and that was through the kitchen wall! Suppose it's my headset....

Errr... I thought the maximum bluetooth range of our E200s was 10 feet? How did you ever get 30 feet out it?! :?

Guest smith2001

well, i am not impressed with the update so far, battery life seems the same to me (a day) but maybe i never conditioned it right when i got my phone so prolly my fault

Guest Baddass

well my battery life is doing VERY well atm, weird that some ppl have different experiences with it

my phoen has been on since 7 this morning, it's now 9.30pm and there's still 74% left!!!

Guest Vector

Yeh, my Battery life when the SD Card was in (post update) was only about a day, but i re-updated yesterday and since then my battery life with SD card in has been much better, it lasted 24 hours and i still had 73% left :)

Guest bugeyes

Ho Hum well that just about burries the e200 for me i doubt i'll be buying an Have To Crash phone again :shock:

so will it be the Mythical mpx 220,mpx 100 or go over to the other side an get a Treo600?

:?

Guest Bonzo

I know it may be a dumb question but has anyone been watching the French forums to see if they have had the same issues with the upgrade over there???

I mean we know from the release of the 'Shell-orange ' prog that they have the clear type and GPRS issues that the UK ROM does but what about the SD card issue and erratic battery performance issues that are being noted here???

Guest londonlad
...since then my battery life with SD card in has been much better, it lasted 24 hours and i still had 73% left :)

yeah, but in the next 24 hours, does it use up another 27% or the all of the remaining 73% :wink:

Guest IroNLieR

Hi @ all! I'm a MS Smartphone newbie. I tried to upgrade my mitac 8390 with this firmware but it's impossible. How i can upgrade my smartphone? Thanks!

Guest rikwebb
Hi @ all! I'm a MS Smartphone newbie. I tried to upgrade my mitac 8390 with this firmware but it's impossible. How i can upgrade my smartphone? Thanks!

:? :? :? :? :? :!: :!: :!: :?:

You mean the SPV e200 update?

Would it not be better to look for the mitac 8390 update (if there is one)!

Try looking in here http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewforum.php?f=48

Rik

Guest RussellH

So the long awaited E200 ROM update appears to be good for some people and not for others. I'm now pretty confused (mind you that's not hard)! It seems whatever phone you get, there are bugs. I guess I'll just have to make a decision and get something. Was pinning my hopes on this update actually improving the E200, which I returned because of everything it was supposed to be able to do but couldn't. The switching off of the SD card does sound very frustrating though. Perhaps I'll wait and see if someone clever here manages to create a fix. Decisions, decisions!

Guest rhaleuk

For what its worth, I would like to say that the update has been great for me. I have definately noticed a battery life improvement, and I personally dont mind the cleartype at all. Thanks Orange.

Guest spockie

can i check with you all, the ones with ROM updates, do you have file manager? what's it called? Not talking about the smartexplorer but the one that comes with the phone

Guest snakeeater

Im finding the update to be perfectly fine.

Saying hat I never really had a problem with the phone in its original form so maybe Im just easily pleased ?

Guest smith2001
well my battery life is doing VERY well atm, weird that some ppl have different experiences with it

my phoen has been on since 7 this morning, it's now 9.30pm and there's still 74% left!!!

mines on 78% from an overnight of 12 hours, so no where near as good as other peoples, oh and i never played with it, and i'm in a good signal area and only had 1 mms this morning

Guest DJHope

Well an increase in battery life is great if you dont use your SD card much, however i have loads of things on it and am constantly using my SD card, can't stand this!!!!!!

Is there anyway i can load the old rom on? (or maybe the french one dosnt have this problem) quite willing to do anythig to get rid of this!!! ARG!!!!!!

Dave

Guest Skilty

Anyone had bluetooth problems? I've got a Motorolla bluetooth headset that worked fine before the update but now it's not in my bonded devices list and when i select discoverable it says "no devices found"

Is there something i'm doing wrong??

Please help :)

Guest monty1

I generally use this community to make all my decisions regarding my smartphones . But having read the last 22 pages of discussion I am still undecided . The only real problems I have had with the phone is the short battery life (worse than my original spv with 1.6rom ) . I dont think my phone is a buzzer and my mini blue bluetooth headset works pretty well .Upgrading will be a pain as my pc is running 98 so ill have to take all of my gear round to my mates to do it .

Decisions decisions , Do I need the upgrade ? :shock:

Guest Disco Stu
Decisions decisions , Do I need the upgrade ? :shock:

I wouldn't bother mate.

Get into the habit of leaving it in the cradle at home and get a hot sync cable for work (or vice versa in my case) and perhaps a battery pack for long trips. Don't forget all the opportunities to recharge on cars / planes / trains etc

Guest dombates

I have Win 98 and ignored the Win 2000/XP requirement when I upgraded - I had no problems during the upgrade (once I turned my firewall off) and the phone has behaved fine so far. I definitely have better battery life and I think the cleartype font looks really funky. No idea whether bluetooth is better as I haven't tried it yet.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.