Orange release UK E200 update

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Rob.P

When referring to the Bluetooth serial port support that's been added, could you be a bit more presice on this as I still can't see a serial service on the phone, still got the same SSA and Voice Gateway but no serial port.

Or is it just support for other devices and such like that have BT serial ports?

Guest Simon Desser

Not had chance to play, but initial findings are:-

Florin's SIM Unlock remains unlocked :)

Clear Type seems to have been included (don't know if you can turn it off :? )

The Action Key STILL answers calls :x

Guest RX-8_chap

As luck would have it, my phone completely died on me today! Kind of got it back but most of the screens don't work including, contacts and Start! I can send and receive messages but according to the Home screen I have no signal! Bonkers!

Am running the ROM update now, if this doesn't sort it, is there some kind of Hard reset or Master erase I can do to kill all the software except SP2003???

Cheers

Guest spacemonkey

The update will re certification lock your phone.

And any "other" methods of cert unlocking will probably not work (except obviously such was don't exist anyway) so you'll need to:

1) http://www.developers.orange.co.uk/devzone/

2) click signature devices on the left

3) click spv e100 in the middle

4) click disable/enable security model in the middle

5) click disable/enable security certificate at the bottom of the middle

6) follow the obvious instructions

Also note, your sms/email will be emptied and lost. Your calendar and contacts will be lost but if you sync with outlook before the update then a sync will put them back.

Guest Simon Desser

I wish they'd make their bloody minds up :!: :!: :!: :?

Holding down the red "end call" button NOW DISCONNECTS GPRS :shock: :?

I've also found that the call volume in the earpiece varies intermittantly from one call to another :?

I've rung 150 to see if the buzzing has gone, (which it has :) )and the volume was very quiet, turned it up to full during the call, and it only increased a little. Rang 150 again, and the volume was nice and loud :lol: rang it again (without changing the volume) and it was very quiet again :? :?:

Guest MrMagoo

Does anyone know if this is the same version as the french update?

I only ask cos the files in the UK one are older than the french one???

edit: sorry it is older I didn't even look at the version number on the file!

so anyone know why they get a newer one?

Guest Pulse

HELP!! I just tried to update and it came up with 'usb device not recognised', froze my pc, and my phone is now on the 3 colour screen, but is not connected to activesync anymore!

Excellent.

Did the update, had a prob with hanging reboot screen but was sorted by removing battery.

Re-installed all my apps, sounds and skins no probs.

Rang a mate and instantly noticed an improvement on the sound quality. Mine wasn't a bad buzzer anyway.

Will have to wait and see on the battery life ofcourse, but I'm hopeful.

Only downer is that all the text is slightly blurred. Someone likened it earlier to Clear Type. Don't like it. Can you turn it off, it makes me squint.

Guest bambi

I’m getting same error every time, ERROR 117: INCOMPATIBLE IMAGE on QTEK 8080, even from Canary screen!

Gone to another PC started update from canary screen and now I have to wait for “5” minutes!

Guest Rob.P
"]Rob.P, go into Bluetooth Settings and enable it :)

P

Are you havin a laugh? If not I don't know what you mean, I have BT switched on but my laptop after scanning the phones BT services still can't find the BT serial port on the phone, I'm thinking I might have my wires crossed when people started mentioning "the BT will be updated with serial support".

Guest RX-8_chap

You little beauty!! :)

My phone now works again!

At least I know I can fix it again next time I break it!

Now where did those Apps go.......... :lol:

Guest Pulse

Can SOMEONE help me?!?!?!?!? All I get when I start my phone now is "Card Found", then "Press any key to enter bootloader", and then the 3 colour screen. I cant activesync now, and it doesnt do anything now?!?!?

Guest Rob.P

Yay! Thanks Paul, was being v.blind, life just got easier :)

[edit] what's "STK Service" that's in the Orange folder? Did start off as Orange Plus, but once I selected the prog, it decided to change it's name :? [/edit]

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.