Orange release UK E200 update

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest MrMagoo

who are they kidding - 5 mins total to update - its been going about 10 already and is only 2/3 through the install , let alone the reboot :)

Guest Simon Desser
Gotcha! 

The Keyboard UK update won't reinstall !

T

:) :lol: :lol:

They can't think of EVERYTHING :!: :roll:

For anyone who wants it, here's the cab file, it will install from that :lol:

( know I shouldn't really post it here, but I guess Orange probably won't mind :wink: )

Keyboard Update.gif

Keyboard Cab.zip

Guest mcwarre

Updated successfully and I can confirm that it is still SIM unlocked. Which is nice :wink:

Cheers Orange (and Mr O for letting the Mods beta test it!) :) :lol:

Guest drblow

:lol:

Well, gotta say that I am very glad to be the proud owner of a phone that now works as a phone!! I was very impressed with the call quality on phoning 150, the buzzing has gone completely!! I'm not a bluetooth user, so as long as there is an improvement in battery life, this update rules!!

Well done Orange on actually delivering - finally!! :) Now, if we can have one of these every 3 months or so, then we';ll be starting to get onto the right tracks, eh?? :lol:

I had no problems installing - only did take 5 mins. Yes, all my contacts etc were removed, but activesync picked them up straight away, so no worries there.

Not entirely convinced about the cleartype yet - but I'll give it a chance!

Good show all round I reckon!! :wink:

Guest cerberus_uk

pulse, just reset your phone, plug it into your cradle and run the upgrade, dont worry about activesync. it doesnt need to be able to find it. i had the same prob 5 mins ago

Guest cerberus_uk

did anyone notice the msn explorer icon in the start menu after the first boot? it deletes itself when you reset the phone (when it prompts you) and also resets the phone when you try and run it (on first boot)

Guest mcwarre

Yeah I noticed that. Also different homescreen on first boot. Still all okay so no worries.

When mine first booted smartjournal ran on the PC and it asked if I wanted to allow it to run (on the phone) I said yes so it rebooted.

Guest Simon Desser

Just noticed that receiving an incoming call NOW disconnects you from GPRS :?

A missed call is fine, but actually taking a call, disconnects you :twisted: :!:

Guest wilko81
When referring to the Bluetooth serial port support that's been added, could you be a bit more presice on this as I still can't see a serial service on the phone, still got the same SSA and Voice Gateway but no serial port.

Or is it just support for other devices and such like that have BT serial ports?

Try going to Start > Configurations > BTSerialSupportSetup.

Enable Inbound and Outbound Bluetooth Serial Ports

Guest spacecowboy6982

Aaah - alot of happy people - what can I say :) I knew it would be out before the end of March - had a bet with Morpheus that if it wasnt Id have my post count reset by Paul :!:

Heres to non-buzzers :!:

spacecowboy

Guest cjmillsnun

F!?*ing hell it's great.

Although my phone didn't buzz, the sound wsa over bassy. 'tis now fine.

I have enabled BT and am waiting to see what the battery life is like.

Thanks Orange!

Guest spacecowboy6982

Lol - i dont think he took any offer up; but I was confident of winning either way lol. I say its a forfit for him :!: Any ideas lol ?!?!

spacecowboy *delighted with his new and improved E200*

Guest Toyota-F1.com

Wow!!! I am really reading this?!! Anyway, I wasn't too bothered about the update because I don't have any serious problems, but obviously, I like it to be here!!!

What my problem is, how do I backup by registry? I've changed the menu order and things, so I want to back it up (which it won't allow - is it because it is fully locked?).

Thanks for the help!

Guest SFMH3

Oh joy! Orange' bandwidth must be getting hit hard today, first time I downloaded it it wouldn't run, second time was fine. No problems running the update, did take a little longer than the five mins stated. On reboot said was a conflict, phone rebooted and now is fine, and NO BUZZING!

Think the second boot may be Orange taking over the settings, because the contacts list was empty, none of the drivel that they put in for you

Then my office has just had a power cut... Penance perhaps :-)

Guest t3dluke

I think the time it takes to update the phone is probably dependant on how many USB devices you have. I have just Hard Reset my phone and started the ROM update on a very fast computer and has taken nearly 10 min to reach 50% complete. The update hanged on Canary screen first time but I followed the on screen guidance from the update program and the update seems to be working, fingers crossed. Hell I'm typing this on my laptop because I'm so scared that multitaking while updating could cause it to f**k up, my faith in Orange lately really has been that bad.

Guest morpheus2702
Lol - i dont think he took any offer up; but I was confident of winning either way lol. I say its a forfit for him :!: Any ideas lol ?!?!

spacecowboy *delighted with his new and improved E200*

Hey, more than willing to have my post count reset if it means regular updates! Reset me everytime there's an update! :)

Guest Deemon

I run the update...it brings up the installer..I press next to continue...then nothing....this text flickers on my screen saying dont take the phone out of the cradle but thats it...I wait..it does nothing...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.