Orange release UK E200 update

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest chocobogo
Mr O have noticed that Orange have no proof readers "The SPV E200 software is being erasing"  :)  only joking thanks for getting us the update in good time, much appreciated compared with the past.

Did you notice the

1% Completedd spelling mistake too.

Awesome attention to detail!

Guest Pondrew

Deemon: I was surprised at how long the pc and phone were sat apparently doing nothing. I was convinced it had gone wrong but it did work in the end. You sure you left it long enough?

First impressions good, never tried cleartype before but quite like it already.

Annoyed at myself though as I didn't bother backing up the pics and vids I'd recorded and stored in storage/my documents folder. They're all gone now. Serves me right for being lazy though as I wondered if I should back them up!

Guest shardy

Well, I installed the update, the sound on voice calls is better but the sound on video recordings has gone from bad to terrible. All you can hear is loud crackling and hissing with some broken conversation in the background. Anyone else have this problem? I guess I'm going to have to change my e200 again after all. :)

Guest Terry Gibson

I wish Orange's 5 mins of airtime was in the same length as the Update timer?

Still, maybe the battery will last an Orange 5 mins now...............

Gonna apply the update now.Wasn't convinced with Cleartype before as it was blurred, anyone else experienced this before the update and noticed improvements now ?

ALSO - does it recreate the file I removed for IA CALLER ID ?

ALSO - Does it allow ringtones from the SD card ?

Guest Deemon
Deemon: I was surprised at how long the pc and phone were sat apparently doing nothing. I was convinced it had gone wrong but it did work in the end. You sure you left it long enough?

It was ZoneAlarm stopping the update working...which is odd as i allowed the Update access to the network...anyway..all working now...89% done

Guest shaund316

mine did this, so I deleted the file, downloaded it again, left the activesync window open and just had the update as the only program running and left it to do it on it's own and it worked fine so just try different things but I think it's best to keep your PC free while you do it

Guest shardy

Zonealarm caused mine to fail first time round as well. Sent my whole computer crazy, the task bar started appearing at the top of the screen and everything on the PC screen was flashing and freezing! I had to reset the PC which was a worrying moment in the middle of an upgrade, but once I restarted and shutdown zonealarm it all went fine.

Guest Simon Desser

I know I've been a bit negative so far :oops:

but, one bit of good news - "All Day Events" now seem to update from one day to the next correctly :) :lol: :lol:

Guest atonks
I run the update...it brings up the installer..I press next to continue...then nothing....this text flickers on my screen saying dont take the phone out of the cradle but thats it...I wait..it does nothing...

Same problem here. I've downloaded the update again in case that was corrupt. But it's the same. Now I've got a phone that I can't get off the multi-colour screen! :evil:

HELP !!!!

Guest bikespod

:roll: I can't believe it, the update arrives and i cannot get an active sync connection for the first time ever. not even with the cradle let alone bluetooth. can it be something to do with upgrading to windows xp professional.

Guest squall

could be - whats happening when you insert your phone?

if active sync attempts to sync - or your system finds a usb device you can run the update by putting the phone in the boot loader before inserting into the cradle.

Guest Deemon

Same problem here. I've downloaded the update again in case that was corrupt. But it's the same. Now I've got a phone that I can't get off the multi-colour screen! :evil:

HELP !!!!

If you have a firewall on...turn it off while you update...that solved my issues straight away

Guest MARKUKCOUK

file://windowspocketmsn.htm

thats the msn icon thing that appears and dissappeas.

Brings up a screen saying....

"NEW Poclet MSN. Subscribe Now to get MSN services on your smartphone!

MSN Messenger, MSN Hotmail, alerts, and mobile web. Continue (link) online for pricing, and feature availability

Guest bikespod

nothing at all happens. even if I attempt to get connected it doesn't recognise the phone, no device was detected!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is because i've upgraded to a p900 isn't it, but i haven't even got it yet. :?

Guest zabirp

:!: Woohooo :!:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :? 8) :) :x :lol: :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: =D> #-o =p~ :^o [-X [-o:D/

Guest zabirp

ARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH

"The contents of this file cannot be unpacked. Executable you are trying to run is corrupted..."

](*,) Why ME!!!

Plus im using 56k!! :cry: :) :cry: :x :x :x :evil: :evil:

Guest XPhoneGeek

I have successfully upgraded my English O2 Xphone with the new UK Orange update. No errors or issues. Will report battery life observations in a day or so... :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.