Orange release UK E200 update

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest nickcornaglia

I just installed the update.....

The first time I ran it, the phone went to Canary screen, my PC monitor whent crazy with stuff all over the place until my PC finally crashed. (It had never crashed yet until now). Sony Vaio 2.8Ghz P4.

So I had to reboot and the phone was corrupted. When I ran again it said updating from (nothing) to 2.6.1.3

Anyway...all is well now!

AND as an extra bonus, my outgoing email problem is fixed now. After I setup GPRS and WAP to work with ATT, I set me email accounts up.

I now got this message.....

" Server Certificate is invalid. Continue anyway? "

I said yes and now all my email accounts can send AND receive mail.

NICE! :)

Guest nickcornaglia
IS THIS UPDATE APPLICABLE FOR O2 XPHONE??? PLS RESPOND!  :cry: 

sniff...

Spockie....no need to scream.

Are you stupid!? Read up the post!

Nedge...no name calling. Even if the answer to his question was just 2 posts above his.

Guest spockie

I know the guy installed it into his Xphone, but would there be problems, hence would it be applicable? Sorry about that ppl.

Also interested with the network issues with an Orange OS

Guest nedge2k

sorry encece and spockie. incredibly frustrated with cleartype. no matter what i do i cant shift it. ive gone through the reg and made .cabs for various reg values and made values but i wont f**kin go!

anyway, glad to hear you got the email sorted.

if anyone knows how to get rid of this bloody cleartype i'd appriciate hearing it.

on a lighter note...the call quality rocks!! :wink:

Guest nickcornaglia

Thanks nedge.

One more little thing...

I noticed holding down the * key does not bring the input method menu up anymore. Back to the original switch method at the top right of the screen.

Guest martinkwright

Was going to try and update a i-mate™ Smartphone2.

2 mins later..

Got this on step 3..

:evil: ERROR 117: INCOMPATIBLE IMAGE :evil:

Any thoughts? I thought I could be as happy as the rest of you all.

Oh well... Back to the t610.

Guest jason76

my story, first spv e200 buzzing when in call only, not a problem when just telling my mates what time i'm going to be in the pub ,music through speaker ok, droped it from a great height :oops: .Got a replacement and now buzzing in call a lot more and music trough speaker is realy buzzing.After update,in call still buzzing just got less bassey, music thriugh speaker still crap.

Thier is some dogy speakers on some spv's :cry:

martin,

did you try to run the update with the imate in the tri-color screen? If not, retry it from there...

- Just turn the phone off

- hold the record/camera key down (don't let go)

- then press the power button (keep both pressed until it says press any key to go into bootloader (or something like that))

- don't press anything and wait a few seconds then you'll see the tri-color screen.

- plug the phone into the cradle and ensure you are powering the phone

- retry the update

let us know if it works on the IMate ok and if you are still sim unlocked...

Guest coreymcl

Well, I downloaded and successfully installed the update. The only problem I have found is I can no longer use the program that was posted on this site for a while to allow me to install Home Screen's that can the start-up and shut-down graphics. I guess I will have to wait for a fix for this.

By the was I live in the States, TX. I purchased a SPV-E200 on the Orange Developer site.

Guest martinkwright

imate smartphone update...

Try to install with the following options and still no success.

- SD Card In

- SD Card Out

- Blank SD

- No SIM Card

Getting more depressed by the minute.

MAN I WANT THIS TO WORK. :-({|=

Guest nickcornaglia
Well, I downloaded and successfully installed the update. The only problem I have found is I can no longer use the program that was posted on this site for a while to allow me to install home screen's that can the start-up and shut-down graphics. I guess I will have to wait for a fix for this.

By the was I live in the States, TX. I purchased a SPV-E200 on the Orange Developer site.

Did you try to app unlock it???

See this thread

http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=102618

Guest nickcornaglia

Posted from my SmartPhone!

it still works. put your number in this format:

or

with no plus sign

Also try having an open gprs connection while you do it.

it looks like probably... before it runs the update it checks to see what device you have and if it doesn't equal X, Y, Z then it gives you the error 117: Incompatible image, but.... I'm not sure why a Qtek and XPhone user could do upgrade though? maybe there is a registry entry or file you can put on the phone to trick it into thinking it's a compatible image... Of course, I'm just guessing here...

Guest drblow

hmmm ... not too impressed by bettery life!! :evil: Went to bed last night at about 12.30, fully charged - got up today about 7.00, only 58% battery life.

Thats maybe a very slight improvement, but nothing worth talking about!! :evil:

Guest tooney

If this clear type cannot be turned off then my E200 is for sale. Hate hate hate hate it. Blurry and nasty stupid excuse for a higher res screen, does nothing more than give me a head ache as I try in vain to focus on that once crystal clear screen. Cheers orange looks like I need a new phone now...

Guest bambi
Thanks for the suggestion yoos... but... still no luck. 

Got the same blasted error...

ERROR 117: INCOMPATIBLE IMAGE

Martin I had same problem on Qtek 8080. First I tried with the phone on and get the same message. Do you have another PC? I believe that upgrade creates some temp file and that you are not able to pass "117" after that. I did solve the problem using other pc but I did start update from "canary" (tri color screen). It was not able to read rom version info but I did update the phone!

Guest blowdart

1) Bloody phone is back to the original App Locking state, and so SmartFilter won't run. The orange unlock site doesn't help, and the old No Warez NO LONGER RUNS. It complains its a "Not signed" application.

So I can no longer run SmartFilter.

2) badword ClearType. It's NOT CLEAR!

3) Pc => Bluetooth => Phone => GPRS still doesn't work (oops, yes it does, I just messed up!)

Guest martinkwright

Thanks for the suggestion bambi but,

Just tried on another machine. Same f'ing error. Started three color mode and everything.

Just sent a nastagram to I-Mate as well. I have about had it.

I really like the phone, just without a decent bluetooth enabled device, it's practically useless.

Guest barkythedog

help please the dog installed update no problem i think but it wont let me run pocket mvp its saying its not a trusted certificate, yes i have unlocked software twice can run space invaders and pocket tv no probs last time i had to hard reset any ideas as the phone is going to be restrained injected and then secluded for its own protection

Guest pride

Just done the update last night and so far there dont appear to be any problems - but I havent played around with the bluetooth settings yet. Hears hoping that all goes well.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.