ClearType Off

Guest Pagemakers

Guest nedge2k
Martin the new update prevents you from changing these settings using reg edit.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Not that one it doesnt. Still doesnt make a difference thou. Dont see why orange just cant make a switchin prog for us. HINT HINT ORANGE!

Guest nedge2k

After speaking with Midnight it would seem that Orange were right! Its not enough to change the values...they must be deleted. This can only be done with an app. My skills aren't up to this so, on behalf of all E200 owners that want rid of cleartype, i beg anyone with the skills to make an app to delete the following reg entries:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESystemGDIClearType

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINEGDISYSFNTQt

Free us from our blurry nightmare!!

Ok.

But how does this new utility work then ?

Does it just toggle some registry keys or values or something in addition to that ?

Is someone able to compare a registry file before applying this utility and one after having done it ?

Regards

G

Well, I do ;-)

As I have the Qtek8080 (which I bought unlocked and not from Orange) I won't install any Orange-branded firmware, because I'm not willing to screw my device with their certificate (which I then won't be able to decertify: what Orange phone number should I enter on their website ?).

Therefore I see no other possibility then wait for a "native" Qtek upgrade (which - I hope - will be basically the same code but without setting a certificate).

But it may be that even there Cleartype is set on by default and I am already now checking how it can be set off again.

If you like Cleartype it's fine for you. I do NOT like it as the font looks blurred on my Qtek8080 (V1.7) with CT set on.

Regards

G

Guest spockie
Well, I do ;-)

As I have the Qtek8080 (which I bought unlocked and not from Orange) I won't install any Orange-branded firmware, because I'm not willing to screw my device with their certificate (which I then won't be able to decertify: what Orange phone number should I enter on their website ?).

Therefore I see no other possibility then wait for a "native" Qtek upgrade (which - I hope - will be basically the same code but without setting a certificate).

But it may be that even there Cleartype is set on by default and I am already now checking how it can be set off again.

If you like Cleartype it's fine for you. I do NOT like it as the font looks blurred on my Qtek8080 (V1.7) with CT set on.

Regards

G

sorry, could you help me by telling me what these certs are?

what do they do and how would it affect a e200/xphone/qtek user?

as for xphone if you hardreset, it means that all your certs are gone?

pls reply

Guest Pagemakers

Basically the E100 is locked so you can only run programs that have been certified. The E200 allows you to run programs that have not been certified after you agree to a pop up warning. You still can not however modify any of the core os files on the phone until you completely unlock it.