Megadrive Emulator READ 1st POST

Guest retro

Guest maxh2003
I accidently pressed the back key in the options

Note to self: prevent use of back key in options dialog :-D

You might (or might not) be able to use Xbar to get out of such a lock, FWIW. But the bug fix will be along shortly (-ish)...

Max

Guest wdehaas

I don´t know if it´s difficult to program but I think it would be nice if you can load a saved game immediately without starting the game first. There should come a list of all the save games where you can choose from..

Guest muzzio_giovanni

ok i try to tell it in this way :

every time i change the screen mode i follow these steps :

1) run picodrive key settings program and define all my keys

2) run picodrive

3) run a rom

4) swithc in the specific screen mode from options menu

5) try all the directions and find problem with : right jump or go down or left jump

today i try all my roms and everybody have these problems,the only keyboard setting right is when use the normal key directions please correct this problem

Guest quacka

Max,

Well I tried with the up=6 down=4 left=2 right=8. Up dont seem to work rest works fine.

up=2 down=8 left=4 right =6. same problem up don't work

up=4 down=6 left =8 right=2 same problem up don't work too

This is a very weird bug. Hope you can fix it :)

Guest phonesmarts

yeah, it seems the game direction "up" does not seem to work for all screen orientations except for the default (90º CW). playing this way just seems weird (most controllers have the d-pad on the left). this problem only appears in the later versions of Picodrive. the key mapping on the may 7th? one seems to work fine

Guest maxh2003
This is a very weird bug
You're not wrong. I've been scratching my head for a couple of days trying to work out what the fudge is going on here. I couldn't see anything useful in the version from May 7th that could be responsible either... :S

Anyway thanks for the feedback, all; I've decided that the best thing would be to re-write the key-testing code - in particular, just separate it from Picodrive Key Settings and hard-code up/down/left/right settings which will auto-change according to what orientation you're using. Then I'll package it into a special MPx200 Test Version and hopefully then you guys can give it a try and see if it works any better. If it does, and if it works on my E200 as well, then I'll make the code changes permanent. As a cute side-effect it would of course no longer be necessary to use PicoDrive Key Settings.exe just because you wanted to play in a different orientation.

Keep an eye on my site or this thread; hopefully I'll get the test version out tonight or tomorrow night (Friday night coding, lol!)

Thx again for the feedback on this one, all.

would be nice if you can load a saved game immediately without starting the game first

Certainly would. This might be possible once the proper File Selector is ready.

does anyone know why i cant set the 'record' button to anything 'cause i'd really like it to be 'C'

The voice record button is always an absolute pig to use in applications because of the way it (normally) jumps you out of any app and into Voice Record. I'll see if I can do something about it but unless you hear something specific from me, you might have to make do with another key.

Max

Guest muff

The voice record button is always an absolute pig to use in applications because of the way it (normally) jumps you out of any app and into Voice Record. I'll see if I can do something about it but unless you hear something specific from me, you might have to make do with another key.

Max

I'd stick clear of the record button if I were you - on the SPV and e100 (not sure about e200) it only actually creates a message when released, there is no message when pressed down, so it's more of a clicked message, than a keydown one - and you also cannot test it's down state because of this - which obviously limits its use in games quite a lot

there is then also the added complication of the record function being on there, and sometimes people also have xbar on there as well

Guest maxh2003
stick clear... added complication...

Eloquently put, muff. That would explain why I've had such problems trying to use the Voice Record button in the past. It's also a great example of why writing Embedded Visual C++ for Smartphone is sometimes such a mInD-bEnDiNg task... :-D

Guest echolock

Nice update. Cheers for all the good work.

One suggestion; could it save the screen orientation after you change it? it's a minor point :)

Guest fdave
wicked!  :lol:   I know this is gonna sound funny but this emulator is too fast!! or i've slowed down?!  :wink:  anyhow, the file selecting thing, is a bit buggy, wasnt before - so you know it could be something you've added/changed. On the whole - brilliant work !  

:idea:  Do you think it will be possible to make two player games using bluetooth? (play someone with a e200)

It could well be too fast actually being honest :)

The thing is when games were simple, they didn't modify the speed for 50hz and 60hz screens. So [edit] in an emulator is running at the speed it was intended to be played at (60hz), but being English you and I probably first played it running 17.5% slower in PAL at 50hz. So [edit] at the 'correct' speed seems very very fast!

Guest muzzio_giovanni

maxh2003 wrote

I'll package it into a special MPx200 Test Version and hopefully then you guys can give it a try and see if it works any better.
...but when? we are here,waitong for it!!!!!!

always max wrote

Keep an eye on my site or this thread; hopefully I'll get the test version out tonight or tomorrow night (Friday night coding, lol!)

are you shure?????

Guest maxh2003
always max wrote  

Quote:  

are you shure?????

LOL, muzzio that's not very helpful. You know that (just like Dave) I'm doing this for fun, not as a profession. Sometimes that means it takes a back seat because I have other things to do too. *Everyone else* managed to wait patiently for the next version.

Anyway, the new version is now up at www.gamesforsmartphones.co.uk - I've rewritten the joypad code, so we'll see if the MPx200 problem is fixed, or if it gets worse. You don't set the up/down/left/right keys yourself any more - the code decides what they should be, based on the orientation.

There's also the back-key-in-Options-screen fix and framerate/orientation saving, as requested.

Enjoy...

Max

Guest badboy4life

Any chance that you could have a different key map for each orientation? So for example when you switch from landscape to portrait the directional keys change too, instead of having to re-run the key settings app?

Anyway great work and keep it up :)

Guest unclelimey

good work as usual max.... now, if only my favourite game on the megadrive would work!

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest kopkings

good job on the update max the back key now doesnt lock my fone.

managed to get a couple of roms that didnt work prevously and games that have timers in now work.

my fav game a cert [edited by midnight] one doesnt work due to the them all of a sudden flying and I think it needs more than 3 buttons

But it doesnt matter keep up the good work and soon you will have a complete working version. Any luck with sound yet?

Guest wdehaas

Wow! Thumbs up for this nice update..good work Max..one small note though. The backlight option is not been saved by Picodrive. Maybe you can fix that in the next update? I think it is useful that when you quit Picodrive it will toggle the backlight off.

Guest maxh2003
has there been any change to the emulator code max?

Not in this version, but there will be in the next. Several new games will be working... though probably none of the ones hinted at above...

Guest xavierjohn22

wäiting héré, 24 hrs ä däy, älivé änd kicking, réady tö döwnlöäd!

hé hé hé.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest muzzio_giovanni

maxh2003 wrote :

LOL, muzzio that's not very helpful. You know that (just like Dave) I'm doing this for fun, not as a profession. Sometimes that means it takes a back seat because I have other things to do too. *Everyone else* managed to wait patiently for the next version.

yes max i know this very well exuse me if i say something wrong but i would like that this emulator became THE EMULATOR (do you understand me :wink: ) now, i go to download the "special edition" and i try it so i can tell the news to you,sorry another time see you!!!