Megadrive Emulator READ 1st POST

Guest retro

Guest muzzio_giovanni

ok max !!! perfect!!!now the pad keys work in properly way every time with every screen mode with every rom!!!! wonderfull,now the situation is this,listen to me :

1°) the picodrive with key setting program and all the rom are into a folder into the storage card ok? when run picodrive it load,in the start menù,all the files with the .bin and .smd extention but in ALL the phone ( ipsm,windows,storage card etc,etc ) this operation take same several time so : is possible run only .bin and .smd of a specific folder ? ( these where picodrive and roms are i mean ) because,i think,in this way first loading operation must be more speedy,what do you think?

2°) the change setting of the keypad when the screen mode change is a great think in this way isn't necessary to re-define the keys every time,for me is a good think if you don't change this option,are you agree?

ok i think that's all for the moment but everyone are waiting for the next updates i waiting for you bye!!!

Guest maxh2003

Updated again!

Dave sent me an update to the Pico layer, so I built a new version. Some new games work :) , plus there's a new screen mode. Also, by popular request, PicoDrive only searches for ROMs *in or under* the install directory. That means it's a *lot* faster to start up.

Download from www.gamesforsmartphones.co.uk as usual. Here's a screenshot showing off the new full-screen portrait mode...

Enjoy...

Max

screenshot.jpg

Guest kopkings

hey

Update is a big improvements on graphics and now it being full screen looks better. My fav game still doesnt work though, he flys straight up in the air. Also now when you goto load rom in options all there is the option 2 quit picodrive so i have to quit and reload to get my list of roms.

Guest dnavarro77

The new update does not find any roms for me, AND my roms are in the same folder as the .exe! Do we have to do something to get this to work? I have a Samsung i600. My picodrive.exe and .bin and.smd roms are in my storage card under /storage card/program files/megadrive/

D

Guest maxh2003

For those having difficulty, try the attached version, and let me know what "popup 1" and "popup 2" say...

:edit: - this version should no longer be needed.

Guest dnavarro77

for me "popup 1" = Storage CardProgram FilesMegadrivePicoDrive.exe

"popup 2" = Storage CardProgram FilesMegadrive

and now it works with that version! Hope this helps the troubleshooting. Thx for the quick help.

D

Guest phonesmarts

it works! but is there a way so that it only reads from /SC/PF/Genesis/? is there a way so that i can modify where is reads, and it will always read from there?

thanks, and keep it up! i still want to play Shining F.... II!

Guest muzzio_giovanni

ok i download new version .exe file and in first and second popup he tell me the folder where picodrive and roms are after that he run showing all my rom and now it is very fast but every time i run picodrive he visualize the popup1 and popup2 now i must to try it with the roms

good work man!!!

Guest ptirominet

Hi maxh2003

So now it's ok with your updated file!!! after launching picodrive it displays the 2 popups...

all roms in the folder Storage CardProgram FilesPico Drive are shown... n run :)

the only s*** thing (as far as I can find) is that the 2 popups are displayed every time you launch the famous emulator ^^'

would it be changed?

Guest maxh2003
2 popups are displayed every time you launch
If I get a chance tonight, I'll put together a new release, identical to the popups-version but without the popups.

Before it was asked for all the key setting including up/down/left/right, now with the one include in the zip file from http://www.gamesforsmartphones.co.uk/picodrive.shtml the tool does not asked for those key setting.... normal??

Perfectly normal. PicoDrive now guesses for itself, how the U/D/L/R settings should be. So I removed them from the PicoDrive Key Settings program. They might return at some point though, to allow you to specify *additional* U/D/L/R keys, because I'd like to be able to use 2/4/6/8 as U/L/R/D - that way, diagonals are possible even on my E200.

FWIW, if I launch the same game three times in a row (by using options -> 6: Load ROM), the emulator crashes on me. Is anyone else seeing this behaviour? I *think* it's something to do with the Pico changes in the last version, so I probably can't fix it, but will look into it.

Guest fdave2
no, [edited by midnight]Posted from my SmartPhone!

Actually one of them ([edited by midnight]) seems to work in the latest Pico version (0.023)

It needed VRam (CRam to be specific) read support you see.

Guest ka_oni_kappa

Wow this emulator just gets better and better!

The new key mapping is spot on and i like having a separate options page instead of having to asign lots of different keys for loading,saving etc..

I cant really think of any improvements you could make (except sound)..

maybe it would be good to have a colourful picodrive splash screen at start up just to put the icing on the cake..

Fantastic job MAXH2003 aka maxcarnage

also thanks to dave for making it all possible in the first place..

Guest phonesmarts

^^BUMP!

The keymapping is excellent in this new version, and it loads much faster now! hope it will support more games in the future...like [edited by midnight]!

Keep up the good work1

Guest quacka

This is because this forum forbids posting status of games. They think it will promote piracy.

I am trying to get that game to run since the first release too. [edited by midnight]

Well [nice try... edited by midnight] enough we will wait for it to be fix :)

Guest quacka

Actually one of them ([edited by midnight]) seems to work in the latest Pico version (0.023)

It needed VRam (CRam to be specific) read support you see.

I think this is the case for the [edited by midnight] agent.m is talking about too. Hopefully when Max updates the core to 0.023 everything will work :)

Guest unclelimey

Great work again...

got loads more games working, wont be long till all games are working

nice one max

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest maxh2003
Hopefully when Max updates the core to 0.023 everything will work

The most recent versions released (the one on my website and the test-popup version earlier in this thread) are both based around 0.023, hence the [edited by midnight]

Guest fdave2
This is because this forum forbids posting status of games. They think it will promote piracy.

[edited by midnight]

LOL - this forum is bonkers!

Okay, bug report noted.

Still it's nice that the [edited by midnight] is working isn't it?

The [edited by midnight], I can't recall, I believe might be working in Pico 0.023. Of course I'm not talking about a real game here, that would be illegal :)