Megadrive Emulator READ 1st POST

Guest retro

Guest midnight

i am the one who deleted the post from yesterday and i'm also going througfh this thread removed names (well, any talk of games, as stated originally and has been set currently as a rule) that are trying to cheat it with *'s or whatever aswell, until Paul says otherwise, the rules still stand, no talk about roms, that simple.

If anyone deliberately fails to stick by this rule, next time i will issue a warning.

Guest Jamma14

hey i hope im not asking a question thats alreddy been asked again but how do u quit after youve started playing the rom? nothing seems to work

Guest phonesmarts

OK i wont post anything like i will yesterday anymore (which got instantly deleted, i think)...until...

Anyway, you press the key that you assigned "Options" to and a menu should come up. If I am right, the quit shuld be the 9 key.

With the rom problem, you might have placed them in the wrong folder. Place it where the emu is (perhaps its /Storage Card/Program Files/Genesis/).

Guest fdave2
FDave was final burn initially an A******** emulator??? I still remember the buzz when it was released  :)

I am that man.

Guest midnightman

hi guys could you help me with my dillemma?? the emu works fine on other roms but there is one specific rom that doesn't seem to work everytime i start the emu it exits itself. whenever i press the start button, the emu exits itself what's wrong?? hopefully someone could help me solve this thanks in advance guys

Guest sadistsly

this game censoring is ludecrous, bloody joke, oh well, this will not work, it just says

/sc/megadrive/picodrive.exe

i click OK then nothing, plus no option to quit :)

can any 1 help me here?

Guest midnight

ive mentioned it once and i'll mention it again, if you have a problem with game censoring, set up your own site and have your own forum for that kind of thing, i suppose you think me removing a link of yours in the java thread was a 'bloody joke' aswell do you? even though that had stacks of copyrighted java games available to download.

Guest sadistsly

was only linking to another forum, what they provide, host or link to there is there own buisness not mine, i didnt complain about that at all, infact i fully excepted it so i dont know why it was brought up, another example of people assuming what my intentions and thoughts are, this is my quarrel . And is in no way is it a direct "beef" with you, i feel this topic needs to be discussed properly with all members. What you did there i fully understand, but just censoring of game NAMES i find silly and i'm fully entilited to this opinion.

I Still need any advice on why nothing is showing in game list with Pico Drive the first version displays list, the others do not, the latest version that was released to sort this problem just hangs with no list nor option to quit the EM, any 1 still experiancing this prob?

Any solution in the pipeline?

Thnx

Guest sadistsly

i did earlier, didnt work :lol: read ya post, thought hmm, try again, it worked :) Thnx :lol:

Oh, Later on just before the release of the 32Bit Addon for the MegasDrive/Genesis they relased a 6 Button Controller and quite a few of the later games can use this feature, any chance of implementing the 3 extra buttons ?

It was mentioned earlier that the "Win/Hourglass" "thinking" interupts play, what is this proccess and can it be halted whilst picodrive is running, becuase it is constantly interupting game play and Pico will no longer respond to any key presses what so ever when the smartphone does this :lol:

Oh by the way, this will be truely excellant when finished, good job guys, bloody good job

Guest maxh2003

Hi all...

I think unclelimey spoke for us all, on both sides of the fence, when he said:

bored of this now
Every post on this thread (just about) made a good point, and I can see where everyone is coming from, but it's all got a bit out-of-hand.

So...

There is now a compatibility list at www.gamesforsmartphones.com . If your favourite game doesn't work, check the list. If it's not on the list, email [email protected]. DO NOT SEND ANY ATTACHMENTS OF ANY KIND. The list will be updated in due course :-)

As it is obvious that the MoDaCo powers-that-be want it this way, please do not mention any ROM names in this thread. At all. For any reason. This will Make People Happy, and increase the general level of human understanding on the planet, which is a Good Thing.

There is a new version of PicoDrive available from the usual place - just the same version as was available on this thread, but without the debug popups. I'm considering how best to implement a multiple-saves-per-ROM function as per muzzio_giovanni's request, but it'll be a little while yet.

Post here if you find any problems (and only if the problem can be described without reference to particular ROMs!)

Enjoy...

Max

6 Button Controller

Unfortunately, as Dave has explained, the 6-button controller was implemented as a nasty bodge so it's a pain to emulate. No doubt it'll be along sometime, but there are other priorities. Sorry about that.

"Win/Hourglass" "thinking" interupts play

This shouldn't be happening. What phone do you have, and what programs do you have that are running at startup? Are you using a homescreen with complicated plugins that could be responsible?

Guest wdehaas

Back to the emulator topic...I tested the latest version of Picodrive on my E200. Everything runs fine...BUT...I noticed that it less smoother than the previous version...every few seconds the screen pauses a millisecond...Can anybody confirm this?

Guest markjtaylor

Midnight,

I've been browsing these boards for some time now, but decided my first post should be a huge thankyou for all the work you have put into this emulator.

I'm currently running the newest version on a Motorolla MPX 200, with no problems at all.

I've found putting the framerate on 50 provides the best results, and have been able to play most games i've tried ( 37 out of 40 ).

Thanks again for all your hard work, its much appreciated.

Guest midnight

errr, unless thats a 'slash'you command, i havent done any work on this m8, thank maxh2003 and fdave for their great work, it is certainly impressive (and shows palm users what the emulator really should be like hehe)

Guest Pondrew

Heh. Yeah, I was trying to work out if I'd forgotten how to read what with you (mid) being given the credit for Max's work.

After all, with all the worship of Eclipse fans, we wouldn't want your head to get too big! :)

Guest sadistsly

yeh this is superb, and thnx for the response Max its appreciated,

Yeh SOoo many games R working :) its just some RPGs that Crash/Hang due to Save gameBatteryMemory issues, is this a known issue?

Yeh some games wont store data what so ever and makes it immpossible to play, this generally tends to be old RPGs.

Oh any intentions on implementing 32X support in the future?

And isnt there a select button on MegaDrive controllers?? i cant remember

Guest phonesmarts

GJ on the new version and the compatibility listing. keep it up!

Which RPGs are you referring to, sadistsly?

Well, most genesis games do not tend to have a save rom, but the save system works perfectly (just copy, paste, and rename to get multiple save files)

mmmm...32x...i remember that. precursor to the mighty Saturn. :) Virtua Fighter days!

nope, never was a select button. the B or C buttons act as a select button. (all the better)

Guest fdave
Midnight,

I've been browsing these boards for some time now, but decided my first post should be a huge thankyou for all the work you have put into this emulator.

:shock:

Okay, so now Mr. "I Delete Dave's Bug Reports" is getting praise for developing the emulator???

Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaay....

Max, I really think you could do with a readme, with credits, if you haven't done one already! I don't want money for the emulator, I believe it is wrong to make money from other people's game... but come on credit where it's due please!

I worked hard on this for almost a year...

Guest nedge2k

I wouldnt take it personally mate. Prob just an oversight. Anyonee who bothers to read this thread properly ( nedge2k glares at markjtaylor ) would know you are the creator an Max has ported your code.

You've both done excellent work and i for one cant thank you enough :) Everyone has their own opinions of emulators but from an end user point of view...they rock...especially when done as well as this. Well done lads.