Megadrive Emulator READ 1st POST

Guest retro

Guest mitchellP

fdave,

I think max's first comment of -

"All hail Dave, and cheers to Muff for showing it can work on SPV and thus motivating me to have a go myself!

"

that he made on the first page - sums it up. :)

Your work is bloody brilliant, and I truly beleive that max is not trying to take your credit.

Just a slight misunderstanding from a new guy :lol:

Guest maxh2003

I think nedge is right, it was probably a genuine error by markjtaylor (d'you see what you've done, mark?!?!?! d'you SEE?!? careless typing costs lives!!!! :-D )

Anyway, the PicoDrive for Smartphone download currently includes two readmes; a simple one I put together claiming credit for the port, plus a copy of your own PicoDrive.txt (albeit probably a slightly elderly one) explaining that this is "Dave's Megadrive emulator for Pocket PC".

I guess it could be clearer, though, so lest there be any confusion, I'll expand the "PicoDrive for Smartphone" readme for the next version so that it's perfectly clear where 99% of the credit is due and where the other 1% goes! After all, now that there are adverts on finalburn.com you'll be wanting as much web traffic - and as many advert clicks - as possible. At least the ads might cover the hosting costs.

Mr. "I Delete Dave's Bug Reports"
midnight is a good guy really, dave, I promise :-)

The big problem we have on Smartphone is not enough devices sold = not enough investment in development = lack of (quality) software. Midnight is one of a select group of people who's actually redressed the balance; I'd like to think that your emulator has done the same, with just a little well-timed assistance from myself...

Your [Dave's] work is bloody brilliant

I second that :-D

Guest sadistsly

im afraid i cant tell you what RPGs they are as the RPG names will be deleted im afraid, what is happening is when i enter a string value that should be saved ie. Char Name the game crashs. I can however send a link to a page that has the games in question for sale in a list wich about half of the list has problems, and generally most games made by KOIE have this problem.

http://www.themoontemple.com/web/beyond.oa...item5.11062.php

list of games for sale from Ebay, NOT DOWNLOADABLE!

Oh also if i change the registry key for FPS to anything below 30 will that work or is the Emu designed to accept value no less than 30 ?

Guest maxh2003
if i change the registry key for FPS to anything below 30 will that work or is the Emu designed to accept value no less than 30 ?

LOL, it should work OK though as soon as you change it, it'll be back to the usual 60/50/40/30 options... but why would you want to run it slower than 30Hz? (if that question can be answered without reference to ROMs! :-D )

Guest markjtaylor

Dave, Apologies, I had no intention of stripping you from your credit, I was just mis-informed as to who had worked on what.

Importantly I was praising the emulator, so thank YOU for your hard work, it is definately appreciated.

Sorry if I rocked the boat for a bit. But c'mon waves make for an interesting ride :D

Guest maxh2003
Dave, Apologies...

Spoken like a gentleman, markjtaylor :-)

Rocking boats - it might be a more interesting ride, but it also tends to make people throw up, or fall out of the boat...! :-D :-D :-D

Guest cboonh

Have a qns.How do we hear the sound of the game? Pardon me for being ignorant. :oops:

I'm running the game on a xphone and it doesn's seems to have sound. :?

Guest unclelimey

just a quick question max.. is it possible to save the frame rate for each individual game?

thanks in advance

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest fdave2
Anyway, the PicoDrive for Smartphone download currently includes two readmes; a simple one I put together claiming credit for the port, plus a copy of your own PicoDrive.txt (albeit probably a slightly elderly one) explaining that this is "Dave's Megadrive emulator for Pocket PC". 

It alright mate, wasn't getting at you, was just a bit perplexed!

Guest maxh2003
just a bit perplexed
I'm not surprised given the state of the thread; at twenty-five pages and counting, "perplexed" should be the thread title :-)

is it possible to save the frame rate for each individual game?

Not yet, although I guess you already worked that out...! I'll have a bit of a think about how best to do it. The orientation, keys and so on are stored in the Windows Registry but I don't want to push lots of different frame rates for lots of different ROMs in there, it can only do bad things (cf. Hard Reset). I suppose they could go in a .ini file but that would require a bit more coding. I'll see what I can do :-)

So the to-do list for the Smartphone port is (in no particular order):

1) Save frame rates (in a .INI file?) per-ROM

2) Allow 20Hz and 10Hz as well as 60/50/40/30

3) Simple FAQ (why is there no sound, why doesn't work, etc...) - should cut down on repeated posts in this thread

4) Multiple saves per ROM (but what does the interface look like?)

Guest muzzio_giovanni

Hi guys i download the last versoin (06/06) and ...GREAT...but anything for audio rigth? isn't possible play and have the original audio?

Guest quacka

anyone who has mpx200 having problem assigning the A key? It doesn't work for me no matter where I assign it to.

Another thing is the backlight option don't seem to work iin mpx200. I leave it iddle for about 5 sec the backlight still tunrs off

Guest woweezowee
anyone who has mpx200 having problem assigning the A key? It doesn't work for me no matter where I assign it to.

Yeah I'm having the same problem on my mpx200. Can't get A to work. And I badly need to go camping in the game I'm playing.

Guest maxh2003
Can't get A to work

Nooo!

F***ing MPX200s!!!! :D :wink:

OK, can someone who's experiencing a problem like this, use PHM Registry Editor to find out what the (numeric) value of the following registry key is:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwarePicoDriveKeyA

and ideally a key that's working OK as well, for instance KeyB (if indeed that *is* working)

(I'm assuming you've tried resetting the keys using the Key Settings app, btw :-) )

btw the backlight code is based on a well-known registry hack that I don't think works for MPX200s - since I don't have an MPX200 I can't test it myself. Does anyone know of a code snippet that does the same for MPX200s? Anyone know if Betaplayer keeps the backlight on successfully on MPX200?

Guest unclelimey

is anyone else having problems with the 'e200 storage card turning itself off' and it affecting the picodrive? i just got an insurance replacement phone today and it has that e200 software update, the stupid one which makes it all blurry and makes the SD card not appear after a few mins of inactivity.. anyway, i have all my roms on my SD card and after several minutes of playing, the emulator crashes and when i try to reload it it hangs and i have to pull the battery.. is this related to the storage card issue with the update? i didnt have any problems with my old e200... it didnt have the update and worked fine

can anyone help?

thanks in advance

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest woweezowee
OK, can someone who's experiencing a problem like this, use PHM Registry Editor to find out what the (numeric) value of the  following registry key is:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwarePicoDriveKeyA

A - > 13 Not Working

B - > 48 Working

C - > 120 Working

Guest maxh2003
A - > 13 Not Working 

B - > 48 Working 

C - > 120 Working

Thx wowee...

13 means that A is set to be the action button (which is to say, clicking the joystick in)...?

Does "A" work if you set it to a different key?

question>

Guest maxh2003
'e200 storage card turning itself off'

I think I've seen what you mean on my own phone (same ROM) tbh. On occasion, and for no apparant reason, I get thrown back to the Home Screen. My phone also locks itself at the same time!

Next time it does it, try using X-bar to see if PicoDrive is running. If it is, try activating it...?

Do you have the phone lock (PIN number lock) turned on?

Does it work OK if you put it (and a ROM) on the internal storage? :D

Guest dnavarro77

That e200 storage card inactivity problem I have read about on several forums. I heard somewhere that it can be fixed by formating your SD card with a program like Smart Explorer. U might want to give that try. Thx,

D

Guest kr00t0n

my mpx is giving me the same problem with my buttons.

I need 'a' to get into my party setup menu, makes the game pretty impossible if I cant :D