Megadrive Emulator READ 1st POST

Guest retro

Guest woweezowee

13 means that A is set to be the action button (which is to say, clicking the joystick in)...?

quote]

Yeah I've mapped it to a number of different buttons, with no luck on any of them.

Guest muzzio_giovanni

max listen to me :

i've got a mpx200 and you know this :wink: but i haven't got any problem with the A,B,C key every1 work in a wonderfull and i've got the last update ( 06/06 ) now i've got also betaplayer 0.03 vers. ( the last one ) and there i haven't problem whit backligth it stay always on

Guest woweezowee
max listen to me :

i've got a mpx200 and you know this  :wink:  but i haven't got any problem with the A,B,C key every1 work

What key have you mapped A to?

Guest d0ubl3-dizz3l

I'm getting the same problems as woweezowee...

I'm mapped the "A" to almost every key, and in the games I've tried 'em in so far, none get an input when I hit the "A" button.

Oh, and of course, I have the MPx200.

Guest muzzio_giovanni

so guys :

1) orientation screen (1)

2) my key are : A=2,B=5,C=8

and that's all try in this way, i repeat i haven't got any kind of problem

Guest woweezowee
so guys :

2) my key are : A=2,B=5,C=8  

Tried that but still no love with the A button.

I will just add my 2p on how wonderful this emulator is, great job by all involved.

Guest maxh2003

Hi guys

For anyone having problems with their 'A' key, can you try the debug version on my website. Start a game up, check 'A' isn't working, then go into the menu and press '2'. A 'debug.txt' file will be created in the root of your phone; open it in a text editor on your PC or phone and post the contents here. The file will automatically be deleted when you next restart your phone.

The idea is that we already checked the registry is set OK, so now we test whether the main PicoDrive exe is picking up the registry settings correctly or not... :shock:

Guest biledemon

The "a" button works fine on my mpx200, i have it configured the following way:

screen sideways (default), and keys set up as follows

game / phonekey

up / right

down / left

left / down

right / up

a / 0

b / #

c / 9

start / 1

loadscreen / 4

screengrab / 7

i have no problems with backlight during games with the picodrive either.

hope the above helps someone

cheers!

Guest unclelimey

max.. is there anyway to fix the picodrive so that it reads from the SD card constantly .. to fix the SD problem with the updated e200's?

im guessing that once a rom is loaded up, that it doesnt read from the card anymore (not until you load up a new rom or make a save) which is why after a bit the emu crashes...

i have been playing games 'built' for smartphone and the SD card issue doesnt affect them.. which makes me think they are constantly reading from the SD card.. is this the way to go with picodrive?

thanks in advance

Guest woweezowee

Hey Max,

I tried the debug version but it's not creating a debug.txt file in the root or anywhere else.

I'm running Picodrive from the sd card.

For any one that has it working can you compare the following.

My mpx200 is an orange version with the following rom updates:

Operator: 1.0.22.64

Manufacturer: 1.0.22.64

Microsoft: 3.0.13258.0

Having just exhaustively read through this thread, i completely agree with the opinion that we should be able to discuss roms and bugreports, but in the right context; without such information it is very hard to develop an emulator - without this information exchange our C64 emulator would never see the light of day. Bug reports are essential, and yes, i have SPVman on my phone, so sue me lol...

Actually, why hasnt midnight erased all sign of the term SPVman ?, as stated its al illgal port, its on midnights site too which seem to me a bit 2 faced, sorry midnight... If its a case of gamename (delete), romname(delete), bugreport (delete), then why not at least remove it from your site. Im sure you realise what it looks like when you enforce and advocate a rule here then openly break same rule on your own site; leaning on the "ill remove it if im asked becasue its my site and i make the rules" just doesnt wash - if you cant uphold the same values on a site so frequently linked to from here, youre link by definition shouldnt be allowed - right - illegal port .... ? - and this is just ONE example of a rule working against ModaCo staff, ive found many more during my many reading sessions here. Indevidual censoring is at the discression, true, but it breeds frustration, blanket censorship would be far more effective. And, it would look nice if modaco staff ran their sites with the same advocated statements ive read here.

The iniability to talk about games and titles is going to make our "fully legal" emulator, hard to discuss here, if not impossible.

It goes like this:

What games run on it ?

- Im not allowed to tell you.

Where can I download titles for it ?

Any games with performance issues ?

Ok, fine, we have a site, but this whole rom nameculling is completely wrong, and for the record, the development of an emulation will ALWAYS encourge people to seek out rom images - so merely allowing discussions on emulator development is feeding the need to seek warez.

So much for rules that work. Sorry fellas i had to get that out....

If you cant even link to sites that host discussions or links, i wonder if this is the right place anymore for smartphone gaming issues. Perhaps this forum would be better served by commercial software, freeware (non-ports) and legal applications only.

And thats from the developers point of view, draw from it what you will, this thread is awful to read, so many disgruntled people who just want to play the games, not wade and trawl through endless rom-sites closing a million popups that ask you to vote for their sites popularity, ro click on a womans private bits to recieve a special newletter; i would view that as doing more harm than good in the long run, plus it makes for frustrated users, (not to mention spyware and virus spreading) as this post has clearly shown.

If a line MUST be drawn, it should be drawn against the development of emulators or any discussion of them, that would stop any need to mention game or rom names, and through that remove the need for midnight to read every thread in case a game is mentioned in it.

If youre going to enforce a rule, may as well do it properly.

Guest midnight

Talk about the emulator is allowed as long as no specific games are mentioned.

I suggest one of the emulator creators create their own site for discussion of individual roms and have a list of working/not working roms.

Off topic..... (he says referring to a deleted post and comment by midnight) i think my comments are very relevant and very much ON topic, related directly to this thread and the software on it. You just dont like what i have to say . Well, its for others to judge, ive had a point and been silenced.

Garage: there you are sir, your brand new £50 grand car.

buyer: AWESOME, now .... where do i fill up ?

Garage: sir ?

buyer: Fill up, ya know, petrol ? what the car runs on ?

Garage: oh thaaaaaat, there hasnt been any petrol around here for years.

buyer: soo, err, how do i run my car....

Garage: thats your problem sir.... you should have checked before you bought it

buyer: ok, so how far to the nearest garage...

Garage: the owner wont let me tell you

buyer: WHAT!! ok just point me in the direction....

Garage: Cant do that either.... sir...

buyer: so what was the point buying a car ?

Garage: there was none sir....

buyer: oh ....

Garage: BUT... you ARE the proud owner of a fully working £50 grand CAR !! :D

*Cough*

"Talk about the emulator is allowed as long as no specific games are mentioned"

- you forgot to add game characters too.... may as well be VERY CLEAR for future posts ay ?

Guest midnight

i've already answered this. i suggest the authors of the emultor in question create a site/forum to deal with specific rom questions.

by saying a game featuring character X then you are talking about a specific rom, this is not allowed.

thank you herr midnight von strop, ill keep well away from games and characters here, apps only. I look forward to using more reasonable forums setup by these emulator devs.

Guest awarner [MVP]

Insulting any member of the site is against site rules which I advise you to read before you post again.

As for SPVman muff actually wrote the game from scratch and only after the initial completion were the in-game cut scenes added.

As he said himself it was chance the IA was similar to the original.

Its a blatant rip awarner.... im well aware of the forum rules thank you and i wouldnt have carried it further if i haddent been so rudely asked to shut up in the first place..... hello...... free speech anyone ?

One rule for you and one rule for me doesnt work well in my book, and the more i pointed things out, the more IQ's dropped, then when posts and edits started - i realised that whatever staff here says is gospel, so whats the point of debate, whatever is said - goes ... illegal or otherwise. Ill be quite happy to bring our emulator (when finished to these forums) but when asked any questions regarding digital image files for it, all i simply say is "modaco staff dont want me to tell you" which kind of takes the whole point out of bringing it up, i may as well just run a advert in my sig and not respond to questions outside "how much is it" - here at least.

Theres rules, and rules, and imho, you guys take it WAY too far .. censoring game character names .. thats beyond petty and completely over the top .... but then thats just MY opinion, and as ive learned today, my opinion isnt worth s*** around here. NOW, put the same character on a homescreen, and thats ok.... even if youre breaking iconic trademarks.

So like i said, no problem following the rules, just dont be completely defaceless pratts by breaking the same rules yourselves, or should i say .... bending them. Awarner, from what i read, you hate people selling SPV cd's on ebay, well .. like ... where do you think they turn for £3 when they get turned away here ? Back to what i said about common sense right ?

As you can see, ive done a lot of reading here, and all i see is a bunch of self-richeous hapless forum staff trying to defend one point of view then mindlessly breaking the same rule in a different context elsewhere in a different thread. Data is Data, copyright is copyright, trademark is trademark, if youre gonna break it, BREAK IT, if youre not, youre not - but dont split it both ways - it looks SO DUMB!

Guest agent.m

plog after reading what u hav what u hav to say i can understand u being pissed. but dont blame midnight.it wasn't like this a month ago. like i said before there are people who will badword it up for all of us. if u release this emulator i'll bet someone will be bugging u for roms etc. im not happy with the situation with roms but thats the way it goes. the problem is it may get worse. can see it coming.attack on the knoobs lets make modaco fun again. Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest unclelimey

hey, my 'yawn' post was removed... why?

i was yawning cause im bored of the whole naming roms issue

whats wrong with yawning?????????

Guest midnight

i just removed all posts after mine for today as all where pretty much irrelevant, plog said his bit in the first post and i replied, thats the end of that.

(or at least it should have been, i now see saditsly is getting in on the act, look guys, if you wanna talk about roms start your own emulator forum, how hard can it be?)

Actually ive already been bugged for c64 roms, and the only ones i part with are freeware and legal ones released by the software companies and the existing copyright holders for general use..

Midnight, re your comment, its easy to start a forum yes, but if modaco wont allow the link to point to it for reasons you have now deleted, *sigh*, and all the smartphone people are like ... here and on howardforums.... then, how ya gonna get ppl to use it :lol: --- they come here :D their next stop is ebay, which incidently was my last stop for some cd's for SPV, and theres some crackin stuff on them too :D - al lot thats here, and a lot thats not ... no linky to the ebay though, thats easy for peeps to search on their own, its not hard to find.

@Midnight, i dont blame you for the policies you have to enforce, nothing im saying is on a personal level, but i do feel strongly about the temptations and infringements this board poses while openly declaring it a not-happenin thing. As it happens i HAVE found a board thats willing to allow me to use their ftp (for legal purposes only of course) and will allow people to chat about roms, ill only post the link if you say im allow to though - ok .... its not a specialzed smartphone forum, its a more generalised retro trype thing, but itll do nicely.