BETA PLAYER, new player, BEST Player

Guest xavierjohn22

Guest picard_beta

ok sorry i misunderstood. is a the video paused and resumed from there or small parts are missed? first case is when the buffer underruns, the second is when the cpu can't decode fast enough the movie and frames have to be dropped.

but general advice is to try tweaking the encoding settings.

Guest chuyennk

Great player! It seemed the option 'No backlight keepalive' have no effect. The backlight always stay on no matter it is checked or not. I'm using it on xphone(E200), just want to listen to music with backlight off. Hope the song's title will be display on screen in next version. Thanks for ur great works

Guest picard_beta
It seemed the option 'No backlight keepalive' have no effect. The backlight always stay on no matter it is checked or not. I'm using it on xphone(E200), just want to listen to music with backlight off.

what backlight timeout is set in your phone settings? what happens when you stop the song in betaplayer does the backlight turn off after that time? the normal backlight keepalive function in BetaPlayer is definitly not used when you play audio only files (or check the 'No backlight keepalive' function). although the power keepalive function is still called (so PDAs don't turn off). maybe this has the effect of continous backlight on your phone. strange

Guest chuyennk
what backlight timeout is set in your phone settings? what happens when you stop the song in betaplayer does the backlight turn off after that time

Yes, 15s is my settings. the backlight did turn off at that time if I stop the song (dont need to exit betaplayer). Thanks for very quick reply

Guest greenwood

Really great piece of software! I can play 192Kbits MP3s in the background without any glitches and my phone (QTek 7070) is still "useable". But there is one problem. After few songs my phone hangs. Betaplayer keeps playing the playlist (it even starts from the first song if it finishes last song) but the phone stops reacting and I have to take out the battery to bring it to life.

Guest picard_beta

i'll try to find a solution for backlight with audio only.

btw what does the power button do on a smartphone? can a smartphone be turned off (suspend mode) as pocketpc? is there a timeout for that? i only see backlight, display and home screen timeouts in SP2003 emulator. which timeout is for keyboard locking? home screen?

Guest chuyennk

There's no suspend mode on smartphone. Same as emulator, it only has backlight, display & home screen timeouts that we can set for each profile, no key lock timeout. Btw, how do u call the power keepalive function in smartphone? SystemIdleTimerReset? It has no effect on smartphone, right? And how you keep backlight on? SetPowerRequirement & ReleasePowerRequirement?

Guest dankingdc

Thanks for the update! This is easily my favorite Smartphone app, and if I could use it to play mp3's too, I'd be extremely happy.

a couple things:

1) is there any way to save a playlist?

2) when playing mp3's, is there a way you could display the current mp3 and upcoming mp3's in the main view screen?

Thanks again for all the work.

Guest picard_beta
Btw, how do u call the power keepalive function in smartphone? SystemIdleTimerReset? It has no effect on smartphone, right? And how you keep backlight on? SetPowerRequirement & ReleasePowerRequirement?

no i don't use SetPowerRequirement (i never heard from it before). MSDN sais it's only from wince 4.0.

if any media is played i call SystemIdleTimerReset and SHIdleTimerReset. plus during video playback i set the backlight timeout in registry to a very large number.

the problem is that on some smartphones calling only the two idletimerreset(probably SHIdleTimerReset, but i'am not sure) will disable the backlight timeout too. this is bad for audio only playback. so i will probably call SHIdleTimerReset only if video played.

Guest picard_beta
1) is there any way to save a playlist?

2) when playing mp3's, is there a way you could display the current mp3 and upcoming mp3's in the main view screen?

these two features are currently not yet available, but i'am working on it...

Guest picard_beta

offtopic: i deceided to buy a smartphone. it would definitly help in development. but with this i just made myself a new problem. buy an old model just for development or a new as my primary phone or something in the middle. i checked the new models expected in near future, wow! c500,mpx220,mpx100. but ofcoz i'am not sure when can i get one here in Hungary and how much will they cost...

Guest mavisdavis

i'd just get an e200 for now. by the time your contract does end they'll be loads more to choose from and e200 are so cheap now..Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest schriss

picard_beta: why wait for the phone to arrive in your country, buy on eBay from x1387 - he has all latest stuff, I bought two smartphones from him, no problems :D 11032 items sold, Positive Feedback: 98.9%

His store is here:

http://stores.ebay.com/id=41533690&ssPageName=L2

Consider also Motorola MPX, should be available in December :D

http://www.lordpercy.com/motorola_MPX_smartphone.htm

http://www.infosyncworld.com/hardware/comm...s/specs/36.html

motorola_mpx_00.jpg

Motorola_MPx300_L.jpg

Motorola_MPx300_3_L.jpg

Guest picard_beta

thanks. i'll check it out. mpx300 is not a smartphone, "just" pocketpc phone edition (from the picture)

but i shouldn't have bought this up in this thread. sorry. i'll go the right forum section with my questions..

Guest schriss

Just a quick note about MPx, if you missed that:

"the shell can open on a unique hinge design either in traditional clamshell way or as a hinged book style which is easier to use for smartphone operations." :D

Guest Pondrew

Back on topic: can anyone tell me when the last update to Beta Player was? I'm at work and most sites including the Beta Player site are filtered :shock:

Guest schriss

Yep, the best player there is. The fastest, and the number of features is constantly growing :D

By the way, what does "Slow Video Memory" do? I can't notice any difference between enabled-disabled...