BETA PLAYER, new player, BEST Player

Guest xavierjohn22

Guest schriss

I've read on the forum, that there is an overclock util for non XScale devices too, might help if it can't deal with high bitrate videos...

Guest picard_beta

schriss: what benchmark do you get for RL_SQB with and without overclock on the mio8390? (with "unstable" version if possible)

Guest schriss

On Mitac Mio8390 clocked at 300MHz I get:

default settings (Slow Video Memory ON, Prefer Lookup Tables OFF) = 181%

Slow Video Memory ON, Prefer Lookup Tables ON = 181%

Slow Video Memory OFF, Prefer Lookup Tables OFF = 150%

Slow Video Memory OFF, Prefer Lookup Tables ON = 151.30%

When clocked at default 200MHz, I get:

Slow Video Memory ON, Prefer Lookup Tables OFF = 168.66%

Slow Video Memory ON, Prefer Lookup Tables ON = 167.95%

Slow Video Memory OFF, Prefer Lookup Tables OFF = 137.73%

BetaPlayer.png

Guest serialkillazzs

version 0.4 has a bug with spve200 volume keys. have set up hotkeys 4 new version to play vids and mp3s, but when u exit and try to turn ur volume up on the e200 the volume screen doesnt come up, picard have a look

Guest picard_beta

restoring volume keys: same for me (MPx200), there is a similar problem with 'record' button on pocketpc. i couldn't find a solution yet :P

Guest SMYKUL

This app is bloody excellent !!! i love it, it does everything *works on 2002 OS for those of you who didnt know*. I have been waiting for an app like this for ever :P !!!! thanks mate :wink: no more huge mpeg files for this modaco surfer! LOL

i got a bug, i was playin music (great quality btw) an i switched the backlight off, when i closed and reopened the app the backlight got stuck on, i tried switching it on and back off (opened settings, unticked, closed settings, reticked) but that didnt work, it went back to normal after i closed the app tho. Dont worry, i have been waiting for an app like this one for too long to be bothered if u cnt fix it for a while, im just telling you so u are aware. i have a 2002 OS btw, just incase it is just me.

Guest picard_beta
This app is bloody excellent !!! i love it, it does everything *works on 2002 OS for those of you who didnt know*. I have been waiting for an app like this for ever  :P !!!! thanks mate :wink: no more huge mpeg files for this modaco surfer! LOL

could you run the benchmark on your SPV1 smartphone (just with default settings)?

if possible with this latest BetaPlayer version:

http://beta.topcat.hu/unstable/betaplayer....STABLE.0721.exe

with this movie:

http://beta.topcat.hu/samples/RL_SQB_160x2...x216_192_56.avi

thanks

from another user i got 84% for SPV1

Guest SMYKUL

I'm getting them now

-->Ok, here it is (first glance);

The video is very laggy on all defaults. i turned the sound qual to low and switched it to mono and it was a bit better. but with the sound disabled,

what can i say, if i had been watching this thing going down from a chopper i would have been surprised at the quality of the image :P lol, this thing is PERFECT :!: . just seems to be the sound that is giving me the problem, that might just be because of the slower processor in the SPV1 though, i suppose. (p.s. when i say that i am having a problem with the sound, i mean that the sound is fine but it makes the video very laggy, if you see what i mean). Hope this helps, PM me if u want me to test later versions, this is one i am going to be looking forward too ! :wink:

-->doing benchmark now,

ok, got average speed of 84.68% (with all defaults), if you need any other details let me know, i saved the results.

Guest picard_beta
ok, got average speed of 84.68% (with all defaults), if you need any other details let me know, i saved the results.

thanks. default settints are enough.

less then 100% means it's too much for the phone. it doesn't mean audio speed problem, just that for your own movies you have to choose lower encoding settings.

Guest schriss

I wonder what difference there is between these codecs: DivX5.2, Xvid, 3ivx (given that you use same bitrate and same part of a movie)

Guest Pondrew

Hey, been away for a while and just run your benchmark for the first time.

Just in case you interested my SPV E200 achieved Average Speed 120.75%

Guest picard_beta
Just in case you interested my SPV E200 achieved Average Speed 120.75%

thanks. was this with the unstable.0721 or older official 0.04?

what cpu speed is shown in the settings dialog first page (only in unstable version)? does the OMAP CPU in E200 run on 133Mhz or 120Mhz?

Guest schriss

Disabling audio helps BIG.

When I set audio to Disabled, RL_SQB file, Slow Video Memory ON, Prefer Lookup Tables OFF, on Mitac Mio8390 clocked at 300MHz I get: 248%

With audio enabled I get 181%. This is huge difference. Looks like audio processing takes A LOT of CPU power... Maybe BetaPlayer could be tweaked a little? :P

Guys 120MHz phones like SPV, could you try to set audio to disabled and see how big will be the improvement?

Guest SMYKUL

what the hell, on the "general" settings screen it reports that my phone is running 57MHz but i was told by orange it was running 132MHz, does that mean the processor for the phone bits (incoming calls and signals etc.) is faster than the one for the actual OS ??? surely that doesn't make sense. Anyway, with all defaults (slow video mem off, prefer lookup tables on) but with sound disabled on the matrix clip in picards post yesterday i get 128.85% on SPV1.

Guest schriss

128.85% is very good score for SPV1, right? What score did you get with audio enabled, around 85%?

And doesn't "slow video mem" set to ON bring any improvements for you?

Guest picard_beta
what the hell, on the "general" settings screen it reports that my phone is running 57MHz

that's just mean my cpu clock speed meter is bogus :P did anything run in background when you entered settings dialog? try checking more times (entering settings dialog)

Guest Bookers
Disabling audio helps BIG.

When I set audio to Disabled, RL_SQB file, Slow Video Memory ON, Prefer Lookup Tables OFF, on Mitac Mio8390 clocked at 300MHz I get: 248%

With audio enabled I get 181%. This is huge difference. Looks like audio processing takes A LOT of CPU power... Maybe BetaPlayer could be tweaked a little?  :P  

Guys 120MHz phones like SPV, could you try to set audio to disabled and see how big will be the improvement?

Disabling the audio sure helped big time. I could play a 29.970fps source with 0dropped frames. However with audio enabled it isnt the same anymore. :oops:

Guest dnavarro77

Here are my results with the Samsung i600 w/ WM2003. All is enabled default (audio is on), just slow memory checked. I wish I could use Smartphone turbo for my phone, the i600 is application locked :P. I can't imagine the results I would get!

BetaPlayer Version UNSTABLE.0721 Benchmark Results

Average Speed 187.98%

Video Frames 3635

Audio Samples 3335616

Amount of Data 4657 KBytes

Bench. Time 1:20.564

Bench. Frame Rate 45.12

Bench. Sample Rate 41403

Bench. Data Rate 474 kbit/s

Original Time 2:31.448

Original Frame Rate 24.00

Original Sample Rate 22050

Original Data Rate 252 kbit/s

URL Storage CardRL_SQB_160x216_192_56.avi

Size 4886528

Platform SmartPhone

OS Version 4.20

OEM Info SAMSUNG SCH-i600

Speed 200 Mhz

Video output GAPI 176x220 Slow

Audio output Wave Output 22050Hz 16Bits 2Ch.

---------------------------------------

checksum of this file: ad8115bc5973aa11

Guest Pondrew

thanks. was this with the unstable.0721 or older official 0.04?

what cpu speed is shown in the settings dialog first page (only in unstable version)? does the OMAP CPU in E200 run on 133Mhz or 120Mhz?

It was the unstable.0721. Will have to recheck the mhz tonight once I finish work...

Guest SMYKUL

closed all programs and ran oxios hibernate a few times but it still reports 57MHz, oh well.

Benchmarking with same settings as before except for with slow memory enabled got me an average speed of 81.86%, lol, was that supposed to improve performance (note that this was with audio disabled).

i just retested with the original settings and got a average of 81% so im just checking the settings. think my phone might have been performing a miracle before.

it was when i was using the GDI drivers that i got the huge improvement, although the video quality is unchanged. i just retested with slow mem disabled and got an average of 111.36%. with slow mem enabled i got 113.49%.

Guest picard_beta

that is very strange. gdi should be slower (at least on devices that i'am tested on and all spb benchmark results for pocketpc show slower gdi).

slow video memory option doesn't do anything in gdi, and in gapi it's not always faster it depends if you really have slow video memory or not (betaplayer setup tries to benchmark it).