BETA PLAYER, new player, BEST Player

Guest xavierjohn22

i cant seem to download this app, the links seem to be dead, can anyone upload this somewhere or provide a link??

thanks

Edit: site is working fine now, great app ! works very well.

does anyone have a virtual dub preset for making avi's specifically for the e200, all my old spv vids look abit grainy on this improved screen, im sure the e200 can handle higher bitrate files, anyone want to post their setings?

help .... i can't download the beta player unstable .... anybody can post out please............................

Which file can't you download ?

Have you tried downloading the zip file instead ?

Guest lukeap69

picard beta,

i noticed that the backlight now is turning off as preset in the profiles unlike in the previos version that i've used, the backlight is always on. is my observation correct or i just missed to activate some setting.

thanks.

lukeap

Guest picard_beta

lukeap: you mean the backlight turns off with video playback? that's a problem. there is an option for disabling backlight managment (on the advanced settings page) but this is turned off by default. what version was the last that worked for you? i got another backlight problem report, but i couldn't find the problem yet. what device do you have?

Picard

I noticed the backlight problem too :)

If I boot up the phone and go straight to Betaplayer the backlight works fine (stays on) but if I then go use other applications like Internet explorer and go back to Betaplayer at a later time the backlight goes out :?

I tried using quickclose to close all background apps but it made no difference to the Betaplayer backlight problem.

Only way to fix it was to turn the phone off and on and load Betaplayer again.

BTW I was using an original SPV.

Guest lukeap69

@picard,

the previous version i had was 0.04. i know that option in the setting and played with it trying to fix the backlight problem. well, it didn't fix it. my assumption is that the backlight turning off time follows the default of the phone. i have a SAP which is i think equivalent to E100 (tanager). SP2002.

:lol: I have also had a few problems (C500). some times when i am going through the menus of betaplayer the screen will just turn off for no reason and when i bound a key to screen on/off and pressed it my phone crashed. Keep up the good work though, i encoded 50 first dates the other day, it was perfect and only took up 65/66 mb on my card !!! :)

I have a problem with the settings/player page

i dont seem to be able to delete numbers using the back key entered in any of the text boxes, when i press back to try and delete numbers i just get the loud clunk noise.

so at the moment i have fast forward speed at 16200% with no way to change it without a clean install

any ideas?

sorry if this has been discussed i have been through most of the thread

thanks

hello, just installed the beta player but my video is choppy is there any way to solve this problem, what can i do. ive tried clips but all are choppy the audio is on track though. thank for the help

a

Apologies if this has been mentioned before but I have done a search and found nothing.

How do I install betaplayer (unstable or stable) on a C500

I have tried the installer and the betaplayer.ARM_CE3.CAB and betaplayer.ARM720_CE3.CAB both produce the same error on my phone.

"Installation failed. The program or setting cannot be installed because it is not digitally signed with a trusted certificate."

Can anyone help me with this?

Yep, try downloading the smartphone exe file instead and running the file from your PC.

The cabs with CE are for pocket PC. If you want to install using a cab then you need the cab file that has SP :wink:

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry if this has already been asked :oops:

I used PocketDivx to encode some video for my c500 and the vids play ok but if i pause it for longer than say 10secs or so and then press play the picture freezes (sp?) and the audio is out of sync.

Guest martin
I used PocketDivx to encode some video for my c500 and the vids play ok but if i pause it for longer than say 10secs or so and then press play the picture freezes (sp?) and the audio is out of sync.

You might need to set the video driver to GDI in Options-Video. The C500 has some problems with the GAPI driver :)

Guest lewis.curley

JUst to let you know with v 0.092 on an SPV Classic i get the problem with the backlight turning off with both movies or music no matter what settings i use. I hope their will be a fix for this soon as its really annoying having to keep pressing a button to turn the backlight back on when watching films

thanks and keep up the good work

Guest picard_beta
JUst to let you know with v 0.092 on an SPV Classic i get the problem with the backlight turning off with both movies or music no matter what settings i use.

how did the previous unstable versions work? i got reports of backlight turning off with older version too on SPV classic.

Guest lukeap69

@picard beta,

the issue here is the same as version 0.091. if you use the PIE, then the backlight problem occurs. otherwise, the backlight is functioning normally.

lukeap

Guest ustguitarista

i experienced that problem also picard. with version .091 and .092, sometimes the backlight turns off. i just had to restart my phone again. i hope that could be fixed. this is the best video player for smartphone to me ^_^

Hi ppl in new here, someone can help me to install this program in my mpx200? i had tryed hard but at this moment, nothing lol.

Yep just go to http://betaplayer.corecodec.org/download.html

Click either 'latest stable' or 'latest unstable'. These send you to the same screen but will highlight the opted files .

For whichever betaplayer version you want, download the EXE file that starts betaplayer.smartphone and save it to the PC. Then run the EXE file from the PC (with the smartphone attached to the USB).

Hope it helps ^_^