Dooooooooom...with Music now!![v1.0b]

Guest roozbeh

Guest elhornet

Well it seems to scroll about a hundred lines of text in a second then disappear :D

I'll see if it creates a log of what it is and post it here..

Guest akarno
hi there.....

i want to make some improvments on this project again.....

but as i wasnt here for some times i lost what happened.....

can anybody tell what things are still missing.....bugs......

Roozbeh,

I have been playing ultimate doom with doomce2 (I had problems with doomce2b) every day for the last few weeks and have had no problems or bugs. Maybe I will have problems with doom2 when I get round to it.

I am interested that Legacy Doom supports Heretic. If I ever find my Heretic CD I may give it a try.

I might also have another go with doomce2b. I only tried it once, replacing the other exe but it crashed straight out (on original SPV). If I am still having problems I will look at the debug and report back to you if necessary.

To be honest. If Doom 2 works ok, I think this is just about finished, unless you can get more speed.

Guest roozbeh

tnx...i am waiting for your research :D

but i think doom speed is currently good...i really optimized it.....and for sure disabling sound will give you some more speed...

also note that most of bugs are related to sound...so whenever you encounter something strange simply try to disable sound and try that thing again

Guest akarno

Roozbeh,

What I have tried so far is your Legacy Doom. I cannot get this to work at all. I tried with the Heretic shareware and full Doom WAD and get the same result. It starts up, shows W_Init: Int WADfiles for a while, then completes that and scrolls up quickly and drops back to main menu before I can see anything else.

There does not seem to be a debug file anywhere. Where should it be?

UPDATE

I have got version 2b working now, but I cannot switch off sound. I have tried editing the shortcut so that it is now:

36#"Storage CardDoomSPVmydoomce.exe" -nosound

but that does not work. Neither does putting -nosound inside the quotes.

Any ideas?

Guest Stomski

I tried editing the shortcut like that too, to no luck either. I think you need to run it using a file manager type app that allows you to specify extensions.

This is why we need me to finish the config app!

Guest seaephpea

i'm trying to get doom to run on my spv, but it just scrolls rappidly through a load of text then exits itself. i've tried clearing memory before hand and restarting my phone before running it but nothings worked.

i am using the files doom.wad, doom2.wad, plutonia.wad and tnt.wad, all of which are in the same directory as the mydoomce executable (is this right?). attached is the debug report.

if someone could help me with this twould be much appreciated, i'm probably just being stupid.

tom

DOOMCE.rar

Guest agent.m

try making sure sound is on. or using original doom.wav or not using doom.wav hope this helps as i sometimes have the same problem. cant reply now as off on holiday in ten mins :wink:

Guest bub325

Hello, I have a problem with mydoomce2b, I exit to homescreen during load of new level (I test with doom1.wad and doom2.wad).

doomce.dbg:

Windows CE Doom - Debug File

DoomCE - Win32/Windows95/WindowsNT/WindowsCE Doom

using GAPI

Calling D_DoomMain to setup the program...

DOOM 2: Hell on Earth v1.9

V_Init: allocate screens.

M_LoadDefaults: Load system defaults.

Z_Init: Init zone memory allocation daemon.

W_Init: Init WADfiles.

===========================================================================

Commercial product - do not distribute!

Please report software piracy to the SPA: 1-800-388-PIR8

Smartphone Doom Port :

v1.1b

Roozbeh GHolizadeh

==================================================

M_Init: Init miscellaneous info.

R_Init: Init DOOM refresh daemon -

R_InitData

InitTextures

[ ].......InitFlats

InitSprites

......................InitColormaps

R_InitPointToAngle

R_InitTables

R_SetViewSize

R_InitPlanes

R_InitLightTables

R_InitSkyMap

R_InitTranslationsTables

P_Init: Init Playloop state.

I_Init: Setting up machine state.

D_CheckNetGame: Checking network game status.

I_InitSound: configured audio device with %d samples/slice

I_InitSound: (%d sfx) pre-cached all sound data

I_InitSound: sound module ready

I_InitMusic: music initialized

S_Init: Setting up sound.

HU_Init: Setting up heads up display.

ST_Init: Init status bar.

Setup complete...

Couldn't load doom.wav Couldn't load doom.ogg

PS: With doom.ogg the problem exist too.

Thanks and Very good job !!!

Guest johncody

I have a i600 and it scrolls the gray screen, then exits - too fast to see anything, but I saw your post about the debug file, so here it is:

Windows CE Doom - Debug File

DoomCE - Win32/Windows95/WindowsNT/WindowsCE Doom

using GAPI

Calling D_DoomMain to setup the program...

Public DOOM - v1.9

V_Init: allocate screens.

M_LoadDefaults: Load system defaults.

Z_Init: Init zone memory allocation daemon.

W_Init: Init WADfiles.

W_InitFiles: no files found===========================================================================

Shareware!

Roozbeh GHolizadeh Doom Port

M_Init: Init miscellaneous info.

R_Init: Init DOOM refresh daemon -

R_InitData

InitTextures

W_GetNumForName: PNAMES

W_GetNumForName: %s not found!

I have the three files (sdl.ddl, mydoomce2.exe,doom1.wad) in the storage carddoom directory. But, it still looks like it can' find any wad files?

Guest bleugh

I have an E200

I just got doom running!

You need to rename the file from mydoomce2 to mydoomce (remove the 2)

I did nothing else, other than this, and it works fine

I have a folder called doom on my card,

with

doom1.wad

sdl.dll

mydoomce.exe

run it from explorer and it works a treat!

Guest johncody

OK,

I have some suggestions and bugs to mention....

1) BUG: On my i600, I am seeing randomly colored pixles at the very top line of pixels on the screen and the very bottom line of pixels on the screen - seems like randomly set color pixles - they don't change color/flash during play - they are just pixles set to a random color when the game starts, and they stay their same colors until the game is exited.

2) BUG: If MyDoomCe looses focus, the whole phone locks up. For example, if my phone is configured to display the home screen after some time of inactivity, if I leave my phone alone for that time (with doom on the screen), then the screen will flash, but stay showing doom, but then I can not do anything, can't play doom or switch to home screen. Being a programmer, I was wondering if there was a way to detect when your doom game looses the focus, then have it switch into some type of standby/low-cpu load mode so that it won't effect/hog the reasources of the cpu/phone when your game has been pushed to the background task. This will also help the problem of the phone becoming locked up if a call comes in while playing the game. Then, resume normall operation when your game receives the focus again.

3) BUG: Setting the sound effects volume in the "Option" section of doom seems to have no effect on the volume of the game effects. Being able to adjust the volume of the game during play is not a big deal because if it is too loud/soft while I am playing it and I need to change it, I could always just press the backspace to access the options screen and by doing this, it places the game in suspend mode, so the game sounds are muted until after I adjust the volume in the options screen and I resume the game.

4) IDEA: Here is my idea for key mapping:

Volume up: Brightness/Gamma Higher

Volume down: Brightness/Gamma Lower

Joypad: Move around

OK/Action on pad: Fire Weapon

Back: Escape to game menu

Soft left: Strafe left

Soft right: Strafe right

1-7: weapons (6= 'No' when being asked y/n)

8 - (to be determined - maybe 'jump')

9 - (to be determined - maybe 'crouch' or 'Yes' when being asked y/n)

0: open doors

*: (to be determined - maybe an alt fire button)

#: toggle "god" mode on/off

Home Key: Suspend game and display phone's homescreen

Rec: Game Map

Send/Call: Switch from portrait, left landscape and right landscape modes

P.S. Always have RUN mode turned so a dedicated key is not needed

P.S.S. Obviously having a keyboard config file would allow user to configure the keys any way they want.

5) IDEA: if more then one WAD file was found in the directory, then popup a dialog list to alow the user to select which wad file they want to play before loading the doom engine.

Guest roozbeh

thanks for your tips...

those color issues are fixed on upcoming version.

i will check out for that losing control bug.i havent noticed that myself.i'll try to fix it in next version.

i dont know if you are right about sound or not but it must have effect,i'll check it too

thanks for key ideas it will help the default key binding and soon there will be a tool for modifing those things.

and i dont like the last idea,i think selecting it from that application is better.

but if other ppl like that i will add the feature.

also i have made some bug tests.

but currently i dont remember what was exact problems in doom2.

i think i fixed some.aybody finished doom2?

Guest stonedbill

ok i am a little confused here

if i put several wad files on do i get the choice of which one to play or does it just pick a random one or crash or what... sorry if this sounds a bit stupid but as my description suggests im still a newbie.

P.S when i play on doom 2, imbetween some levels there is a paragraph of text to read to add to the "storyline", im also guessing you've noticed that the smartphone screens are not as big as those from your average pc!, this makes it hard to make out what it says. Is there any way this could be enlarged so it is readable (maby with a scroll option) or would that take up too much effort

thanks

Guest life02

Has anyone gotten this to work on the storage card with smartphone 2003 on a MPx-200. The new storage card name is mounted volume and the game can never find the .wad file in the same directory. It does however work if installed on the phone but I would really like to free up some space ~5mb.

Thanks,

LIFE02

Guest amoali2

roozbeh

hello(salam)

i want *.wad file where ?

SPAM har ja mygardam wad fileha ro peida nemykonam doom1.wad ya doom2.wad chon error wad file faghat myzaneh mpx200 . baraye khash imate ham bacheha mygan ba polish hamanand laptop in karo mykonand ye sar bya paytakht imate forosha tabageh dovom borj A.

Guest _Drake_

wow i tried the old version first but it was slow (menu's ect)

and had no sound

than i tried the new version and it's soooooooo much better it has sound and it runs realy smooth.

great work!!!! :P

Guest Cybertronic
OK,

I have some suggestions and bugs to mention....

1) BUG: On my i600, I am seeing randomly colored pixles at the very top line of pixels on the screen and the very bottom line of pixels on the screen - seems like randomly set color pixles - they don't change color/flash during play - they are just pixles set to a random color when the game starts, and they stay their same colors until the game is exited.

I also have this problem except it stays there until I turn the SPV E200 off :P

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mordred22

:shock:

I Just got my e200 a week now but i just played one hour :P i think we smartphone owners owe roozbeh big time... i would surely like to see the duke on my spv aswell hehe

Still got this question, how do i exit doom? I keep having to remove my battery.. when i choose exit in menu nothin happens :?:

Guest ultimasnake

Hey roozbeh, the *.wad selection ain't such a bad idea, since i want to keep more then one doom file on my phone (maybe :D) and there are also doom engine mods that are just diffrent wad files which can run on a doom exe file, so a selection won't be that bad :P BUT!!! ofcourse it should have a time out.. something that if within 5 seconds there has not been a selection yet it will automaticly run the first one in the list (or the last one that was used)

good luck btw....

Oh 1 bug i seem to have with ALL ports of every game is that the Camera button is not controlled by the app but always gets the camera application starting i can't think of a way to fix this since i have the same problem with my C# applications :S.... but when that happens you get the "odd the game is on screen but i can't do anything while i see windows flashing between frames" (hehehe) bug

Hallo!

Well, I tried it on my E200 (Doom version: 2B, E200 under Orange's last update.)... almost unbelievable. Smooth and fast...

But... I've got a problem... I'm using Bodenhoff's Doom 1 shareware Wad (I don't know where is mine... ), and after the first level... the victory screen... the "you are here"... I press on the "fire" or "open" ("*" or "#") key to access the second level...

Exiting the game and bringing me back to my home page...

Kind of frustrating, for such an impressive game.

Guest lafester

i am using tnt.wad and i also get sent to the homescreen at the end of level 1.

otherwise it works great! fast, good sound and colors! great job!!!

for other mpx200 users having problems running on sd card:

i set mine up with a file named doom in mounted volume/ program files and put the .exe files and .wad file in there. worked great.

thanks, chris