Dooooooooom...with Music now!![v1.0b]

Guest roozbeh

Guest Demon666
:D  Thanks roozbeh. I Have attached the save file, but it happens even if i don't save, i get to the level stats screen (after the first level), hit # to goto the next level and it just quits in like a millisecond and goes back to the app behind it (usually the start menu) :? . Really not sure why this is happening but i searched for a few hours and found that someone else had had this problem and had fixed it by using the -nosound param. Thanks for the quick response !

Hi

I have the same problem as SMYKUL , im running the same version of doom and its on a c500 .

Hope theres a fix , keep up the good work ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

anyone watching this thread still?

i have an SMT 5600 and 5 seconds into the game regardless if im moving around or standing still, it 'freezes', when playing its built in demo, i can still hear the sounds in teh background, so its running, but the picture is frozen, its almost as if its lost focus and can't get back to it..

any ideas? i really want it to work =

Guest roozbeh

yeh i am watching!

i know this isues but as it happens only on some devices and sometimes on other devices i currently dont have a workaround.

but i have some ideas and i have implemented them in wolf....soon the newer version will be availble....

if you dont have that problem then in wolf it should work for doom too

besides does wolf have the same issues for you?

Guest rbuckingham

It doesn't work on my recently unlocked Audiovox SMT5600 (AT&T)

The text scrolls past and then the app exits. I tried running it both from Storage and Storage Card, from within folders and at the root of the storage too but still no go.

Files mydoomce2.exe, doom1.wad and sdl.dll are all in the same folder.

Anyone get it to work on an unlocked SMT5600 yet?

Guest roozbeh

hmmmm

i dont remember the file named mydoomce2.exe

the latest file name must be mydoomce.exe and also sdl.dll is not required

try downloading again from this thread's first post

roozbeh,

I tried wolf and it was like it would freeze, i'd hit some buttons and i'd regain control.

I was messing a bit with doom, and after it froze while running its own demo (i can still hearthe audio playing, i was messing with buttons and it brought up the doom options screen, and was playing the demo normal in the background, i was all excited until i realized when i pushed buttons it was as if i was on the home screen.

home screen would blink for a moment each time i moved the joy up or down or went to start menu, etc, like doom is running and is on top but it's not in focus/selected, so i couldnt control or exit or play it. i think that has to do with the freezing, its losing focus basically. thats what happened i think with wolf too. SMT 5600 phone

Guest monkeygadge

Roozbeh!

Have you thought about gettting doom port to work for deathmatch etc? Like zdeamon? Noticed that 3G phones coming out soon that have over 1mps etc. Obvious step to make? Love playing against other humans etc. do you think you could get it to work on a smartphone? Would well piss off Nokians. :lol:

Guest rickyburke

Not meaning to take the p*ss or anything, but i was playing doom on my 9210 years ago, like 2001!

Surely smartphones can do better than this!!!

Not meaning to disrespect the people who have obviously put a lot of time and effort into porting doom to smartphone, but im sure we should be getting newer and better games running on our phones, cos we all know their 10 times better than the crap nokia has been spitting out for the past few years.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tanko81

Im trying to download this for my mpx220, but when i click on download on the firstpage it says that "windows cannot find this file." Am I doing something wrong?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest rbuckingham

Me again.. having got the filename correct :) it worked for a few seconds then the video stopped but the Audio (sounds - not music) continued OK in the background. It always freezes in the demo at the same exact point, if I start a new game it freezes almost immediately.

I donloaded the latest version and it runs a second or so longer but the outcome is exactly the same. :(

(using Doom1.wad)

Audiovox SMT5600, 512MB MiniSD.

Can someone help lol I have no idea how to install this game, I dled the exe and put it in my program files on phone then I click the exe and it does nothing, what other files do i need?

Guest yarod_g14

Merry Christmas....almost

Ihave just got a new E200 from orange care. The rom is version 2.7.1.1

I was having problems unlocking this on the Orange web site. I there for e-mailed Orange and was sent a file to unlock my phone and lock it etc.

So theoretically this device is fully unlocked.

I have been attempting to run doom from my storage card but it simply fails to run. The first time I copy an Exe on to the device it asks me if I want to run this as its unsigned. I reply positive and it does nothing. I find that my phone will not even look at the doom folder on my card until I pull it out and replace it back in again.

I never had a problem on my last phones (e200 and carnary). This one seems to be different in some way. All that is different is the ROM.

I am just loading up full version of Duke Nukem and this boots but jumps straight to a black screen, no title, messages or anything.

I think I have a dud phone!!!!!!

At present the phone security has been disabled. I am baffled!!

I wonder if anyone else has any issue's with this ROM version.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

where I can download this?

the link from the first page says:

The error returned was:

Sorry, some required files are missing, if you intended to view a topic, it's possible that it's been moved or deleted. Please go back and try again.

Guest sittingduck

cant seem to download from the first post, also downloaded the cab file from the home site but dont know how to install it, got an orange spvc500, i would really like to get this working as my fav game ever, can someone help me :?:

Guest ga!nusha

i also tried both on my c500...and doomce is more stable....

and celldoom loads harder....but neither of them crashed yet...(1 week of intense play on doom ce)

• 2 months later...

Hi Roozbeh

Thanks for a great program and for all your good work. I use mydoom.exe version 2 as appears most stable but on my spv c500 sometimes i cant enter the next level and the sounds seem to lessen after a while. When is your next version coming out. I am sure we are all eagerly awaiting it. Thanks again :D