Dooooooooom...with Music now!![v1.0b]

Guest roozbeh

Guest mikeeey
Was able to get a version of mydoomce2 running on the tmobile dash with fullscreen and very fast gameplay. But was wondering how exactly do you set up a .cfg file for the app to use for different keys. I'm very knowledgeable with the old games and smartphone but just wasn't sure how its set up for the smartphone. If anyone can post a sample .cfg file or post it in a reply here I would appreciate it guys.

yea a simple .cfg file would be easiest. o wait didnt i say that on my post before? lol

Guest feoysolo

Yeah, I'm having the same problem with the keys. The pound key won't work for opening doors, so I'm stuck in the very first room of the very first level. As you can imagine, it's getting a little boring in here.

Is there any way to remap the keys? I'd also like to have just one strafe button that you hold and push either left or right on the joystick to strafe in either direction. I'm thinking the "0" key would work best for this if I can get the pound key to work for opening doors.

Oh yeah, and I'm using the T-Mobile SDA US (hump version) running the SP5m rom.

Guest mikeeey
Yeah, I'm having the same problem with the keys. The pound key won't work for opening doors, so I'm stuck in the very first room of the very first level. As you can imagine, it's getting a little boring in here.

Is there any way to remap the keys? I'd also like to have just one strafe button that you hold and push either left or right on the joystick to strafe in either direction. I'm thinking the "0" key would work best for this if I can get the pound key to work for opening doors.

Oh yeah, and I'm using the T-Mobile SDA US (hump version) running the SP5m rom.

its the rom, theres nothing roozbeh can do to make the # key work. lol i installed the i-mate sp5m rom just to get the # key to work and it did, but there were many things about the rom i didnt like that made me switch back to the t-mobile one. Then again iv uv tried pocketsnes or any of masteralls emulators the # key can be assigned and works just fine. hmm...

i wish the configuration would be:

* - shoot

0 - strafe

8 - run

2 and 3 - next and previous weapon

enter (joystick in) - open/activate

something along those lines...

Guest puerrican718

I actually got a default.cfg to work just fine last night and figured out how to edit and create your own configuration. Heres a copy of the cfg thats used. note that should work on most phones however I can only confirm for the Tmobile Dash for now. You really gotta play with the numbers to fine the right keys. I have a simple list done at home with some of the keys #s I found but I'm at work at the moment. Maybe some one can use this as a basis on how to get things rolling.

Only problem I couldnt get working was to map the Dash's enter button as the firing button. Other then that everything else worked good. Just put the .cfg file in your doom root folder and from there change the #s associated to each action to that of your phone. Keep in mind that the #s aren't exactly the button you want to use. For example if you want to have #5 on your phone to shot/fire then you wouldn't put "key_fire 5" because the numbering is different in this case as it might be actually 53, 52, or 43 that your number 5 key is really mapped to.

I'll post more details later tonight guys.

defaultcfg.zip

Edited by puerrican718

Guest mikeeey
I actually got a default.cfg to work just fine last night and figured out how to edit and create your own configuration. Heres a copy of the cfg thats used. note that should work on most phones however I can only confirm for the Tmobile Dash for now. You really gotta play with the numbers to fine the right keys. I have a simple list done at home with some of the keys #s I found but I'm at work at the moment. Maybe some one can use this as a basis on how to get things rolling.

Only problem I couldnt get working was to map the Dash's enter button as the firing button. Other then that everything else worked good. Just put the .cfg file in your doom root folder and from there change the #s associated to each action to that of your phone. Keep in mind that the #s aren't exactly the button you want to use. For example if you want to have #5 on your phone to shot/fire then you wouldn't put "key_fire 5" because the numbering is different in this case as it might be actually 53, 52, or 43 that your number 5 key is really mapped to.

I'll post more details later tonight guys.

thanks. im about to try it. later tonite ul give the values of each button and how to assign them? cuz rite now i cant figure it out. and when i take the value "fire" wich is 51 and make it so "use" is 51 it doesnt make the number 3 open things. (51 was 3's assigned value)

Edited by mikeeey

Guest mikeeey
thanks. im about to try it. later tonite ul say wat each button on the smartphone equals?

btw wich version of doomce are u using? all the ones i try thers always somethin wrong. some hav a grey screen after it loads and the one im using is too fast and all off the sounds are lower pitch. one other one was too slow.

Edited by mikeeey

Guest mikeeey
thanks. im about to try it. later tonite ul say wat each button on the smartphone equals?

o and puerrican718 would it be possible to add the game's speed to that cfg file and the sound speed/pitch? now the only problem with the latest port is that its too fast and the sound pitch is low. the pistol seems automatic it's so fast, id say it shoots about 180-240 bullets/min, just a little slower than the chain gun. i wonder hwo fast the chaingun shoots.

or if u could fix this too fast issue roozbeh i would kindly appreciate it?

Edited by mikeeey

• 3 months later...
Guest cdogg2000

For everyone that having issues with the not being able to make it to level 2, I took any old wav file and renamed it to doom.wav and now the mydoomce2 that is from post #345 works GREAT! Hope this helps everyone in my boat.

• 4 months later...
Guest cdogg2000

Though I can't get this to work on an imate sp5, it seems to be working great with htc s310. I've tried doom1 and 2 so far...

Guest Jessy

This is the only 3D shooter game I can get to work on my Moto Q... This port is really good the buttons work well for me, sometimes I wish I could jump though... I wish Duke, Wolf and Quake would work for me like Doom does... :)

Guest kevinsephiroth
This is the only 3D shooter game I can get to work on my Moto Q... This port is really good the buttons work well for me, sometimes I wish I could jump though... I wish Duke, Wolf and Quake would work for me like Doom does... :D

It has some issues on HTC S710.

cdogg2000 (great nick BTW) , pleaaase don't QUAD post :) ;) :P thx

• 1 month later...

The last version (588Ko) work fully on my SPV E650 but:

- it work only in the smartphone memory on French ROM, no work in storage card (problem with texte chars paths)

- after level terminate, the game crash (problem with gapi)

tips:

- iddqd and other cheats work fine with the remote control tool "my mobiler"

- i use the command -nogapi to fix the level end bug (after saved my end level game)

- rename "carte mémoire" to "storage card" (for french rom)

Roozbeh, for fix the game, can you add a nogapi mode only in the levels transitions ?

Edited by dyter

• 4 months later...
Guest axlastro

Hi there. I have problem playing on Blackjack (samsung I600). Can't open doors. I tried to put the default.cfg file but nothing happens. Any ideas how to get it working? Thanks all.

Guest ShaunC193

Loads the WAD but the display is very much garbled. I couldn't see anything really, except some blurred colours, so I figured out how to navigate to 'Quit Game'. :) Too bad. Duke works okay on my smartphone.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest thewopr

have a audiovox smt5600 doom runs fast and smooth

but crashes after the 1st level tried doom and doom2

any options or config i should do to get it to work?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DarkJudge

Okay... REALLY stupid question, but I did try searching...

-nogapi is enabled, but... how the heck do I use this option and where? (In the Config file?) :)

Guest 1000101

Don't know if this was mentioned before but, I figured this out the other day. If you want God Mode on this version follow my instructions...

1. Dowload CellDoom. Remember, you must download 1.6 (the most recent)

2. Play the first level. At the beginning press 9 for "God Mode".

3. Save it.

4. locate the save file on the phone.

5. Copy it and move it to the file that THIS version of Doom is in and place it where the game is.

6. Start the game and load state.

7. And there you go.

This version is much better to play on cause it takes up 240x320 instead of celldoom which is really small (dunno exact size but is much smaller than this version). Thank you creator.

• 4 months later...
Guest sovietinvasion

This sounds so good, but when i try it, it loads up fine and can actually hear the game running - but i just get a blank/grey screen, Ive tried all 3 versions in the first post and tried with ultimate doom and doom2 wads. Im running it on a HTC Vox0101 on Windows mobile 6...

Any idea what im doing wrong?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest postalp
This sounds so good, but when i try it, it loads up fine and can actually hear the game running - but i just get a blank/grey screen, Ive tried all 3 versions in the first post and tried with ultimate doom and doom2 wads. Im running it on a HTC Vox0101 on Windows mobile 6...

Any idea what im doing wrong?

Same thing, using a Tmobile Shadow, only getting a grey screen after it loads, when I hit the keys I can hear the game running, just no video.

/sadpanda

• 2 weeks later...
Guest WerKKill

Anyone got this to work properly with a HTC TyTN? It runs just fine but the landscape mode is upside down and I can't find a key that would get me back to the menu so I can't quit the game!