Dooooooooom...with Music now!![v1.0b]

Guest roozbeh

Guest sledgeweb

Runs very fast on my mpx200.

I think it needs some button changes though:

The change view with power button doesn't work (results in phone powering off, heh)

The map button isn't good to be on the voice record button, because as any mpx200 owner will tell you, it is next to impossible to use the voice record button without pressing it about 50 times. (You are suppose to press the volume control toggle IN for voice record, but you usually end up turning the volume up or down instead).

I'd suggest:

Volume Up: Map

Volume Down: Switch View

The other buttons seemed fine, I love the strafe feature.

Guest xavierjohn22

Hérés miné.

Wörks fast ön my e100.

Söunds ök and béttér i méän.

I cän héär thé döör clösés béhind mé cléarly nöw.

And thösé guns, äwsömé! Mäkés my officémätes héart burn öut with his nökia engägé dööm vérsiön.

Bwähähähä!

A bäckgröund music wöuld réally bé gréat! höpe it döesnt affect spééd that much, can key map för toggle ön and öff be döne with music?

As for map and view buttön, wörks finé with mé, great job. wé'll bé finé wherévér thösé buttöns äré pläcé.

Thé imägé is finé with mé, brightér and a little fééling that yöur wéaring an infrared, héat sensing devicé. Just häve tö gét usé tö it and its finé, minör adjustments i mäy säy.

Hmmm, what did i miss?

I'll pläy ägäin änd bé right bäck.

Thänks agäin roözbéh!

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest roozbeh

ok thanks....

and for sounds anybody got a good doom sound theme?

unclelimey:the current result of speed is due to using gapi and also i bypassed the normal stretch and simply not put some columns in screen...wich is not a good idea.....

also i think some colors are not displayed correctly....

i hope i can fix them till night as i will not (willing)to work on it for a month to start buying(!) and reading my university books!

Guest durk1482

The original doom music is included in the WAD file, right? I dont know what the possibilites are for extracting such music and playing it... In case of a midi'ish file, isnt it possible to convert and play it? I can imagine its quite some work, and myself i have no idea how to do such thing in C++. So just a nitwit talking here :)

Oh and dont you hate these university books. I just bought two for 70 euro each, just to find out we only use about 10% of the contents :S

Oh i almost forgot to say your doom port is awesome!

Guest roozbeh

well as music is not implemented and i down have doom for windows....

i think doom music is not there....

i will going to figure this out....

but anyway as it requires some more times...i think if anyother wav file of doom music is ready it could be more easier for me.....

anyways.......

i tried some other music and it really slows down program....but it added that very rapidly....

i hope i can make some optimization also.....

Guest muff

Nice work Roozbeh

it would be good if when you are leaving it for a while you made the source code available so that others can continue the excellent work

muff

Guest ore
well here is just a test file.....

but speed is obvious although some stretching is applied!

and some colors are missing also....

i am going to continue this to support both landscape and portrait modes in stretched and non stretched options....

I tried this test file but didn't work on my phone. Loads much much faster than your last version but stops at the 'Init_DOOM referer...' and goes back to the homescreen.

Guest Mr_Protozoa

the new test runs really well for me, apart from the colours. The new screen size is a great improvement. i wonder if i can get it to multitask with WMP so i can listen to music at the same time...?

Guest xavierjohn22

Maybé yöu cän, but it mäy pröducé lagging on söunds.

Im running agilé and pie while playing dööm thöugh. Speed is still ok.

Guest roozbeh

UPDATED.....

well i am now on completly new version....

things that changed are:

call button for changing to landscape and portrait mode....

small speed improvment

volume up fire...

volume down open doors...

the file is in first page as mydoomce2...

enjoy it!!

Guest bongbong

Hi thanks for the hard work.

After the quake project died i never thought we would finally get sound with doom.....

Your latest release is very fast and your right the colors are wrong.

I know you got to go back to school again.

Ill wait for your newest version even if it takes a whole year.

You've left us with a fine legacy.

God Bless YoU!

Guest kokee

Another big thanks for the hard work - this is awesome.

I have an original SPV and it runs great with the new revision, only problem is the colour - there seems to be too much yellow. The speed it runs at is amazing compared to the previous doom port also the load time is fantastic too - im gonna have to put the full games on my sd card now. Many thanks - you have made me proud again to be a smartphone owner and my next upgrade will surely be a smartphone and not symbian which I had one considered.

Guest xavierjohn22

Mäny mäny thanks tö röözbéh för making this a réality, all updatés aré amäzing!

Göodlück änd möré pöwér!

Guest xavierjohn22

Nöw i'vé finish my dööm 1 ön my smärtphöné bécäusé öf yöur wörk! Thänks a löt!

Göttö tö pläy thé shörés of héll änd infernö episödé töÖ.

THÉ bést Dööm vérsiön Pört!

Guest agent.m

do doom mods work?? just got goldeneye doom.......... i managed to get the free doom wad with it. it works but is slow :wink:

Guest ore

Hi roozbeh, your port of doom is great! Version 1 works fine on my phone but your version 2 don't. What do you think is the problem? I found this log at the root with the IPSM, Storage Card, Temp & Windows directories

Guest ore
Does anyone know how to make the doom 2 wad file work?

edit*  forget that, i figured it out

:)

Doom 2 wad file works with roozbeh's first version of his port (on my phone), but much slower, but still playable.

roozbeh's 2nd version won't work on my phone both for doom 1 and 2.

Guest xavierjohn22

Hmmmm,

Röözbeh had reléased 4 dööm updates ön his pört.

Thé 1st release uptö thé last wörks well ön my phöné.

Even thé säve games aré löaded even if i chånge with diff. mydoomce.exe versiön.

Hävént triéd dööm2 though.

Guest kopkings

great update its much faster

it seems that there is no blue colour in the game, anything that was blue eg the look of the screen, the super charger health, menus is green and the sound doesnt seem to handle 2 sounds at once eg you shot someone you either hear the gun or the scream of pain by the thing your shooting.

Apart from those 2 small things it worked perfectly great job.

ps can you disable the camera and the other buttons on the side as I accidently hit the cam button and my phone went haywire and I had to reset.

Guest xavierjohn22

Höpe röözbeh will nöt gö bäck tö schööl thät éarly to atténd tö sömé möré cöncerns.