Longhorn 4015

Guest Alex (nedge2k)

Guest nedge2k

Yeh i'd had a bit of a bad day in work yesterday...sorry dude. :wink:

BTW homescreen aint mine. Its Richie M's, i just re-wrote some of the code to make it work on E200's, gave it a better colour scheme and utilise the orange plugin :lol:

Oh yeh...I'll be implementing the new RJHTML into the homescreen soon. This obviously wont work for people without who arent Plus but for those who are...the future's bright :)

Guest stevo_knuckles

I have to admit I'm really liking this theme. works amazing on my e100. Was nervous installing it at first being the complete noob I am to Windows smartphones. but glad I did.

Nice theme like it lots. thanks

Guest ericsnow

Im an O2 Xphone user..I just uninstalled this homescreen.. n these are the problems im facing now.. 1. I cannot start my Window Media Player!!! 2. I cannot delete the Longhorn file in "remove program". 3. How do I change back my font to the default?? i can't find nina.ttf, so instead I used other font type found in my com to replace it.. anyway there's no short way but to go registry change the fontpath.

There are other problems too but I manage to solve them.. the uninstall cab isn't that useful actually. Anyway you did a great job, but too bad.. the uninstallation isn't that well done.. hope u can help me recover my Window Media Player n the possibility to uninstall both Longhorn cab n Longhorn Uninstaller in the "Remove Program" coz it looks kinda extra seems Im already not using it.. :wink:

Guest nedge2k

Uninstall cab now fixed

nina.ttf is in Windows

The remove programs thing is proably because u've been changing things manually...the phone doesnt like that.

The problems when uninstalling are nothing to do with me and as for my uninstall cab not being useful...things'd be alot worse without it.

Guest bobby_t1

Will this work with WM2003 on AT&T? Any chance it can use Mounted volume instead of just Storage? On WM2003 S card is Mounted Volume now.

Guest nedge2k

Er...Storage Card is Storage Card on 2002 and 2003. Storage is the phone's memory on 2003, IPSM is the phone's memory on 2002. I've never heard of Mounted Volume...must be an AT&T Rom thing :?

This theme must be stored in the phone's memory due to certain things. I could put it in the SD but there's no point for 2003...it has 32meg of memory :roll:

It should work fine on AT&T apart from operator name change which i'll look into when i get a chance...just need the network code but aint got time to find it atm.

Guest Eff-Gen

Yep, I have a problem too.. If i uninstalled Longhorn automatically, my WM player doesn't work.. What shall I do?

And i have a problem with vibrate.. :?

Guest Eff-Gen
Er did you run the uninstall .cab AFTER doing the remove programs?

OOps, I did it before... :oops: And my control volume isn't work... :roll:

Yea. It;s work! Thank for the help also forgive for anxiety.. :D

Guest zabirp

Cool theme!

I've only just started using homescreens, been using the standard ones all that time. No one told me there were these wicked themes :evil:

Great work :D

Ps: I've taken it off now, using iCandy with the England screens! :D

Guest HurricaneDave

Ooooh i like that.. i like that ALOT.. :D

VERY nice job there m8 and definatley the best i have seen so far..(first one to knock blades excellent futurama skin of my phone) 8)

just a couple off things..

1) on the main screen at the bottom left were it says mobile device (well actually on mine it says mobile devi with half a c on the end) :lol: is there any way to remove that as when i get a message the message icon appears over the top of the "mobile device" and garbles it all up.

2) is there an easy way to remove the vibrate?? im a man not a woman and battery powered vibrating things aint my cuppa tea :D

3) on richie m's original on the main screen there was a big square digital clock with an alarm box above it ??? Plugin i guess?? is there a way to get that on with your theme??

and thats it.. all my questions asked :D

sorry for all the questions but this homescreen rox and will be on my phone for a long time (if i can iron out those little problems ) hey im a perfectionist what can i say :D

edit:: im using an orange e200 and have replaced your font with the /windows/nina.ttf 1... dont know if that has any bearing on my aforementioned questions? :D

Guest nedge2k
edit:: im using an orange e200 and have replaced your font with the /windows/nina.ttf 1... dont know if that has any bearing on my aforementioned questions?  :D

Not really. The thing with the fonts folder is that you can have as many as you want :D E.g. you can put nina in there so the system fonts back but you can also put others in there for homescreens and it wont effect the system (coz its always looking for nina). Mine just has BN Dragon (homescreen) and Nina (system).

The msg bit...yeh its annoying. I'll have a look and see what i can come up with :wink:

You can remove the vibrate by opening reg editor, going to

HKCUControl PannelSounds

When there, selecte a notfication you want to change e.g. Ringtone0 (the ringtone), then select script. It will say av0pr

AP = Alarm play

V0 = Vibrate for length of sound

R = repeat

also

F1 = changes flash rate

W1 = wait 1 second

so you'd want apr or ap

The big longhorn clock wasnt part of LHv2, it was in M5 and yeh it is a plugin. Ill have a look and see how i could best implelment it :wink:

Guest puckster
Uninstall cab now fixed

nina.ttf is in Windows

This may be a silly question (i've just installed Longhorn as my first homescreen, so am pretty new to smartphone customisations).

When i try to copy nina.ttf out of windows i get a message stating that copying system files is restricted. Is there something that i'm missing or is there a workaround for this? I have an i-mate smartphone 2 with the new v1.10.15.2 ROM.

Thanks

Chris

btw, your longhorn theme rocks!!!

Guest nedge2k

Cheers :D

The best way to copy the file is through the "explore" function in Activesync.

AFAIK there is no way to copy system files on the phone

Guest nedge2k

Hmmm...not sure. The mpx is a different animal tho. Might just be that you have too many apps running in the background. Try it again wit nothing running or do a soft reset and try again :D Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest nedge2k

It can be used on any smartphone/os. The only things that wont work from tme to time will be the fonts, the operator name change and the caller id templates.

Fonts only work in 2003 unless you use BLAddFont

Operator names are dependent on me finding the code for you network and updating the theme

Caller ID templates only work on phone with A Caller ID installed (pre-installed on E200's). Same can be said for pocket music and xbar skins...they'll only work if you've got the prog :D

Guest sdssls

Hi nedge2k, I installed it during the first time, it works perfectly. Then, I accidentally uninstall it, but it says uninstall fail. I can't access the home screen anymore. And, I try to delete all LH related files in the Home directory, then re-install again. Now it says failed to install. I try reset.cab and unsinstall.cab, but none work.

I'm using mio8390. Hope you can help me ASAP please....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.