Woooooooolf3D......Spear of Destiny[v1.3b]

Guest roozbeh

Seems to run awesome on my MPx220!

only thing is after i quit i get these weird red lines across my screen... once i free up my memory they go away

o_O

great job!

nyillustrator,

It locks up on my 5600 before even getting to the menu screen.

Just FYI.

Works OK on the C500 which is basically the same phone :?

Are you sure you had enough free phone memory ?

BTW I installed it from the cab file which I downloaded from HERE

Guest scingram

Works OK on the C500 which is basically the same phone :?

Are you sure you had enough free phone memory ?

BTW I installed it from the cab file which I downloaded from HERE

Yep, I installed the files as stated in the forum and in the readme, I added the correct shareware file, and I cleared any running programs from the phone using taks manager.

I get about 10 seconds into it and the phone locks.

It does not happen on a specific screen, more at a specific interval.

I have found that this happens for W3D, SoD, and for the Doom port as well.

I am wondering if it is something specific to the SMT 5600, or if it is just my phone.

I really dont think it is my specific phone seeing as I dont have any issue running games like Eclipse First wave and such.

Dont know, any ideas?

-S

I have my homescreen timeout set to 'never' in Settings-Homescreen because it was causing some problems with other apps.

It's the only setting I have changed on my phone so that might be worth trying.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

i think the newer version will solve some of program bugs....

i am currently a little bit busy but some of bugs are fixed!

I've just been playing wolfenstein on 'I am Death incarnate' and got killed in about two minutes. Any fix for that ^_^

Great to hear you are woking on a new version :D

BTW previous posting talks about the game dropping out on the SMT 5600 after a certain time and strangely enough it happened to me today on the C500 for the first time :shock: I closed all background apps and it still occured. I noticed that I was plugged into the PC via mini USB cable which I don't usually do when playing this game. After disconnecting and restarting the phone, it seemed OK again.

Guest nyillustrator

Does anyone else have an Audiovox SMT 5600 who can test this for me...xmas is gettin close and I wanna know if I should get this phone or not. Thanks.

Guest scingram

I will give it a shot here in a bit and let you know.

I checked my settings last time and the timout is set to 20 min on my phone, so I dont think that is the culprit, but I will try it and get back to you.

I had a couple more problems with it which seems to happen when a lot is happening on the screen. Sound goes a bit funny and then it drops out.

I think I would wait until roozbeh releases the next version.

Please roozbeh [-o<

Guest roozbeh
I know this maybe a silly question but by any chance is their a version for symbian series 60 phones "wolf3d"

yes if somebody gives me a series 60 phone....^_^

Does anyone else have an Audiovox SMT 5600 who can test this for me...xmas is gettin close and I wanna know if I should get this phone or not. Thanks.

I just tried running the .cab on my 5600 and it says "Installation failed. The program or setting connact be installed because it does not have adequate system permissions."

Guest dispatcher

I've tried to run Wolf3D on PPC (Compaq IPaq 3850 w/ PPC2003) and really ... it runs - in principle and only if you use the nogapi option, otherwise a blank screen is displayed :lol:

An problem occurs - similiar to Duke3D - when i want to enter any item in the main menu ... their is no key mapping supporting this functionality. Therefore I can't enter the game. :cry:

Yes - I know, Duke3D offers a configuration file where I - theoretical - can choose the settings for key mapping, but it doesn't really work. :D

The ShowKeyCodes option displayes wrong key identifier or in any case the displayed key codes didn't work whereas the default values, like "Left" "Right" etc., works.

I think this cannot be a very complex problem to solve.

Is it possible to source out the configuration of Wolf3D in the same way like Duke3D? (Because of a more flexibility in basic settings, e.g. display solution)

Is the source code of this Wolf3D port available anywhere?

A comment to Dan East's port: I don't know exactly, but it seems that he has something changed in the data files of Wolf3D (or better SOD). So it isn't possible to play shareware nor the full version. Only 2 or 3 levels are available in his demo version. And he still never anwer any mail nor open his source code. ;)

I've found a link to a new port of Wolf3D: http://www.pocketmatrix.com/forums/viewtop...4a5c9df0cd76ade

Any interested may check out this.

My respects applies to any developer that give us the possibility of playing cult games, like Wolf3D or Doom, on mobile devices. Really nice work - Keep it up!

• 1 month later...

I downloaded and ran the cab file on the spv3d.tk site and it seemed to work unfortunenately it crashes at sound

playing with sound makes the experience far better imho....

anyone?

Edited by V6N9M

• 3 months later...

works very good on my Qtek 8020...

Sounds crashses occasionally, but thats been told enough now...

waiting fr the next version now..

remember guys roozbeh is doing it for free

• 5 weeks later...
Guest akiraware

Following the instructions in this thread, i sucessfully installed Wof3D and SOD full versions in my MPX200 with Smartphone 2003.

The games rocks as ever!!!

The first game wich I can remember to spend a lot of nights to play.

Really Awesome ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest henskuh

Dear all,

Can somebody please help me????? I am a very big fan of Wolf3d, played it a lot when I was young. And now I found the smartphone version. I succesfully installed it on my phone (SPV C500) using the .cab file, but the program won't work. It is very slow (I can start it, but I can't play it). And my phone eventually crashes and I have to get my battery out...

How can I fix this?? I really like to play it and the start-up screens look really nice so far....:-)

Thanx

Guest Jamma14
Dear all,

Can somebody please help me????? I am a very big fan of Wolf3d, played it a lot when I was young. And now I found the smartphone version. I succesfully installed it on my phone (SPV C500) using the .cab file, but the program won't work. It is very slow (I can start it, but I can't play it). And my phone eventually crashes and I have to get my battery out...

How can I fix this?? I really like to play it and the start-up screens look really nice so far....:-)

Thanx

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It may be GAPI issues, how long ago did you buy your c500? And have you upgraded the ROM since you bought?? Have you had trouble with other games???

Guest henskuh
It may be GAPI issues, how long ago did you buy your c500? And have you upgraded the ROM since you bought?? Have you had trouble with other games???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanx for your response.

I bought my SPV 9 months ago, never upgraded the ROM it since. I feel really stupid, but don't know what GAPI means and what to do with it... :|

I have never had trouble with other games.

Hope you can help me...thanx

• 4 weeks later...
Guest tosmartforyou
Thanx for your response.

I bought my SPV 9 months ago, never upgraded the ROM it since. I feel really stupid, but don't know what GAPI means and what to do with it... :|

I have never had trouble with other games.

Hope you can help me...thanx

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Got the same problem on my SPV C500.. Verry slow..

Guest Jamma14

Hmmm... I don't know, tryed the latest version on my SP3i, and it always quits about ten seconds in...I wouldn't say it is a GAPI issue, probably something to do with the latest release, try the older versions and tell me what happens.

Ps. @ tosmartforyou: Is your name meant to be ironic??

EDIT: Okay there is only one version available for download, here..he talks about some problems in the readme. Try opening it in smart explorer with a -nogapi argument to see if that makes any difference. I'm bout to try different arguments now..I'll get back to you.

My problem was to do with making a sound within the first ten seconds as it can cause it to crash apparently, so not doing that means it doesn't quit, but it is making weird noises n things when I shoot, wrong noises. This may be because I'm using the full version of wolf3d, but on my old e100 with a previous release, it was all fine.

-nogapi makes no difference to me, what about you two??

Think I might just give up and play Duke3D!

Edited by Jamma14