Yeti3D [awesome 3d engine, demo runs at ~20 fps on my mpx!]

Guest durk1482

Guest schriss

This is nice!! It runs average 20fps on my Mio8390, up to 30fps, minimum fps is around 15fps, sound is ok until I move, then it starts to skip, but framerate is still around 15fps...

By the way, it loads in 25 seconds :D

The reason it's slow on some devices is low memory (I have 20MB of program memory free).

Any way to switch the screen to landscape? Readme says it's possible

"To rotate the screen (I hear there are a lot of right handers out there), use the options button and click on the screen."

but I touch my screen and nothing happens :D

But seriously, we would need to map a key or something...

I am currently working on a game using the yeti engine. As part of that, I will do a smart phone port. This would go a lot faster if someone sent me a phone :D

If you want to be kept up to date, send an email to [email protected] with the subject 'subscribe yeti'

Regards

Sean

---------------------------------------

Sean Cross

mailto:[email protected]

Pics Print - The photo printing solution for Windows. http://www.picsprint.com

http://www.Intuitex.com - Multimedia software for Windows

Guest nedge2k
This would go a lot faster if someone sent me a phone :D

Hehe..wishful thinking

Sounds good. Keep us posted on the forum :wink:

Guest schriss

Guys... set keypad sound to NONE - last setting in Start/Settings/Sounds - after that the game/sound does not skip at all!!!

Minimum frame rate I get is 19fps, average is 25fps, max I noticed so far is 30fps :-))))

Update: I'm completing Level 4 (Castle) right now... :D

Level 5 done, no monsters but not still not easy to complete...

I'm now on Level 6 :D

OK, I made it to Level 7 8) but it seems like it's nothing here and it's the last level :cry:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mmystery

Hey,

I'm just tried the demo!! it is just fantastic, and finally, a true ~20fps game, with sound and everything!! this engine is awesome!

Maybe we can play in the future 3D Tomb Raider and stuff like that!! :D

Guest Underdog_2k

hope someone makes it a multi player game!! like Counter strike, using bluetooth/gprs/umts/wifi that would be really dope. but not like the nokia qd phone, REAL multiplayer game. Only problem is creating the server :roll:

• 1 month later...
Guest schriss

Just wanted to let you know that there is something cool in the works, and looks promising :P

Framerate is great on my Mio8390, average fps is 32 :D Sometimes it drops but usually never below 20fps :)

Notice that FPS on screenshots is low because of the screen grabber and ActiveSync running in background, this way i could see the game on both: Mio8390 and on PC at the same time and I could take screenshots for you.

Screenshots below! :D

Developer seeks help from people living in Auckland New Zealand, if you do live near that location, you can help by allowing the developer to play with your Smartphone :D Developing an application when you do not own the device can be difficult :)

snap1.png

snap2.png

snap3.png

snap4.png

snap5.png

snap6.png

snap7.png

snap8.png

snap9.png

Guest Croccy22

Just tried this on my C500 and apart from the graphics being screwed due to the dredded c500 bug, the game runs at 30-60fps, all sound is fine and not broken up and it doesn't jerk at all.

Smart.

Just need a full screen version written specifically for the phone now :)

Matt

Croccy22

Guest schriss

I know and I asked if I can post anything for others to try on their devices, but he says it's too early for that.

Good thing is that Yeti3D runs good on any device I have and more work is now being done on content (bots, textures, etc.)

Guest bongbong

Final Fantasy 3, a remake of a nes game by square is installed by default on one of the Famous FOMA phone models in Japan.

Square has ported one of their RPGs and no less from the ff series for the Windows smartphone platform and is a built in game in one of FOMA's phones.

I just wonder why they dont sell it as an installable for other smatphones and in english of course.

It even has highly improved graphics over the nes version.

It looks more like a gba game now with matching special effects.

Guest midnight
Final Fantasy 3, a remake of a nes game by square is installed by default on one of the Famous FOMA phone models in Japan.

Square has ported one of their RPGs and no less from the ff series for the Windows smartphone platform and is a built in game in one of FOMA's phones.

I just wonder why they dont sell it as an installable for other smatphones and in english of course.

It even has highly improved graphics over the nes version.

It looks more like a gba game now with matching special effects.

eh, FOMA Windows Smartphone? did i miss something somewhere?

I know Square ported one of the FF games to the Java platform (or was it BREW?), but that wasnt for Windows Mobile, maybe i missed that aswell?

Guest gravity

NTT Docomo doesn't do smartphone, they're doing linux. They like having full control over their phones, and smartphone isn't an option when you want that much control.

Oh and I PMed you my details MR. X

Guest gravity

Just figured out the action key. I wish I knew before since both 0 and # end up exiting and it takes a while to reload. And is there any way to beat lvl 3? I kept getting my ass kicked by those hordes of robots.

Well, I'm no coder, though I used to do programming many moons ago on the Atari ST series.

Had a look through the code and it is well documented and fairly easy to follow. The interesting bit is in the viewports.h file where the pocket PC resolution is defined. As the existing pocket pc demo runs on the smartphone with no modification, as an experiment, the resolution in this file could be changed to the smartphone resolution and the demo re-compiled.

May be worth a try, any takers?

Guest schriss

But PPC version already runs on Smartphone, so what would be benefit of changing resolution? Anyway, I can try that on my Mio8390, just compile and post it :-)

But PPC version already runs on Smartphone' date=' so what would be benefit of changing resolution?quote']

My port runs on the smart phone because I change the resolution. Otherwise it would look terrible or crash.

I assume that you are using the gpl version. there is a post on http://www.pocketmatrix.com/forums/viewtop...&highlight=yeti covering some of the changes.