UPDATED: Photographs / Details of forthcoming C500

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest kevlar

not wanting to be contraversial, but there is something going on in the pictures with the size comparison. The front view and rear view show the width to be slightly less than the e200, but the end view shows the difference to be huge. Measure it yourself!

Kevlar

Guest kl1wdr
lutzh, is there any chance you can answer enceces question about how the action key works?

No, he can't...it is not his device....he got the photos from the same source as I do....

Guest mischievous

mpx100 looks better every day. the mpx220 looks even better. question, sort of out of topic here, does the 100/220 support EDGE?

Guest midnight

cant be dimmed, the keypad light is on on the e200 :)

you're right, thats one hell of a bright screen

i actually dont mind its looks, just looks a little plain compared to other smartphones, and i really dont mind that layout, makes little difference to me where the back and home buttons are as long as you can press them :lol:

Guest midnight
not wanting to be contraversial, but there is something going on in the pictures with the size comparison. The front view and rear view show the width to be slightly less than the e200, but the end view shows the difference to be huge. Measure it yourself!

Kevlar

thats just the perspective :)

Guest Dumdidum

We from www.pocketpc.ch have received pictures about the SPV C500 from orange, and I can confirm that it is really veeeeeeery small!

Bluetooth and camera is confirmed!

Guest Dumdidum

Sorry, we cannot publish them yet (requested from orange) as orange switzerland did not yet decide if they will sell the C500...

Guest mischievous

If the SD card is under the battery, then WiFi SD cards that will soon be available likely won't fit in this phone. rules it out for me.

Guest londonlad

it looks like that alcatel on virgin mobile, lol. sd card behind the battery isnt that bad an idea, cos most will use activesync and theres a kinda relief that its internal and you dont have to worry bout it. bluetooth and camera - standard. I'd choose this over mpx100 but not over mpx 220. This time im going for somethin stylish and motorola.

Has this still got an FM radio? (oh, i just got an idea, if it has then an app to record radio shows, kiss smooth groves in particular and playback when you want! - clever)

Guest midnight

i dont think this is 240 x 320 res, neither are the mpx220 and mpx100, but who knows, hopefully someone will make one soon :)

Guest Pondrew

Nice and tidy. Not sure I'd go for it over the MPX100 (I'll let price decide me) but I don't hate it! Greatly improved battery power and increased speed has to be good, especially when in such a small package.

Not sure why there seems to be so many negative comments flying around. You'd have prefered HTC didn't release another Smartphone?!? Or if you're more worried about apparent lack of style I'd fully expect there to be other models coming from HTC within 6months of this one.

At least now people have stopped b*tching about lack of bluetooth/camera.

Guest midnight

here here pondrew :)

i like it, i like the specs (camera doesnt bother me to be honest, and at least it has one), and the design aint all that bad, the only slight downer is that control pad, but i'll have to try it out first, it may work well, who knows :lol:

Guest yoos
You'd have prefered HTC didn't release another Smartphone?!?

Well... actually.... they have released three phones to date and they still haven't released a good stable one :)

I personally like the small size and sd under the battery so it doesn't get lost, but I can see where the SD not being external could hamper future sd cards with wifi and other things. Good that it's an SD and not mini SD too (too new and just another different type of media to buy now... I'd guess pricy too???)...

I don't like that it's an HTC as I mention above, don't like the buttons at the top either.

Guest Pondrew

Well... actually.... they have released three phones to date and they still haven't released a good stable one :)

I personally like the small size and sd under the battery so it doesn't get lost, but I can see where the SD not being external could hamper future sd cards with wifi and other things. Good that it's an SD and not mini SD too (too new and just another different type of media to buy now... I'd guess pricy too???)...

I don't like that it's an HTC as I mention above, don't like the buttons at the top either.

Wow. Strong feelings if you'd rather they stopped producing Smartphones altogether and stopped providing competition to other producers (surely keeping prices down?!).

I got the original SPV back in December 2002 and loved it. It had loads of bugs but it also did things that no other phone device at the time could do (other then the XDA which I couldn't afford). Then last November I preordered the E200 and although it had it's problems they were greatly reduced from the original (i.e. definately a better product).

Still, I think it's time to see how the other side live so I'll be trying the MPX100 for size when I can.

Guest meaks

Whats the battery life slated as being? Similiar to the mpx100? I've gotta say that i've always wanted a smaller handset running windows smartphone - the mpx100 looks quite chunky like the e200. So if its got a good standby then it may well be my next phone!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.