UPDATED: Photographs / Details of forthcoming C500

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest midnight

errr, mpx100 is being made by compal (remember the Compal ar11 (ouch))

oh, and the mpx220 is being made by chi mei (same as the mpx200)

and the sagem my s7 is being made by Mitac

Guest Pondrew
errr, mpx100 is being made by compal (remember the Compal ar11 (ouch))

oh, and the mpx220 is being made by chi mei (same as the mpx200)

and the sagem my s7 is being made by Mitac

I'm sure there was a HTC device being produced for Motorola but now that I think back, I don't think it was a Smartphone.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Just because it is a HTC produced device doesnt automatically mean it will be terrible (take a look at the iPaq range for example). A lot of the software enhancements and tweaks come down to the carrier or Motorola themselves, in this case.

The design is growing on me now, but i'm still put off by the internal SD.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest Pondrew
Just because it is a HTC produced device doesnt automatically mean it will be terrible (take a look at the iPaq range for example).  

Don't get me wrong, wasn't saying HTC making MotoSmart phones would be a bad thing, was just responding to the suggestion that the MPX100 was one.

Guest Vector
"]Get ready to buy new cards too, apparently it's Mini SD!

P

Posted from my SmartPhone!

that's two phones now using Mini SD as far as i know,

this and the MPx100...what's the price range of these things? :-k

Any info on if the MPx220 uses it?

Guest Will

anyone found minisd-sd card convertors.. i'm sure these will be in great demand!

- for pc side obviously.. or using minisd in normal sd card slots -

Will

Guest Simon Desser
I might be completely wrong, but I thought I'd heard that all mini-SD cards would come with one.

I'm sure you're right, all Memory Stick Duos come with an adapter to fit into regular Memory Stick slots, so I'm sure these will too.

Guest kyrkesmith

To follow up what I said earlier, SanDisk's website states:

The SanDisk miniSD card includes an adapter that converts the miniSD card into a full size SD card to be used with the growing number of SD compatible devices available in the market.

Guest kl1wdr
how do you think the action key would work? That may be difficult to hit right in the middle if it also rocks side to side.
Nope....it is easy to use...not more difficult than the e200-joystick...

Any info on if the MPx220 uses it?

Yes, it uses MiniSD too... :x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest simonbratt99

hi people (e100 owner)

Ive not read anyway sayin weather the 'joy pad' or what eva, is 4 way or 8 way, does anyone know?

Big difference for games (ie just bought Total Soccer)

cheers people.

Si

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bommer

as a newe time buyer of smartphones which should i get the spv c500 or the MPx-220 ! the spv looks a bit rough but which is better?

Guest kyrkesmith

I think they're going to turn out about the same in terms of performance. However the only noticable difference in features is the camera. The MPx220 has a 1.2 Megapixel camera with flash; the C500 a 0.3 Megapixel without flash.

Also check out my comparison pic here.

I wouldn't let the camera make up my mind (although I will almost certainly be getting the MPx220), but rather make a decision based on which form factor you prefer, and also what users say when the phones come out. It's worth noting that the Motorola's MPx200 is of a much better build quality than any of the SPV series so far (in my opinion).

Guest akarno

I Really like the look of the C500 and the MPX220. But I have a problem. I sync up my (Original)SPV with my computer at work. At work all the USB ports are disabled, but they allow devices that connect via a serial port.

A serial cable is available for the original SPV, which I have, and I think the E200, but none of the new Smartphones, about to be released, seem to support serial cables.

Does anyone have a solution, or am I destined to keep my original SPV which will be 2 years old this November :cry: .

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.