Customized ROM 101

Guest rcperez

Guest rcperez

yeah nedge it would b awesome if florin would just take time out to take a look at our platform and present a resource map of our beloved smartphone. That will be the day. ü

titi: dumprom doesnt work with the e200 rom as of yet, you have 2 use d perl version.

But if u manage 2 do it, please share d info ü thanks.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest diapolon

hello!

I have replaced on NK.nbf the file ms_splash.gif with another maybe when i try upgrade i have the error 102 (image corrupt).

If i replaced ms_splash.gif with original ms_splash.gif it work!

Why?

i have used the rom 1.62 FR

Guest rcperez

During update the CAAUpdate checks for the validity of the ROM file, please reffer to my instructions on the first page to bypass this.

Guest diapolon
During update the CAAUpdate checks for the validity of the ROM file, please reffer to my instructions on the first page to bypass this.

good, it work! you are great! :D

Guest diapolon

rcperez i have fully replaced some .gif and it work fine.

hour i want to insert smallest programs like quickreset on the rom.

how it is made? :D

Other question: why winhex not found mint.jpg on the rom? is crypted?

Guest rcperez

yup only these resources are not encypted, GIF and TTF (font files)

To manage in freeing more space you have to jumble the images around but this is more constrained than what it really is. Example if you have the original doom.gif (15kb) which is being called by file1 in rom and dump.gif (5kb) which is basically not being called by any programs, you could swap the doom.gif (edited of course to lower the filesize to 5kb or lower) to dump.gif after that do a string search for DOOM.GIF and DUMP.GIF, rename DUMP.GIF with DOOM.GIF, then rename the real DOOM.GIF with the new file you want to embed (*.wav; *.exe; *.jpg; *.dll; *.xml; *.mid; *.* )

Oh before i forget the constraint i was talking about with the juggling of resources is that when you do change the filename both should have the exact number of characters in the filename (aside from having the right filesize).

You could embed a dozen customized Midi tones, since WAV tones are not called by the ringtones directly from the Windows directory you could use them for AgileMobile alerts etc. or a few apps and some skins.

Hi,

I wanna learn this. How do I integrate some of my favorite apps? If I do integrate them where will the apps reside, in the card or the phone.

Please teach me... O:)

Thanks,

Guest rcperez

Hi mhon,

The embedded apps resides within the permanent memory, it will niether consume your Phone memory nor you storage card memory. The only thing with this its just a few bytes. So if your creative you might be able manage to pull a few trick.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest joecastushrfm

hai there,...

i'd like to asking to you,...

i'm using mio mitac8380 with smartphone 2002 n i'd like to upgrade my ROM (my ROM is 1.0.0.0), can i do that? couse i was try a few upgrade ROM but its doesn't work, can you teach me how to upgrafe the ROM is? n what the best should i use,...

thxs for your help

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest mojodojo

Alright, I understand how you guys are adding the picture and all but how are you extracting the rom from your device? Has anyone extracted the rom from a sprint i600?