spvDuke3d [v0.4c]...with Sound/Music now!

Guest roozbeh

anyway as far as i can recall i never included this file

everything must work just fine with or without this file as far as i know

anyway as far as i can recall i never included this file

everything must work just fine with or without this file as far as i know

Does anyone know how to do the cheats, 'cause it would be much more fun if i could just load the game and start blowing some stuff to pieces. (i'm not sadistic, really :twisted: )

Guest machieru
well i dont think cheats work for now......

but i will implement them as working ones soon.....like wolf3d

the cheats are possible with your wolf3d port? how o.O if I may ask...

Guest Mitchybums

Thanks for the new version.

I just tried it on my Ipaq 2215, and it runs good from an SD card.

I havent played with button stuff yet, so just tried the default config file, but I would like to offer one suggestion.

It will probably save a lot of whining from other ppc users, and should not be too hard to implement.

I run the game in 240x180 screen res, resulting in half a screen blank, and would be very happy if you could implement a Show sip feature or an onscreen keyboard or something.

To be able to play the game, as cumbersome as it might seem, on my ppc is a true pleasure. Please consider.

Thanks,

Mitch

Guest dshaugney

Roozbeh,

My c500 doesn't like the new version for some reason. I'm using the usegapi=0 (cos the of the gapi issue) and I didn't install the music addon. The graphics are all laggy and unresponsive. Once in a while it will give 10 frames in a row or so and then freeze again. It feels like playing UT2004 online on a 14.4kbps connection....or what I like to call a "slide show". Back to v3 for a while.

anybody tested musics?

by the way i updated game again to support additional directories for timidity files as on not every devices we have storage card

I tryed it,and nothink...

it must work....i tried it here and it worked....maybe your phone does not send three button press messages together!

@dshaugney

i'll try to see with nogapi options....

but have you tried the gapi fix patch?

maybe with that it will work

Guest Mitchybums

I looked in the config file, but only got the sound effects, no music, couldnt figure out how to do it.

Cheats on the full version for duke3d (pc version) are :

dncornholio for god mode

dnstuff for all weapons and full weapons/items/cards

untested on this version though, no keyboard.

Please consider the keuboard function to allow it to popup.

maybe attach it to a button, or keep it in play all the time, I dont care.

But many people will be gratefull to be able to play the game that way.

Guest ultimasnake

Roozbeh i just got a nice idea..

Why not... make the phone "rumble" as soon as you take damage... just to add some more fun :)

oh i tried getting music to run but without succes, i copied everything to a directory and then in the cfg file i changed the timidity_something_dir (:lol:) to the directory where the files where but nothing seemed to work... but i thought timidity was only ment for better music playback since the duke used diffrent midi instruments....

also i didn't manage to copy ALLLL instruments purely because it was waaay to big, it would be nice if we could find out which instruments are used from timidity.. might worth researching.. gonna try that now :lol:

Guest yarod_g14

Hello all

My god I feel stupid. I am having some problems with the mutikeys on the newest release. I am using an E200. It just doesnt do anything when set to softkey1. I then tried to set change weapon to softkey2 and nothing happens when I am in the game. It appears that I cannot change weapon no matter what I press!!

I have made the changes I wanted in the landscape mode 0 section, has anyone had any problems with this?

I have also installed the music and Im finding that it is literally skipping every other beat, its like listening to a stuck record just stops and starts endlessly. I have reduced voices to 2 and also changed the mix rate to 7000. Still skips like kangaroo.

I wonder if anyone has a config with sound enabled with which they are experiencing good speed that they could share with me :)

Please

Thanks

P.s Roozbeh, you are truly famous here now, I recon if you make a commercial game people will pay top dollar for your work :lol:

I know you really want to make a port of that new mobile 3d engine used on PS2 and GBA(there is a demo on here somewhere for smartphone) and then with a little bluetooth multiplayer majic and scalability for Various win mobile platforms I think thankyou please we give u mohoney.

Whatever happens it's great to play your ports!!

Guest ultimasnake

hey yarod_g14 i am also experiencing problem with music but it just gives me some ticks during playback which anoyes me :) but without the music all seems to run well.. i didn't change much in the sound settings and all.. and am playing in portrait mode purely because i have all keys in reach then compared to landscape modes in my opinion...

here is my cfg file... note that keys and some other settings where changed...

oh and speed was set to 115% instead of 100 this seems to make the game play much better :lol:

E200 config.zip