spvDuke3d [v0.4c]...with Sound/Music now!

Guest roozbeh

Guest ultimasnake

also just to think of it.. i am not sure if 7000 is a proper mixrate... think only 3200/6400/7200/8400(not sure about this one)/9200(might be 9000) and 12800 :S

Guest roozbeh

ultimsnake did you see my post on doom topic?!

i sent you an email...did you see it?

anyway is music not working at all?

i mean i think it must work anyway....maybe timididty dir is not functionaling....

anyway i experienced good on music on e100

also the best values for sound is 22000 / or * even number for example 11000 or 44000

but other values will work but sound might heard strange...

but in anyvalue no skipped must be heard...

Guest ultimasnake

Music works now but only when i put it in the storage cardtimidity directory....

i didn't get your mail just yet roozbeh can you mail it again (which one did you mail me too :))?

i am trying some quality levels at this moment to see which is best quality/performence setting

Guest yarod_g14

!!!

Thank you very much Ultimasnake!!

Funnily enough I have just got back from a Holland visit, I love your country!!

I did manage to get stuck in a Bulldog Cafe(oops) for a big section of my Holiday lol but still culture is to be experienced!!!

Thanks for your config file it appears to run very similar to my settings. If I use the music option the sound is just stuttering!!!

Thanks though :)

Guest ultimasnake

yup i noteiced that music drains allot of speed too... i really only want to hear the great intro song the rest isn't that important for me.. so i turned it off :) i am still trying to impove the config file in many ways...

and thanks about thinking holland is great :lol: i hope you enjoyed your stay here (there in your place)

Guest ultimasnake

i'm not sure what you mean with Mounted Volume

but if you copy all timidity files to storage cardtimidity the music will work, at the moment you can't change it's directory yet (well you can change it but has no effect atm)

Has anyone managed to save a game, and then succesfully load it?

What keys correspond to what when loading? I just click the middle joystick and it locks up. :?

Possibly a known bug, but Lunar Apocalpyses doesnt load, and neither does shrapnel city, or the last one.. hmm. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :oops:

Guest ultimasnake

Well load and save works perfectly on my e200, though i am in the second level of the first episode i did get there and saved te game multiple times... you might have to insert some text (numbers mainly) while saving the game thus giving it name :lol:

Also Lunar apocalypse,shrapnel city and the biath are active even if you have the shareware file of the duke :) those will only work if you have the full version files i guess (will give it a try in a moment)

Hello roozbeh,

I was wondering if you would be willing to share your code to allow ports to other arm systems (either in a public or personal manner) it would be interesting to mess around with the code and see if it would be possible to do a GP32 port... I'm not going to freak out about the license on the source code or anything but it would be a cool thing to play with for a little bit... I'm currently working on wolf3d for GP32 (it's on sourceforge with the project name gp32wolf3d... atleast the last semi-stable released code is) and am trying to rewrite some of the code to allow for all the different versions (SOD&WOLF&DEMO's of both) to run from one executable... right now it's in a bad state but if you wanted I could send you my code to look at if you wanted or I could wait until I've gotten it working again and you could use it for your wolf3d port to smartphone. There are definitely way better GP32 coders out there who may also be interested but I decided I better atleast try.

Thanks for your time!

TJ Hooka

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there, I was wondering if anyone could select something at the main menu, cause I can´t1 ^_^ , please some suggestions.

What phone do you have? If you have the C500 then I recommend reading the readme file! There is a part in the CFG file (IIRC) which you basically need to change from 1 to 0, this in turn disables GAPI and allows u to play it on your C500!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello , spvDuke is fantastic !!!

but it is a little twist, i do not know how to configure keys on my Fujitsu-Siemens LOOX 410

can anyone help me ??

pls. on my mail dexus5(at)orangemail.sk please !!!! i need to play it :lol:

Is there to enable the demo? The .dmo files do not seem to autostart.

I was wondering if there was away to capture the average FPS during one cycle of the .dmo file to compare devices against one another.

Is this possible?

Guest roozbeh

as far as i know .dmo files start automatically and i tested them with shareware and full versions and both worked perfectly.....but i never tested dmo playing back completly....maybe there is a bug

and you can turn on showingfps in .cfg file

• 2 weeks later...

I'm running this on my Audiovox SMT5600. I restarted my phone and had 11MB of free memory. I loaded the game with default settings, and it runs great, except it hangs for about 10 seconds every few seconds. I'm going to try to tweak the settings before I come back.

Note: FPS counter shows 49 FPS :S

UPDATE: I'm stil having problems. I set the texture quality to Low in Duke's options, I set the Landscape_Mode to 1, cache to 6800 (I have about 9MB free), and killed the sound. And yet, I still get crappy performance. The game will run fine for about 5 seconds, and then hang for about 10 seconds. Then sometimes it comes back, sometimes it doesn't. I'm going back through the thread, but most of the replies came when the SMT5600 wasn't even out :lol:.

Any ideas?

Guest Cthulhus

Hi there,

I tested this port on my Ipaq1940 and it's work well, the mapped was so hard but now I can play the game with all features ... now, I have only one probleme : How save a game ? I can go to the menu and I need enter a name of the save game, but ... I CANNOT type any letter ...

Can you help me ???

Many thanks ...