spvDuke3d [v0.4c]...with Sound/Music now!

Guest roozbeh

Guest brainstabber

hmm i installed it but its very slowly

can even play so slow.. when i push a button 4 secs later my phone responds

anyone knows why? i have a SPV c500.. had the same with Quake and Doom

Guest xenophobe

Do you have the updated ROM? Those issues were fixed for your phone with them.

I have a SMT 5600, Quake freezes, but Doom plays fine, and Duke3D does when you change the DUKE3D.cfg file and set GAPI=0

Guest brainstabber
Do you have the updated ROM?  Those issues were fixed for your phone with them. 

I have a SMT 5600, Quake freezes, but Doom plays fine, and Duke3D does when you change the DUKE3D.cfg file and set GAPI=0

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

xeno, i thought that already

but i live in holland and there is no dutch rom update yet :frown: :evil:

and i tried to set my regional settings to UK, does'nt work either, coz the installer says the phone still is dutch :| very strange

so i have to wait for a dutch rom update

Guest brainstabber
Did you edit the configuration file and set GAPI=0....  it's been said three times on this page alone so I figure you tried this already.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no sorry did'nt noticed

i will try it now thx :lol:

Ahh just wanna say , this port ROXXXXXX it's the best ported game ever !

I show it to all my friends to show what my E200 can do :lol:

Of course ... they all know this classic so they're blown away !!!

thanks again Roozbeh for all the effort you have put in..

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Tinnus

I'd like to get the sources for this port. I wanna take a look at and use them for a port I'm working on and the GNU GPL (General Public License, which this game's code is covered by) as published by the FSF (Free Software Foundation) and distributed with the official game source code release from 3D Realms grants me access to it (section 3, quoted below).

3.  You may copy and distribute the Program (or a work based on it, under Section 2) in object code or executable form under the terms of Sections 1 and 2 above provided that you also do one of the following:

a) Accompany it with the complete corresponding machine-readable source code, which must be distributed under the terms of Sections 1 and 2 above on a medium customarily used for software interchange; or,

:D Accompany it with a written offer, valid for at least three years, to give any third party, for a charge no more than your cost of physically performing source distribution, a complete machine-readable copy of the corresponding source code, to be distributed under the terms of Sections 1 and 2 above on a medium customarily used for software interchange; or,

c) Accompany it with the information you received as to the offer to distribute corresponding source code. (This alternative is allowed only for noncommercial distribution and only if you received the program in object code or executable form with such an offer, in accord with Subsection b above.)

From http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Edited by Tinnus

Guest Tinnus

I'm just asking for the source code and making it clear that I'm at right to do this. As I've seen the author say once that "the Duke3D sources aren't under any license as far as I know" (not exactly his words) and I wanted to clarify him that it's indeed under GPL, which means he must make the source available (always or under request from anyone) if he releases a binary, as to comply with the license.

Guest roozbeh

Hi after 4-5 month again!!

well it was really busy days for me...

and also i lost my charger so it took me really time to buy one and now back to work!!

about source ports....duke engine is not licensed and only 3d realms part of the game is licensed in gpl.

Anyway as i believe in open source i will release sources forsure.

So is anybody here can make a good looking site for me for this game and all other games to put them there!

someone did a really good job in making a perfeckt site for me but infortuanatly he didnt send me files so i have to start again....

thanks in advance!

Guest Tinnus
about source ports....duke engine is not licensed and only 3d realms part of the game is licensed in gpl.

Anyway as i believe in open source i will release sources forsure.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually no. If you're referring to the Build Engine, it has its license included in the official source distribution in the author's website. Part of it is quoted below:

BUILD SOURCE CODE LICENSE TERMS:                            06/20/2000

[1]I give you permission to make modifications to my Build source and

distribute it, BUT:

[2] Any derivative works based on my Build source may be distributed ONLY

through the INTERNET.

[3] Distribution of any derivative works MUST be done completely FREE of

charge - no commercial exploitation whatsoever.

[4] Anything you distribute which uses a part of my Build Engine source

code MUST include:

[A] The following message somewhere in the archive:

// "Build Engine & Tools" Copyright © 1993-1997 Ken Silverman

// Ken Silverman's official web site: "http://www.advsys.net/ken"

// See the included license file "BUILDLIC.TXT" for license info.

This text file "BUILDLIC.TXT" along with it.

[C] Any source files that you modify must include this message as well:

// This file has been modified from Ken Silverman's original release

Anyway, I'd be happy with only your Duke3D code, which (not wanting to be rude) you must provide. I know you're saying you'll release it "for sure", but I've read a lot about this port and you're saying this for months and no sign of the source code.

I can finish my port without this code of course, but I think your additions would be of great help. You should make the sources public (if you have problems with code under another license, change it or simply only release the part with no license trouble. I'd be happy with it too), if you truly believe in open source and freeware.

I bet there are a lot of people that'd be happy if you shared your sources to help me. :D

Guest roozbeh

as i told many time i dont like to release them like this,i want them to be released on my site and the only problem in these times was no one would likle to participate in making me a site,even the simpleset!as i really lack the time for designing htmls!

as you see also there is no requirements for distributing build codes!as i myself also asked authurs and other porters!

also some parts of codes i used are under another licenses and i cannot publish them too,the only thing here is required is some times for me to make required modifications to sources and then to release them!

and in anyway and any conditions i dont see myself obligated to anything.

so again i can say i will release them but the exact time is not known!

Guest Tinnus

The GPL (license for the Duke3D code, not Build) says you must make the sources available as soon as you release binaries... as I quoted before:

3.  You may copy and distribute the Program (or a work based on it, under Section 2) in object code or executable form under the terms of Sections 1 and 2 above provided that you also do one of the following:

a) Accompany it with the complete corresponding machine-readable source code, which must be distributed under the terms of Sections 1 and 2 above on a medium customarily used for software interchange; or,

:D Accompany it with a written offer, valid for at least three years, to give any third party, for a charge no more than your cost of physically performing source distribution, a complete machine-readable copy of the corresponding source code, to be distributed under the terms of Sections 1 and 2 above on a medium customarily used for software interchange; or,

c) Accompany it with the information you received as to the offer to distribute corresponding source code. (This alternative is allowed only for noncommercial distribution and only if you received the program in object code or executable form with such an offer, in accord with Subsection b above.)

I'm not wanting to be rude or anything, I really appreciate your work. It's just that it would be easier for me to work based on your code...

Just to show you my appreciation, I might code a *very* simple page to host your files, if you decide to release the sources.

Edited by Tinnus

• 1 month later...
Guest Splash'n'Dash

can anyone give me a definitive list of all key settings for a C500. What I mean is how can I assign jump to my volume up button (didnt work with the defaults) and how can I assign the call/hang up buttons etc... I can see how to do it but dont know the syntax

Cheers

Guest TheVirus

Using the save game early on in the thread (first 5 pages?) it works fine. I'll have the save file for years to come if anyone needs it.

[email protected]

Mainly for people looking for it down the road or if this forum messes up.

As of now the game is perfect. It made endcall bind to open/crouch on my PPC so I can actually play the game. Works great.

Hope you continue to work on this, if not release the source and I'll take a stab at doing some modifications, hopefully get a keyboard interface working since that can solve every problem.

Thanks

Guest eppo

Hey Tinnus and you think theyll rush into it and help youre sorry ass....

Jezus Christ quit harassing roozbeh, comming in here with your quoted texts and all youre other crap...

If you cant figure it out for youreself, dont go bothering other dedicated people...

Yeah I sure as hell know youre fully right but youre being a d*ck, threatening him with crap like

Maybe I should ask 3D Realms to make their product's license obeyed.

That really sucks man, get a life.... :evil:

Greetz EppO

ps and yes im not english so my writing may not be perfect....

Edited by eppo

Guest simon211175

Although this game runs at a decent speed on my C500, I cannot get the jump/crouch buttons to work. I'm just using the default settings, but they don't do anything. Anyone got any ideas - I've seen the same question asked a few times here, but not found any answer ;)

Guest Tinnus

I'm not "harassing roozbeh", yeah sorry if the last post sounded like a threat but you can't deny I'm right and, really nothing personal, I really admire his work, but he IS obligated to release the sources along with binaries according with the GPL.

Oh and don't call the GPL (which I quoted) "crap", it's a valid license which roozbeh is not complying with. I understand his reasons, there is some code there he can't distribute due to other licenses, but I'm only asking him to release what he can (legally).

Last note: my line about 3D Realms making their license obeyed is valid 'cause they are the people to do something if any action would be taken. Of course I'm not really going to ask them or anything (although I should) but I'm just wanting to let you know that although I do not have ANY personal problem with you guys or roozbeh for that matter, I want the source code and I'm at right to do that.

Sorry again for sounding rude... and I hope no hard feelings are left here.

Guest roozbeh
I'm not "harassing roozbeh", yeah sorry if the last post sounded like a threat but you can't deny I'm right and, really nothing personal, I really admire his work, but he IS obligated to release the sources along with binaries according with the GPL.

Oh and don't call the GPL (which I quoted) "crap", it's a valid license which roozbeh is not complying with. I understand his reasons, there is some code there he can't distribute due to other licenses, but I'm only asking him to release what he can (legally).

Last note: my line about 3D Realms making their license obeyed is valid 'cause they are the people to do something if any action would be taken. Of course I'm not really going to ask them or anything (although I should) but I'm just wanting to let you know that although I do not have ANY personal problem with you guys or roozbeh for that matter, I want the source code and I'm at right to do that.

Sorry again for sounding rude... and I hope no hard feelings are left here.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well this will be defently my last quata on this subject as i am really not that intrested in these talked before topics!

currently due to some reasons i havent had released any sources....but i hope i can remove all those not open-sources sources from my sources and so release them one after one!

and about threatening....just feel free to do anything if that satisfies you and apart from that if you think it is ok....we are living in free world!

anyway i am living in a no-copyright country so i might get used to do things in this way,which is completly seems wrong to you,so i am sorry and i cant do anything about that!

about c500 problems try seeing if you can get the codes of your buttons and changes the settings approperiatly....all can be done in cfg file

i think reading once a readme.txt file might help!

regards

roozbeh

Guest Tinnus

Hum... OK then. I think I understand you. I also don't want to start a fight here...

I guess I'll wait for when you decide to release the code... sorry for anything. ;)

Guest med3d

Can't find Duke3d.grp even in the 3dduke13.zip from the 3drealms ftp.

Can't find the .dmo too. (I'd like to see the demo)

Have they removed the Duke3d.grp file or what?

I can't wait to play this classic game.