spvDuke3d [v0.4c]...with Sound/Music now!

Guest roozbeh

Guest simon211175
about c500 problems try seeing if you can get the codes of your buttons and changes the settings approperiatly....all can be done in cfg file

i think reading once a readme.txt file might help!

Thanks - I tried that, when I pressed the volume buttons the code matched the setting in the config file - but they still don't register as being pressed. Regardless though, this is a minor issue as I have used different keys to jump/crouch/change weapon and it all works wonderfully now ;)

Guest roozbeh

a new version is availble!

this is mostly bug fixed version but i think the speed is also better and also key navigation!

also you can now use ziped group files this way you can increase the grp file size fown to almost 4mg!!

but i only recomend this if you are 2003 user which they've got more memories!

also be sure to adjust the cachememory before using the software!

have fun!

Guest yarod_g14

Hi People,

First off, I would like to offer a- clap, cheer and shout for Roozbeh.

If I lived near you I would buy you beer (lots) and Curry for all your hard work.

If you ever come to London, Im sure many people would.

Has anyone got this working on a HTC magician?

The old version I had worked ok. This one falls over @ the menu. After laoding, I get a black screen, hear something, then the device hangs and I have to reset.

I have amended my cfg in numerous ways but I still get black screen.

Thinking back......maybe I used to play this on my XDA 2 not my magician.

I am going to post this on pocketgamer forums as well as it seems that is the place for PPC users.....

If anyone has got a way round this, I really want to play this game.

I managed to complete Doom 1 and 2 on my E200 on the way to work. I was hoping for a similar satisfying experience with duke.

Thanks

Guest roozbeh

It is highly possible that is becouse of lots of changes i made to sources in a very rapid way....

anyway i will try to find the bug and fix it.....soon

Guest Poolkv

Can someone share the .grp file, because i can't seem to get it.

It's all because you've got to have a older version of Windows on your computer to install the game.

By the way ... can i play this game on my mpx 200 ??

• 1 month later...
Guest Jamma14

Hey roozbeh, for the config file, I'm just wondering what names you use for all the keys.

In particular green and red call buttons? And left and right softkeys? And home and back keys??

Thanks,

James.

PS. I've heard you're getting downheartened about the response to your ports, don't they're gr8! :)

Guest midgetdiablo

Hey are you guys getting any problems with the music? all i hear are some really static muzzly sounds which is really annoying. is that all its sposed to be?

• 1 month later...
Guest Amazing User

Hi everyone especiallly to Roozbeh :)

Hope this thread is still active... I just love playing and showing off SPVDuke3D on my Voyager... the Smartphone community i am a regular at recently had a poll "Whats the best game you ever played in your Smartphone?" Of course I voted for SPVDuke3D... ;)

That topic amde me try playing the game again .. i stopped playing it a few months ago bec I could never get past level 1...

and here lies the reason for my post today... (bear w/ me, this is going to be pathetic.. :oops: )

.. Is there ANYWAY i can activate the cheats in this games like i can in the PC version? Yes... i admit it..! its the only way can finish these FBS games.. by using GODMODE... I admit it.. im a pathetic excuse for a gamer!! :oops: :cry: :oops:

So is there a way? maybe a patch? Roozbeh?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I have installed it on my SPV C550.

When i load it's it loads perfect but then i get a black screen.

But i can hear the music and when i press * i can hear the shooting only i aint seeing anything on my display???

PLEASE HELP

@jspv:

can you please try wolf3d on wolf3d 1st post(new version)and see if it works perfect on c550?

if it is ok i'll try duke and sw for c550 afterwards!

about cheats i bleieve there are cheats...i think you have to enable them by running program with some arguments.....i'll check this out soon and probable a patch will also do it :o

@jspv:

can you please try wolf3d on wolf3d 1st post(new version)and see if it works perfect on c550?

if it is ok i'll try duke and sw for c550 afterwards!

about cheats i bleieve there are cheats...i think you have to enable them by running program with some arguments.....i'll check this out soon and probable a patch will also do it :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fraid I've tried the full version exe rooz and it crashes on me - screen just goes black and only the music keys can get it out of it.

EDIT: Sorry this is about Wolf3d - somehow I got it in the wrong thread! :roll: :o

Edited by Jamma14

roozbeh, I can get Duke3D to work on the C550 if I set 'UsingGapi = 0' in the config file. There is a display (assumed 220x176) centered on the screen and the game runs and plays OK within that display. Only problem is that the game is evidently running larger than the display as all the pictures and menu's are shown as cropped. The speed of the game is good :o

i cant get those Multikeys to work..

I've set this

Multi1="Call"

inventory= "Multikey1+1"

inventory-right="Multikey1+2"

Inventory-right="Multikey1+3

etc..

What am i doing wrong???

I've set this

Multi1="Call"

inventory= "Multikey1+1"

etc..

What am i doing wrong???

** sorry for double posting **

Edited by T-Shot

I've set this

Multi1="Call"

inventory= "Multikey1+1"

etc..

What am i doing wrong???

** sorry for double posting **

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't know, never felt the need to use multikeys as I feel there are enought keys on the phone for all the functions I want. Sorry. :(

Just posted again to clarify Martin's findings, setting UsingGapi to zero makes it able to run. Rooz, there is a 176x220 display in the middle of the screen with a black border around it (like many games etc) but as was said, the actual screen size the game is displaying in is clearly larger - I assume 240x320 - we only see about 60% of the action from the top left to middle.

If you can just get the window (or whatever the terminology is :o ) size to be 240x320, then it should work okay as the game seems to be running in the correct res.

About multkeys you are using them wrongly

just define multikey and for keys you have to use letters for example "A" .we dont have anything like "multikey1+a" just "a"...

read the first post of this thread you will see the example!

well i think somehow i am solving the problem...can anyone confirm wolf now works on c550 or not?

Edited by roozbeh

Rooz, I've managed to acquire a copy of Duke 3D Atomic edition because I enjoyed the shareware episode, and was looking to play it on my phone.

Problem is, it compiles and includes all the con files etc and then the screen just goes black. I can hear the sounds and things and can quit if I press the right combination of buttons, but it is just not displaying the menu or game at all.

All I've done is taken the 40mb or so grp file and the rest of the files in your rar.

Will I need different con files or a different config file etc?

EDIT: Keep in mind this is still using the 550 with UsingGapi set to zero, but I don't see why the full version should display differently to the shareware one on the 550.

Edited by Jamma14

i dont know...

but as far as i remember i've also managed to play full version too in my phone!

anyway this weekend i will make duke c550 friendly!

i will give atomic version a test too!

ps :is full version atomic version?i know my version have all three episodes!

i dont know...

but as far as i remember i've also managed to play full version too in my phone!

anyway this weekend i will make duke c550 friendly!

i will give atomic version a test too!

ps :is full version atomic version?i know my version have all three episodes!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeh I think there are different kinds of full versions but the one I have is called Duke Nukem Atomic Edition - would be great if you could make it compatible with that.

Anyway just getting the shareware in QVGA would be great! Cheers for all the work Rooz, tis appreciated. :o

EDIT: Ok, THIS explains all about the Atomic Edition stuff.

Edited by Jamma14

Hello all,

I have an Qtek 8310 with Windows Mobile 5 on it (no kidding), and my friend a T-Mobile MDA Pro, also with WM5. We tried to get the duke running but it didn't work even after we edited the duke3d.cfg file to our screen resolutions (240x320,640x480)

We see the game initialising but after that a black screen nothing else. Tried with the GRP file of Duke 3D Atomic and the normal version (1.3)

Help us out :o