spvDuke3d [v0.4c]...with Sound/Music now!

Guest roozbeh

Guest Jamma14
Hi again everybody!

Just sorry for being so busy and not being around!

i was really busy studying lots of thing for my exams!

so i prepered a new one today!

here is a new duke which i think is ready for gvga!

it passed my tests on imate1 and also qvga emulators i dont know about read device so please post any problems or bugs you encounter

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Roozbeh, great to see you back mate, ;) don't worry we all understand about exams and stuff, cheers for this release...I'll be sure to test it when I can get to a computer with activesync. Thought that hard drive trouble might have put an end to all of your source code but glad it wasn't so.

Out of interest have you managed to test it with the full version?

James

Guest martin

It's good to hear from you roozbeh ;)

I've tried the Duke download on my C550 but after initialising, it goes to a black screen :?: Any ideas ?

Guest roozbeh

;)

does it exit normally or it requires soft reset?

besides in blackscreen have you pressed keys and ....?

can you see if spvdukenukemcrash.txt is create in root?

also try changing cachememory = "-2500" to cachememory = "3000" in duke.cfg file..

Guest martin
;)

does it exit normally or it requires soft reset?

besides in blackscreen have you pressed keys and ....?

can you see if spvdukenukemcrash.txt is create in root?

also try changing cachememory = "-2500" to cachememory = "3000" in duke.cfg file..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The first time it exited normally (i think :| )I then changed the cachememory from 2700 to 3000 but I still go the black screen of death ;) When I pressed down on the action button, I finally got a crash error which I've attached.

spvDuke3D_Crash.txt_11_03_2006_18_20_08.txt

Guest roozbeh

i've changed that file.

can you please check it.

also if problem still exist please post spvduke.log create in duke directory too!

thnx

Guest roozbeh

well everything from log seems ok!

when blackscreen apears try pressing lots of times a key and wait for somehow 1min and try that again....

see if anything changes?

i am suspecting gapi for problem as it appears the game is working in background....i will prepeare another version....

Guest roozbeh

Well this one hopefully works...

if not change usinggapi to 0 and put diffrent values into cachememory and see if works!

Edited by roozbeh

Guest martin

Roozbeh, I think I've find out what's going on.

I run Duke on a imate SP5 (WM5) and it worked :shock: Only thing I noticed was that there was no sound as it was disabled in the menu. Also when you exit you get a crash report although that might be deliberate.

I did hard reset of my SPV C550 and tried duke again and I still get the black screen so it could be something to do with WM 2003 SE ?

I'll try the new download on the SPV C550.

Guest martin

New download still doesn't work on the C550, same black screen after initialisation. I cant test for sound/menus as we now know the sound is disabled in the game.

Changing cache didn't seem to make any difference.

Just about to try gapi=0 now .

Guest 171235_1437909563

hello

i've just tested duke3d ;)

this is a really really great thing you've done there, and congratulations for it

[i'm just sorry that nobody understands that action games on smartphones are not the best games to play... because nobody can control it as good as with a mouse... why not civilization ore something like that ??]

well, i just wanted to say it works quite fine with no sound on my spvc600 (one freeze on the entry on the theater, one time)

i've a 6800 in memory values, and 50 fps on my c600 without overclocking (180 MHz)

with 275 MHz (verified with tcpmp, thanks to the great omapclock ;) ), 72 fps, and no slow downs with explosions :(

but no music :)

FXDevice = 0

MusicDevice = 13

works : I have the sounds !!!!

but no music :

FXDevice = 0

MusicDevice = 0

give a black screen at the start

FXDevice = 13

MusicDevice = 0

lets the game working with no sound (of course) but no music...

i have Timidity_Dir = "\Storage Card\timidity"

(and the unzipped timidity in it)

any ideas ?

Edited by 171235_1437909563

Guest martin

Thanks roozbeh, GAPI=0 has got it working on the C550 ;)

Possible new bug: That back arrow key is not working in the game so I can get back to the menu or get out of the menu. This problem occurs with both C550 and imate SP5. The back arrow on previous download worked OK.

Guest roozbeh

thnks martin & ron for testing...

can you send me the log with gapi=1?

no sound no music was my purpose for now...i'll test sound and then music again!

i think the problem is becouse i let sdl do anything and deleted all my gapi codes,i think i again have to rewrite them back.

have you had problems with any games in c550 becouse of gapi?

maybe there is a known bug related?

also is those devices being checked were qvga?so is qvga working?

so ron does sound works?

also what happens when music is active...game crashes or just no music?

Edited by roozbeh

Guest martin

I believe there is a GAPI issue with the C550 and there are quite a few (including commercial) games that don't work as they give graphical display problems. Duke on the imate SP5 seems to be happy with GAPI=1 so it must have been fixed.

I have attached the log file of the C550 with GAPI=1. I only entered the main menu and then exited the menu (all done within a black screen).

BTW The backspace key still doesn't work in the game to get back to the menu ;)

spvDukeNukem.rar

Guest martin

As éron points out,

FXDevice = 13, MusicDevice = 13 gives nothing (game play OK)

FXDevice = 0, MusicDevice = 13 gives sound (game play OK)

FXDevice = 13, MusicDevice = 0 gives nothing (game play OK). For this I took a MIDI file and placed it in \Storage Card\debug\timidity and called the file timidity.

Guest roozbeh

well i think now it should work in both gapi and windib on c550.

but if not so the only way is usinggapi =0

i tested music,there was a bug i think now it should work.

anyway i included timidity in rar file and my timidity.cfg file.

if you copy that into \storage card it should work just fine.

or just change timidity_dir in duke3d.cfg file.

so if you look at directory hiararchy it should be like this

\Storage Card\

\Storage Card\timidity\

\Storage Card\timidity\timidity.cfg

\Storage Card\timidity\instruments\

\Storage Card\timidity\instruments\all those *.pat files

so you dont need any mid files anywhere....

if no music played again please post .log file

spvDuke3D.rar

Edited by roozbeh

Guest 171235_1437909563

the music works but with these settings, really too mluch noise, not good to hear... i'm gonna try the other settings

tomorrow ;)

thx !!!

Guest martin

roozbeh, I don't what you've changed but Duke is now working fine with GAPI=1 ;) Sound is working good too.

I copied all the .pat files in the instruments directory but the music is not playing properly. The game is trying to play something but it just sound likes a lot of noise and nothing like music :( I have attached the game log file.

Duke on full screen looks awesome ;)

spvDukeNukem.rar

Guest 171235_1437909563

no i don't like the full screen mode, too much stretched on my c600

i prefer playing with black borders (width 240 height 180)

have you changed anything in this way on the last archive ? i dont have black borders anymore, but my win mobile...

Guest roozbeh

well good to see now it is working...

about music,i really dont know why...but here it plays smooth and perfect.

maybe something is wrong with your .pat files?are you sure you have all of them.

it is something about 10-11mb i think.

besides game creates a tmpsong.mid file in duke directory can you play it and see if the music is ok?

maybe that happens becouse of cpu speed.if there is anyway you can lower the speed,test that and see anything changes.

also try increasing MixRate to 22000 and see if it become better,also changing NumChannels to 2

i'll try to fix that too.

Edited by roozbeh

Guest 171235_1437909563

timidity dir : 17 megs downloaded on the first page of your topic... good path, because i have the music, but the sound is awful

increasing the mixrate : no changes

changing numchannels : no changes

lowering the cpu speed : no changes from 100 MHz to 288 MHz (just the speed of the game...)

the .mid tmp file works great !

have you changed anything on the video ?

now when i set resolution to 240*180, i have no blac borders, bur the win mobile view in the borders

(i do it because i dont like stretched images, and because it is faster (70fps !!!) )

thx

++

Guest Jamma14

Roozbeh, latest version is looking amazing and working well on my c550. Only problem is there are occasional moments of slowdown that there didn't used to be on my sp3i, do you think this'd just be due to the bigger screen? What could I do to quicken it up, bump up the cache mem a bit perhaps??

Thanks, James