spvDuke3d [v0.4c]...with Sound/Music now!

Guest roozbeh

Guest roozbeh

i an tryin to make doom legacy multiplayer as i spend lots of my time keeping those multiplayer codes remain

but the greatest problem is that i have e100 and so no bluetooth

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest kopkings

If its even(or ever becomes possible)you could always use the gprs internet and connect to the another phone or even a make programme that you put on your pc and make a pc a dedicated server. Basically a bit like when you play a multiplayer game on pc you connect to a server. Wouldnt it be a bit difficult to do a phone game with bluetooth connection you could only play with people that are 10m away from from you, whilst if somehow(if its even possible) connect using the orange gprs that is on the phone and connecting to a server and playing doom against people around the world.

Guest mike-oh

Forget Doom!! This is BRILLIANT!!

Running it on my MPX200 a few seconds (thats all) of no response/fps then it's fine i reckon around 10-15fps easy. I'd love for the sound to work tho so we can hear Duke's wicked quotes.

oh yeh n i've the full version working too :)

Guest unclelimey
Forget Doom!! This is BRILLIANT!!

Running it on my MPX200 a few seconds (thats all) of no response/fps then it's fine i reckon around 10-15fps easy. I'd love for the sound to work tho so we can hear Duke's wicked quotes.

oh yeh n i've the full version working too :)

i cant get it to work, i have all the files the rooz said to have in his first post.. and i have the full version... it starts to load up, you see all the text, then the screen goes black and returns to the games menu on my phone

Guest mike-oh

It did this to me the 1st time too.

Make sure you clear as much memory up as possible to start with.

Oh BTW i've no graphic corruption either :)

Guest unclelimey
It did this to me the 1st time too.

Make sure you clear as much memory up as possible to start with.

Oh BTW i've no graphic corruption either :)

yeah, i rebooted the phone to clear up max memory, but it still does the same

im using an e200

Guest namiran

this is so cool! does anyone know if quake runs at the same fps rate?

well now that i've played it a while, its a cool show off, but the "thinking" thingy comes forth every now and then and then my smartphone just thinks...i have a qtek 7070 (e100)...so i guess i wont be finishing of the game om my smartphone atleast :)

Guest durk1482

I finished lvl1 but since you cant crouch (yet), you are stuck in the beginng of lvl 2...

I'm sorry, didnt find any more bugs since my last post.

Guest AvWijk

Excellent! I've been looking forward to this since I found Doom for the smartphone. I always played Duke3D in my childhood. Hope you soon can add sound, save/load, just as good as the Doom version :lol:

Is it possible to add an option that you can play home-made maps? I was and still am very active building custom maps :)

Guest dnavarro77

For those that want to be able to crouch and jump (or change the keys), you can edit the .cfg file in the port to enable or change controls.

D

Guest meatgrinder

one small suggestion roozbeh:

if at all possible, could the game be played in lanscape rahter than portrait, then we could hav the volume up/down and camera keys bound to (perhaps) jump/crouch and shoot, joystick to move around and 1-6 for guns and the rest for look up/look down/etc

i think this would work really well :), plus, the game would feel widescreen (not a larger field of view) but, personally, i think it would be better to run it lanscape rather than squashed horizontally and stretched vertically :lol:.

btw, gr8 work, i LOVE THIS PORT, finally, my old atomic edition cd can actually DO something :lol:.

p.s maybe you could port the setup file, so that we can run custom maps? (or tell us the parameter used to load a custom map file - if you need a custom map, i can provide you with one) :lol:

thanks agian roozbeh, gr8 work

Dave

Guest AvWijk
For those that want to be able to crouch and jump (or change the keys), you can edit the .cfg file in the port to enable or change controls.

D

yeah, but how do you call the left- or right softkey in the CFG file?

Guest meatgrinder

:roll:

its not impossible m8 - how do other games bind the softkeys? it might require slight tweaking, but do try not to be so negative, or attempt to be all smartarse either.

dont they bind the keys using (not sure of the name :) ) codes, i.e. 0x10 and 0x11 for volume up and volume down. (again, that might not be 100% accurate, its off hte top of my head)

Dave

[EDIT]

The post i'm replying too has changed, it wasnt worded quite as innoffensively as it was originally, and he has also included a quote, so it looks asthough his reply wasnt aimed at me. he has also changed the whole point of the post, it was originally talking about the volume up and volume down keys - in reply to my suggestion.

Guest sadistsly

Yes, its not as straight forward as setting the PC .cfg file, we dont know what each of the keys on phone are reconised as in rooz's port, we could do with a Key Map Rooz :)

Guest meatgrinder

yup, we could indeed, although a quick scan throught he cfg file would tell us that the volume up/down keys (which are bound to lookup/lookdown atm) are being recognised as :).

then its only a case of switching this around with other controls - that is of course, if the cfg file is operating correctly, as i do not think that vol up/vol down are regular keyboard characters, as the cfg suggests. interesting :lol:

Dave

Guest roozbeh

if i find time i will change it myself but here is my suggestions....

first note that you cannot override # and * for now as i hardcoded them...but here is list of wat you m8 need

# f9

* f8

sofkey1 f1

sofkey2 f2

volume down f7

volume up f6

record f10

so if you want to assume something to record change value of f10

and sorry you cannot also change volume down and up.....hardcoded too!

Guest evilminky

tried changing both soft keys to jump and crouch, but they still do the same things, which i think is a help menu and a save menu. But the thing is when i press it it goes onto either of these menus but when i come out it looks like the jump has been perfomered (screen reacts suitably) but why does the menu still come up?

Guest roozbeh

m8 be fault of original game....as they never thought anybody asign jumb to f9 for example!!!!

so in anyway it does what they wanted f9 to do.....

might fix it tonight....