spvDuke3d [v0.4c]...with Sound/Music now!

Guest roozbeh

Guest CharlyV
charlyv,

yes i have plans,but...i wish a day was 48hr instead of 24!

Thanks for the good news. ;)

PS: I have the same problem with our software :P

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dpeace

What a great idea this port is!

I'm very close to getting 0.4f up and running on my WM5 Pocket PC - it's a JasJar / HTC Universal VGA device with a keyboard. Using the full Atomic GRP.

Unfortunately, I can't get Duke to run in landscape mode. If I set the config to Landscape = 1 or 2 while the device is in portrait mode, I get a crash. If the device is in Landscape mode (the mode I want to run in, as this means that the keyboard is open), Landscape mode 0 gives me a peculiar hazy portrait graphic in triplicate (I can get a screenshot if this would help). Landscape Modes 1 & 2 give me the horizontally squashed portrait display. In both portrait and landscape alignments, the display resolution is correctly reported during the boot process (640 x 480). I've tried forcing this resolution, which makes no difference.

I've tried GAPI on or off, although it really needs to be on for a decent frame rate.

Has anyone got Duke running in landscape mode on a Jasjar? What settings did you use?

TIA,

Darren

Edited by dpeace

Guest renek

I have a problem, on my Qtek 8310 it runs just in the middle of the screen, like MPX 220 games, not using the whole screen...

Anybody knows how to solve this?

Guest nastassja

i am trying to run this on my qtek 8310 (imate sp5) and it runs ok, but the screen size is not correct. i tried to play with the screensize and screenheight and weight with no luck.. can the game be run at full screen qvga 240x320? (Portrait Mode)

i didn't even try landscape mode because then pressing the keys is like very difficult and the game gets unplayable.

*edit* same problem in landscape, i cant get a real full screen.. its like it does not support qvga *edit*

Edited by nastassja

• 1 month later...
Guest kurtangletn

Hey, I love the port. Its smooth and the graphics are perfect!

I am new to PPC's and don't really know the name of my buttons on it, to configure it with the .cfg file..

I run a dell axim x51..

Dell%20Axim%20X51v.jpg

As you can see the buttons there...

Move around with the stylus, and shoot (if possible) by tapping? (dont think its possible?)

Not sure if this is all possible but can anyone help me set it up like this.... (From left to right)

Button 1= Change guns up

Button 2= Use (or enter a door)

Middle= Move Duke around

Middle inside button= Jump (or shoot if the tap is not possible)

Button 3= Crawl

Button 4= ESC

Thanks agian, hopefully somone can clear my confusion..

Guest darthklu

Hej I have SPV c600

i run Duke Nukem3D for SmartPhones/Pocket PCs [v0.4b] and i have black screen. when i change UsingGapi = from 1 to 0 and finaly game has work very good. 50 fps. But screen is very small.

Next a get v0.4f and i see it going start full screen 240x320 but i have black screen when game start, Changes UsingGapi 1 or 0, doesn't work. What shoud i do ?

------------------------------------------------

OK it's work. I delete everithink i install once again. Change Gapi to 0.

I use GRP from atomic version and dont't work because c600 has to low memory, With GRP from shareware version game finaly wokr very good. 40 Fps with sound.

Duke is awsome. Now i trying to run Quake.

It's work but screen is very small and i wish it be full screen just like duke 240x320.

Edited by darthklu

• 2 weeks later...
Guest astuermer
@renek,please post your log file

hi roozbeh

can you please contact me?

i can`t reach you via email...

best regards, andreas

www.starfishdesign.at

Guest mikeeey

for me when i play itl be at the grey screen loading everything up and then when its done loading it just stays black. its playing the game cuz i hear the demos at hte begining and i can move up and down on hte menu but it displays nothing. any idea how to fix this?

Guest mikeeey
for me when i play itl be at the grey screen loading everything up and then when its done loading it just stays black. its playing the game cuz i hear the demos at hte begining and i can move up and down on hte menu but it displays nothing. any idea how to fix this?

nvm i fixed it but now its 176x128 resolution in the middle of the screen and doesnt chow everything

Guest mikeeey
nvm i fixed it but now its 176x128 resolution in the middle of the screen and doesnt chow everything

YES I GOT IT TO WORK! roozbeh u should replace the .rar u put on the first comment with ur most recent post 2 pages back. that .rar works perfect. music,sound, everything!

thanks!!!

Guest mikeeey
YES I GOT IT TO WORK! roozbeh u should replace the .rar u put on the first comment with ur most recent post 2 pages back. that .rar works perfect. music,sound, everything!

thanks!!!

does anyone know the name of the home key and green key for editing the .cfg file?

i know the the:

left softkey = F1

right softkey= F2

Red button = F4

and the rest of the buttons are obious.

Edited by mikeeey

Guest adolfotregosa
What a great idea this port is!

I'm very close to getting 0.4f up and running on my WM5 Pocket PC - it's a JasJar / HTC Universal VGA device with a keyboard. Using the full Atomic GRP.

Unfortunately, I can't get Duke to run in landscape mode. If I set the config to Landscape = 1 or 2 while the device is in portrait mode, I get a crash. If the device is in Landscape mode (the mode I want to run in, as this means that the keyboard is open), Landscape mode 0 gives me a peculiar hazy portrait graphic in triplicate (I can get a screenshot if this would help). Landscape Modes 1 & 2 give me the horizontally squashed portrait display. In both portrait and landscape alignments, the display resolution is correctly reported during the boot process (640 x 480). I've tried forcing this resolution, which makes no difference.

I've tried GAPI on or off, although it really needs to be on for a decent frame rate.

Has anyone got Duke running in landscape mode on a Jasjar? What settings did you use?

TIA,

Darren

Well, same problem here. It would be great if we could use gapi in landspace (with gapi off it works , with gapi on it does that triple display) because of the frame rate. in portait it runs with good fps when gapi is on.

Edited by adolfotregosa

Well, same problem here. It would be great if we could use gapi in landspace (with gapi off it works , with gapi on it does that triple display) because of the frame rate. in portait it runs with good fps when gapi is on.

i dont understand why u would want landscape on a smartphone when the controls are ALL on one side. i mean i can understand if there were buttons on the left and right side of the screen but when theres buttons only on the right (or left) then that makes it really hard to play.

Guest adolfotregosa
i dont understand why u would want landscape on a smartphone when the controls are ALL on one side. i mean i can understand if there were buttons on the left and right side of the screen but when theres buttons only on the right (or left) then that makes it really hard to play.

JASJAR :D lol is a pocket pc ( mini laptop ) http://www.qtek.com.pt/index.php?option=co...=53〈=pt

JASJAR :D lol is a pocket pc ( mini laptop ) http://www.qtek.com.pt/index.php?option=co...=53〈=pt

roozbeh hav u heard of or seen the "Duke Nukem High Resolution Pack"? they've made everything on duke nukem 3d much better.

click

to see. its the first level of the first episode.

anyway possible this could be ported to smartphone? my guess is no but u never know...

as u can see tho theres glitches and bugs to be fixed, but its pretty close to done

Edited by mikeeey

yeah, your last posted duke version (prev. page) was the first working for me (at least on-screen.) could now someone tell me the key-mappings for the buttons. (i can walk around and shoot on-screen using this CFG -File : (was running at ~30 FPS)

[KeyDefinitions_Landscape]

Move_Forward = "Up" ""

Move_Backward = "Down" ""

Turn_Left = "Left" ""

Turn_Right = "Right" ""

Strafe = "" ""

Fire = "Endcall" ""

Open = "SoftKey1" ""

Run = "" ""

AutoRun = "" ""

Jump = "SoftKey2" ""

Crouch = "" ""

Look_Up = "" ""

Look_Down = "" ""

Look_Left = "" ""

Look_Right = "" ""

Strafe_Left = "" ""

Strafe_Right = "" ""

Aim_Up = "" ""

Aim_Down = "" ""

Inventory = "" ""

Inventory_Left = "" ""

Inventory_Right = "" ""

Holo_Duke = "" ""

Jetpack = "" ""

NightVision = "" ""

MedKit = "" ""

TurnAround = "" ""

SendMessage = "" ""

Map = "" ""

Shrink_Screen = "" ""

Enlarge_Screen = "" ""

Center_View = "" ""

Holster_Weapon = "" ""

Show_Opponents_Weapon = "" ""

Map_Follow_Mode = "" ""

See_Coop_View = "" ""

Mouse_Aiming = "" ""

Toggle_Crosshair = "" ""

Steroids = "" ""

Quick_Kick = "`" ""

Next_Weapon = "" ""

Previous_Weapon = "." ""

Original_F1 = "" ""

Original_F2 = "" ""

Original_F3 = "" ""

Original_F4 = "" ""

Original_F5 = "" ""

Original_F6 = "" ""

Original_F7 = "" ""

Original_F8 = "" ""

Original_F9 = "" ""

Original_F10 = "" ""

Multi1 = "Call" ""

i used the same key-mappings for landscape 1 and 2 via copy and paste, but none of the keys (except the middle joystick/navi-button) were working, could anyone tell me the real key-mappings for Calendar, Todo, notes, adresses and the record/memo-button ?

thanks for help.

(i'm using a Yakumo Delta 400 running PPC2003 with 15mb free ram at automatic mode)

I have this working on my Vario II in landscape mode with sound, so full marks to roozbeh. However the only keys that work are the directional keys, either on the keyboard or on the Dpad. Looked at the config file but can't figure out what to enter to get the keys working. Has anyone got this working on a Wizard or Hermes, or give me some clues about how to setup the keys?

I have this working on my Vario II in landscape mode with sound, so full marks to roozbeh. However the only keys that work are the directional keys, either on the keyboard or on the Dpad. Looked at the config file but can't figure out what to enter to get the keys working. Has anyone got this working on a Wizard or Hermes, or give me some clues about how to setup the keys?

well.. from that code u posted there it looks like nothing is set on the keypad.

heres my cfg config if it helps. its made the keypad easier and the game run much much better. theres been no bugs or glitches yet and anytime that the game would quit for people (such as the part at the pool table) it doesnt do that now. iv just decided to upload the .cfg file. just keep ur old one before trying this one:

sdadukevb2.png

o also forgot, the keypad when u press down on it opens and centers the screen.

Edited by mikeeey

well.. from that code u posted there it looks like nothing is set on the keypad.

heres my cfg config if it helps. its made the keypad easier and the game run much much better. theres been no bugs or glitches yet and anytime that the game would quit for people (such as the part at the pool table) it doesnt do that now. iv just decided to upload the .cfg file. just keep ur old one before trying this one:

o also forgot, the keypad when u press down on it opens and centers the screen.

Thanks Mikeeey, I appreciate that. However I have a PPC, which has a slide out keyboard. I have no buttons on the face of the phone and plan to use it in handset with the keyboard pulled out, but the letter assignments don't seem to match up.

Thanks Mikeeey, I appreciate that. However I have a PPC, which has a slide out keyboard. I have no buttons on the face of the phone and plan to use it in handset with the keyboard pulled out, but the letter assignments don't seem to match up.

o ok. yea sry i dont know how to fix that. maybe if i had a ppc i would but yea ul probably hav to ask roozbeh about that

OK my latest try gives the keys I have shown below. I put functions like look up, down, aim, strafe and the like on the keys that get numbered 1-9 in shift mode, but put in as the actualy letter keys, i.e. i,m,u,n, etc.

Anyhoo these keys seem to work but ONLY when shifted. In other words it will look up it I press shift-u, which correspons to a press of '2'. Very odd. Also, the only way I can fire is by using a screen tap. I was hopeing to use the 'space' key for fire, but maybe 'Spc' is not the correct shortcut. Ideally I need to know what the system records a press as and what the .cfg file 'reads' for the key presses.

Or hopefully someone who has this working on a Wizard or Hermes can let me know what they are using. Other than this little problem it is working brilliantly (exiting the program can be temperamental), looks great with sound.

[KeyDefinitions_Landscape1]

Move_Forward = "Left" ""

Move_Backward = "Right" ""

Turn_Left = "Down" ""

Turn_Right = "Up" ""

Strafe = "" ""

Fire = "F8" "Spc"

Open = "F9" ""

Run = "LShift" "RShift"

AutoRun = "CapLck" "a"

Jump = "A" "i"

Crouch = "Z" "m"