spvDuke3d [v0.4c]...with Sound/Music now!

Guest roozbeh

Guest dshaugney

roozbeh...you've done it again! Bloody amazing! As Drake pointed out it's a major improvement over the previous version! Loving the sound. I try and be a very humble person but now I'm gonna show it off to all my mates...

Thank you very much!

Guest roozbeh

thnaks drake for tips.....

i think if your title is corrupted you should have lookup.dat file in that directory...try removing it.....

about turning speed you can try changing these values...

Platform_Timer_HZ

TickRate

i dont currently quite done optimize them but you can speed up the game with changing them alot.....

(offcourse you drop some frames by increasing them.....)

i added that bug of screen flickering and so far havent found where it is related to....

but i think the v0.4 is better be a bug fix version.....

about music files the problem is i am on dialup and so i cannot download them and also there is no way i can buy it(if it is for selling)

so if anybody simply send me one file or 2 i can make them....

and you cannot play those mids....so i have to convert them to wavs.....

Guest roozbeh

well i updated it again....

i added nogapi option in cfg file and also some dialog for indicating of some problems added....

also i changed some settings in game cfg and i think now with sound fps is better

Guest zoegod

whoa! just installed the v.2b and now a newer 1 comes along! this must be my lucky week! thanx roozb. the 2b version works well on my SPV1/e100. will now try the v.3b

Guest roozbeh
btw roozbeh i could convert them to the same format ringtones use, isn't possible to use them if they are like ringtones.?

what do you mean by format of ringtones?

if they are wav they so i can use them very well......

Guest _Drake_

what do you mean by format of ringtones?

if they are wav they so i can use them very well......

midi's are very small and should use less cpu time,

notice that in your windows folder there are various midi files from small short sounds to ringtones, it is possible to playback normal midi's on a smartphone, but you have to convert them to midi format that a smartphone uses. wy not use converted midi's as the music sinds they wil sound much better than low quality wav's use less cpu time and will take much lesser space on your drive thus making it possible to include the game with as much music as in the original, but i'm not 100% sure if it is possible i'm stil looking for a good converter but i've not come across one that uses the midi format on smartphones.

Guest roozbeh

well if you can convert them to those midis it is very vert better...but i think sounds seems very ugly...

but do your tests and i they seems ok i can really use them....

Guest dnavarro77

Rooz, it appears (at least landscape 2) landscape does not work with the newest release. The previous version 2 works fine, but your newest version 3 looks like a bad TV set (wavy lines all over) in landscape mode. Other modes look ok. Not sure if it is just my phone. I am going back to your older version 3.

D

Guest dnavarro77

Rooz, version 3b definitely has a problem with landscape 2 (if not the other landscapes). This problem was not in version 3 (the first release) or in the previous versions of 1 and 2. I have now retested the older version of 3 and 2 with success in landscape 2. I am not sure if it is a config file problem, or what, but Duke will look like moving horizontal lines (like a bad TV set) when landscape 2 is set with this version. Non-Landscape mode works fine. Thx,

D

Guest mike-oh

Excuse me for being a complete tool but how do i change weapon? It's something to do with multikeys? Is this set to the call key as default?

I just get the error "bing" when i press it in game.

PS: This port rocks!! Thanks very much roozbeh! :P

*edit* so i've changed jump to 5 and next weapon to volumeup and things seem to be ok.

Turn speed is very slow though.

I've an mpx200 btw.

Cheers, mike

Guest roozbeh

thanks for bug on landscape i'll check it

about call button and bing...i didnt get what do you mean by bing....but it seems the problem is related to mpx try setting multikey to something else like softkeys

i'll check the landscape problem

Guest roozbeh

i fixed the bug on landscape modes....try downloading again....

can any mitac owners try testing game with usinggapi=0 option and see if it works perfect?

and also try using duke3d.grp.gz?i want to see if the speed is good on mitac or not and if not remove the zip support as it is very slow on my i-mate 1

you need to zip it with any zip program and rename it to .gz

Guest machieru

roozbeh when I press record for the map it jams my game and opens the camera anyhow and then its jams my phone 2 so I have to take out the battery before I can use my phone again :shock:

I have a SPV e200 the dutch version...

Guest ultimasnake

it's a qtek8080/spve200 bug.. or maybe even in all windows 2003 devices but the record button always does show the cam... i have a dutch e200 too :D you can juts edit the congif file and use another key instead of the cam key :P

Guest astuermer

For me Duke3D 0.3 works fine... for a few minutes, then the game quits without any display'd message and I am back in WM2003SE again...

Update: Game loads into Level 1, but immediately after shooting at the Gas-bottles on the roof it quits and returns to WM2003SE.

Guest roozbeh

well try using nogapi by setting usinggapi = 0 in duke.cfg file and see if it helps

and also try disabling sounds by setting FXDevice = 13 also try changing value of cachememory

if you have more than 5mg of free memory increase it......

Guest Cybertronic

How can I change the default screen size to the screen without the square box and which displays the ammo, guns etc? :oops:

It runs alot faster now :P

Thanks!

when i try and install the duke cab file it tells me :

Installation failed. The program or settings cannot be installed because it does not have adequate system permissions.

i can install other games, i have enought free space on my sd card.

im running wm2003 on a mpx200

anyone got this problem? how can i solve this?

Guest Cybertronic

I have a strange problem :?

Before I updated my E200's ROM I tried the 0.3b version, it worked fine, now I tried it again, in the first level after you drop down the fan ventilation, the game quits to the start menu :?

I've tried it with sound off, it's still the same, the only fix is to use 0.2b :D

Any solutions? :P

Guest zoegod

Question sir:

How do i activate crosshair feature like on the PC version?

thanx and more power.

version 3b works very well on my classic SPV

no problem encountered.