spvDuke3d [v0.4c]...with Sound/Music now!

Guest roozbeh

Guest Cybertronic

As for the grp files both the original(<26MB) and the atomic version(<44MB), as for your duke port all of your releases worked fine with my e100.

The thing is that its noticeably slower playing with sound, and some minor bugs can be experienced.

I tried the Atomic version on my SPV E200, sadly it doesn't work :P

When I open the game, it loads, then it shows a black blank screen for a couple of seconds then closes itself :D

Roozbeh, any chance of fixing the port to run full versions? :)

Guest milmarkg

@cybertronic

try this, run the game then when the screen loads continually press the d-stick (whichever direction) until the game screen loads.

this works for me...

Guest Cybertronic
@cybertronic

try this, run the game then when the screen loads continually press the d-stick (whichever direction) until the game screen loads.

this works for me...

Thanks, it worked for me :)

Guest schriss

First tried on Pocket PC and it works, it detects resolution (I think) and it WORKS NICE :)

There is some graphics corruption at the bottom of the screen, but it's nothing that would make it unplayable. Speed is not bad, ~60fps :P

I was able to map ENTER as Fire (arrow keys already worked), and so far that's it, but still trying to figure out how to map the rest of keys....

My biggest problem is that I can't get back to Menu, it's probably hardcoded for Smartphones to use hardware Back key :?

dukenukem3d.png

Guest schriss

I also entered landscape mode (WM2003SE) and then run DN3D - it switched itself to portrait and started just fine :-)

Another thing is that when I exit the game, it freezes the title bar, the top 1cm of the screen. Exactly the same happens to latest WisBar Advance, I think it's related to WM2003SE.

The two graphics screens shown when the game starts, before the menu appears, they got strange colors on both of my devices, does this happen on other devices as well?

Guest himmerf

I changed from normal mode to landscape mode in cfg. file,nothing else,and if I run the game now I see just random pixels?If I change it back to normal (0) everithing is O.K.How I can configure landscape mode 2? :-( Thx.

Guest roozbeh
I changed from normal mode to landscape mode in cfg. file,nothing else,and if I run the game now I see just random pixels?If I change it back to normal (0) everithing is O.K.How I can configure landscape mode 2? :-( Thx.

anybody else got this problem?

maybe i made this problem in recent update....

soon i'll check it out

@schris:delete lookup.dat file

back key is default key for entering into menus and it works as esc key.

For ppc becouse of no keyboard it is really hard to make all keys work

but i am thinking on a ppc version too working with touch screen.

i hope i can start on it soon.

but anyhow as long as i dont have ppc it is not my highest priority.

regards

roozbeh

Guest _4saken_

well, I got the same problem with the pixel errors whenever I try to change to landscape 1. I got a xda2 here.

other problem seems to be the function to map keys on pocket pc.

those "names" for the buttons are not really working. didnt manage to map anything at all. is there another file with which I can configure the name assignments with the real hardware numbers of the buttons?

Guest schriss

I tried many different button names on Pocket PC and none worked, the only one I got working was Enter (in the middle of keypad) :-(

Roozbeh: what does deleting lookup.dat do?

Guest _4saken_

well, I dont have the file lookup.dat. so I still got the problem that I get all weird graphic glitches when I try to switch to landscape 1 on my xda2.

and of course still no idea how to map my buttons correctly.

any comments on that roozbeh?

Guest blackbelt

I think we can get around this problem by getting a button mapper for our pocketpc's. I just got button max and i'm gonna mess with it and see if i can get anywhere with that, if i do i'll let you guys know

anybody else got this problem?

maybe i made this problem in recent update....

soon i'll check it out

Yes. Landscape does not work on my h1945 either.

Also, the game is unplayable because you cant do anything but walk around. How can we bind the keys for PocketPC?

-Cratos

Binding fire to "Enter" in either of the two spots does nothing for me. I unbinded Enter every place else I could find. What device do you have. I have an ipaq h1945

Just got my C500 and read on this site that I could get my old fave game Duke3D working on it.

Was a little suspicious about this, but... omg! its works like a dream! good work roozebeh! :)

I'm bit of a noob at this, I had bit of a look on this thread but didn't seem to find an answer. How do I setup the keys on the C500 for jumping about and changing weapon?

Ta

Jes

Guest Cybertronic

You have to open the DUKE3D.CFG file in your Duke3D folder, open the file in Notepad/Wordpad, and under the heading [KeyDefinitions_Landscape0], put your own keys in :)