iCandy

Guest arman68
I've updated the zip in the first post to include a plain version with no background pic.  As with the England flag just overwirte the images in the icandy dir.

Thanks.

Just noticed something today: the last digit of the date is truncated. Yesterday it worked well when the date was "9/06/2004", but today it shows "10/04/200" instead of "10/04/2004".

Guest zabirp

Great theme.

On the homescreen when i move down to some of the options instead of the text becoming bold the area it covers becomes black. When i go to lets say profile it works but then for others e.g. Create new appointment the whole area surrounding it goes black?

Any ideas

Cheers

Guest drblow

Have you updated your ROM? sounds like the bug that was in the original rom that didnt recognise the transparent background. Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest drblow

Have you updated your ROM? sounds like the bug that was in the original rom that didnt recognise the transparent background. Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest zabirp

No i didn't bother installing the rom update after seeing it was causing problems with sd cards.

Thanks

Guest iTreKs

Yes I have....

Guest crafty

Thanks for all the great feedback, also cheers DrB for fielding all the questions in my absence :D - the cheques in the post!

I`m new and have an SPV200 for 1 week now and a bit suspicious. If i install the cab file, can i delete it afterwards? so all the screens and icons are back to normal?
If you uninstall the CAB from the settings menu it should remove all the extra screens. If not heres a link to the CAB DrBlow mentioned for restoring extra screens to normal (Doc as if you couldn't find a sticky thread!?!)

Just noticed something today: the last digit of the date is truncated. Yesterday it worked well when the date was "9/06/2004", but today it shows "10/04/200" instead of "10/04/2004".

The theme's designed to use a dd/mm/yy date rather then dd/mm/yyyy. To change this go to Settings>Regional Settings and select the correct Short Style Data. If you really want a dd/mm/yyyy date style you could edit the xml and reduce the x="." value, that is move the date left.

How can I install this theme cuz when I install them,, it shows a lot of file...Thankz

Just go to Settings>Remove Programs (or use the Add/Remove link on the homescreen :D) and select crafty's iCandy Theme.

@iTreKs, if you're using a QTEK8080 then (as previously mentioned) this theme won't work - sorry but it's strictly E200 only!

Guest drblow
Thanks for all the great feedback, also cheers DrB for fielding all the questions in my absence :D - the cheques in the post!
Nae worries pal! :wink: Vested interest & all that! :D

(Doc as if you couldn't find a sticky thread!?!)

:oops: oh dear!

Guest iTreKs
@iTreKs, if you're using a QTEK8080 then (as previously mentioned) this theme won't work - sorry but it's strictly E200 only!

Ok, Can u please make it so it work for Qtek8080 Plz? I love it so, its so cool! 8)

Guest crafty
how do you install this on the Mpx200?

As mentioned (a couple of times i think :roll: ) this theme is for the Orange E200 ONLY because that is the only phone with the required homescreen plugin that this theme uses. I'm really sorry but i can't see any way of running this theme on another phone.

Again same answer to iTreKs. Short of the Orange uber plugin becoming comercially available (or you flashing your 8080 with an Orange ROM which i WOULD NOT recommend) then i don't see how this would work. :cry:

Anyone out there put together any nice alternate backdrops or got any requests for them even?

Guest Paul [MVP]

Hmmm, I think I have issues because I regularly leave my email inbox with unread mails in, hence I am always seeing the unread mail counter?

P

Guest crafty

Glad you like it Paul!

If you want to stop the message alert from appearing for unread e-mails (but still appearing for SMS and MMS) you could edit the xml and find the message plugin code:

<!-- (Hiding) Message alert Screen -->

<plugin  clsid="{A2536C54-6AC2-4c31-9542-B144B0E9D077}" height="144" width="100%" wrap="1" autohide="1" autoheight="0">

<format padding-bottom="3" padding-top="40" padding-left="65" wrap="1"/>

<format state="selected" padding-bottom="3" padding-top="40" padding-left="65" bgtext="transparent" wrap="1"/>

<background bgimage="StorageApplication DataHomeiCandyMessage alert.bmp">

<format state="selected" bgtext="transparent" bgimage="StorageApplication DataHomeiCandyMessage alert.bmp"/>

</background>

<label><text><sms/><mms/><email/></text></label>

</plugin>[/code]

And delete the bit in the penultimate line. This should sort it out but at the expense of not having a 'popup' when you recieve a new message.

8)

Guest crafty
would it be possible to replace the desktop icon for "home" with a phone, like orange do?

I'm guessing (/hoping) that you dont meant use the actual icon from the default orange homescreen as this would clash with the whole scheme. Attached is a version of the icon resource with an alternate home icon instead of the desktop icon. I hope that this is what you were after! Just replace 'iCandy Icons.exe' in StorageApplication DataHomeiCandy with the new one attached, then swap homescreen and back.

Alternate Home Icon.zip

Alternate Home Icon.gif

Guest arman68
Attached is a version of the icon resource with an alternate home icon instead of the desktop icon.  I hope that this is what you were after!  Just replace 'iCandy Icons.exe' in StorageApplication DataHomeiCandy with the new one attached, then swaphomescreen and back.

Thanks, imho it looks much better that way.

What do you use to edit the icon resources? I would like to create a dark version of your theme (with light text) but I would need to edit the icons.

Guest prompt

Just go to Settings>Remove Programs (or use the Add/Remove link on the http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewforum.php?f=43>homescreen :D) and select crafty's iCandy Theme.

I'm so confused about your answer. I want to install this theme but you said remove it ... ?????

Guest crafty

@prompt - sorry - must have misread your post!

To install the theme:

1. Download the zip from the first post.

2. Unzip it on your PC.

3. Copy the file 'iCandy.CAB' to your phone and run it.

This will install the theme on your phone (provided it's an Orange E200 of course). The other stuff in the zip are just optional extras like different backdrops of caller ID templates - you dont need them for the theme.

Guest crafty
What do you use to edit the icon resources? I would like to create a dark version of your theme (with light text) but I would need to edit the icons."

I use a combination of Paintshop Pro 8 for graphical work, icon sushi for making/extracting icons and reshack for building the icon sesource. Takes a while to get the hang of it but you can get some great results.

My next project is to make a dark version of this theme. iCandy was prompted by the theme i was running on my PC (iCandy icons and a gfxOasis window blind) but now i'm using a darker theme i've started thinking about mirroring this for my phone. I'm considering keeping the same xml setup as the theme covers pretty much everything i want, and just throwing together a different front end. Keep an eye out for iCandy 2....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.