iCandy

Guest markhammill

I can't seem to find a copy of the volume control app that will run on my e200. The copy I have says it was not intended for this device and won't install.

Could any one point me in the direction.

The skin is brilliant

Guest spootyguy

Fantastic skin, well done!

One thing i did notice is that when I use xbar2, the clock that appears in the top icon bar when away from the homescreen is white on light grey; not very easy to read. Would it be easy to change this to be the same colour as the signal/battery meter? I have absolutely no idea what i'm doing when it comes to colours...

Cheers again for such a great skin..!

Guest drblow

woon - if you have installed this theme on an orange e200 then the icons should have appeared with the rest of it!? whats on your screen now? Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest Cybertronic

I have installed it on my Orange SPV E200, but I don't get icons like on the start menu :?, does it only customise the homescreen icons? or both? :oops:

Guest drblow

Sorry m8 - I was a bit confused about what you meant! To customise the start menu icons, you need to add an icon.lnk file to each folder. Simply create a text file (using notepad or whatever) containing the following - 1#StorageApplication DataHomeiCandyiCandy Icons.exe,-xxx

replace xxx with the numebr of the icon you like from the list kindly supplied in the zip file. Rename the txt file to icon.lnk and copy it into the desired folder. Reboot, and your icons will have changed! :wink:

Hope that works for ya!

Guest Cybertronic

I tried replacing the games folder by typing,

1#StorageApplication DataHomeiCandyiCandy Icons.exe,-165

and saved it as a icon.Ink file, and drag it into

StoragewindowsStart MenuGames

I suppose that's not correct because it's not working :oops:

Sorry for being a newbie! :D, I used to use Symbian phones :oops:

Is there not a thread explaining how to do this, I've tried searching too :oops:

Guest Cybertronic

Thanks I've fixed it :D :oops:

Was silly about the L and I :oops:

How can I change individual icons such as the .cab files, and programs that are in the start menu themselves? :oops:

Guest crafty
If I want optional extras, what should I do? which directory I have to copy them down?
The 'optional extras' in (the latest) zip are:

1. A selection of different wallpapers (rather than the globe)

2. An alternate icon resource with a 'home' icon rather than a 'desktop' icon.

3. An index and text file for changing folder icons in your start menu

4. A pit file for IA Caller ID

If you want to use any/all of these then respectively:

1. Copy the contencts of the particular wallpaper's folder (e.g. yoda) to 'StorageApplication DataHomeiCandy' this will prompt you whether you want to overwrite the existing files - select yes. Change to a different homescreen and then back to iCandy (to reload the images)

2. Copy the file 2iCandy Icons.exe' from the Alternate Home Icon folder in the zip to 'StorageApplication DataHomeiCandy' and again accept the overwrite prompt and change homescreens and back.

3. For custom start menu icons see my post on the first page of this thread.

4. For the IA Caller ID template, copy the file 'Bottom Left.pit' to 'StorageMy DocumentsIA Caller ID Photos' and you should then be able to select this template for your contacts in the normal way with the caller id app.

Hope this is clear enough :D

I can't seem to find a copy of the volume control app that will run on my e200.

I got my copy from www.monolithix.org and it works fine on my E200.

when I use xbar2, the clock that appears in the top icon bar when away from the homescreen is white on light grey; not very easy to read. Would it be easy to change this to be the same colour as the signal/battery meter?
I don't use xbar so i'm afraid i can't really help you there. I can tell you that the hex colour code of the battery/signal etc is #E8E7E1 - hope this helps!

@woon glad you got your icon issues sorted. I also noticed that you posted that installing the homescreen changed your language to Italian?!? Has anyone else foud this or any other random bugs?

great homescren, but i can't download it

What problems are you having? You need to download the attached zip in the first post which contains the cab to install this theme. You need to be logged in to download this. but i'm assuming that you are if you can see the theme/post?!?

Guest Cybertronic

It did seem to be a random bug :?, may have pressed the action many times or similar and caused it to change language? :?

How can I change the individual icons for like each format? :oops:

Is it possible to change the boring default icons in the start menu instead of folders? :-k

Guest crafty
How can I change individual icons such as the .cab files, and programs that are in the start menu themselves?

The easy way to change icons of file types is to use Smart Explorer. To do this:

1. Open Smart Explorer

2. Press File>Open>Manage File Types...

3. Scroll to the file type you want to change the extension of

4. Click Menu>Edit file type...

5. Click Menu>Change icons...

6. Select the location of the icon you want to use and click done

7. Select the icon and hit done

8. Restart for the changes to take effect.

This essentially does the same registry changes that the iCandy cab does for cab files etc but is much easier. I don't know of any way to change individual programs icons as yet.

Hope this covers it for ya :D

Guest crafty
Thanks!

It doesn't have the .cab extension

What does Windows Mobile open the extension with?

Right in that case you can do this the hard way in the registry :?

Here's an example of changing the icon of a cab file:

- Firstly, make a note of the location and the resource number of the icon that you want to change to.

- Fire up PHM Registry Editor (you'll find a very handy shortcut to it in the tools section of the iCandy homescreen :D) and go to: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT.cab [values] Default : This should have the value data 'cabfile'

Go back to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT and scroll to cabfileDefaultIcon [values] Default

- In the Value Data enter the following "Location of icon,-xxx" less the quotation marks and where xxx is the resource number of the icon. So for example, installing iCandy changes this value data to "StorageApplication DataHomeiCandyiCandy Icons.exe, -118"

This should work for any file type.

Guest Cybertronic

Thanks! :D

Very helpful forums! :D

Is there a list that is similar to yours that shows all the icons that are available? :oops:

Guest markhammill

Is there a way of making it open the normal tasks program instead of saying you do not have Oxidos ToDo?

I'm also having problems with the Oxidos Task plugin as well.

It will show the Oxidos message as a task on the homescreen when installed, but I can't scroll through the tasks on the homescreen.

When the Oxidos task is deleted it displays no tasks even thought they are there.

Any ideas?

Guest crafty
Is there a list that is similar to yours that shows all the icons that are available?
Try this and this threads for lists of standard icons. You can also use the 'Change icon...' feature in Smart Explorer to poke around differnt apps and see what icons they contain.

Still no luck with the volume control.

Hmmmm that's funny, i just tried installing the cab from mono's site and it didn't work for me either :roll: I had the program on my storage card since i had the first generation of SPV and just made a new shortcut to the prog. I've attached the exe to this post. Try putting this on your phone and making a shortcut to it and let us know if it works! If the author objects please let me know and i'll remove the file.

THe Oxio's tasks plugin takes a little configration which is all done via the registry. It has lots of different restriction settings but if like me you just want it display all of your tasks it's pretty easy to set up. Just go to the following reg key:

HKCUSoftwareOxios PluginsTasks [values] Restrict and delete all of the value data.

This tells the plugin not to restrict (i.e. by completion date) what it shows at all. You'll need to restart for the changes to take effect.

As far as i know there's no way of making the plugin display the default tasks app without the banner (fair play to Oxios as they did put in the time and effort to develop and support the excellent plugin). I just assign a speed dial to my tasks app (I use Tasks+) so it's pretty easy to get to them quickly.

VolumeCtrl.zip

Guest MPXtricky

Hi - You will get this problem with all picture backgrounds when you scroll down through the contacts list. If you use the T9 function and key in the name of the person you want, you will find that you locate the contact you require but without suffering that horrible picture distortion.

Guest ungawa

Newbie here ..

Outstanding skin .. Thanks very much.

I hate to change something that works this good, but ..

If I wanted to change the links in the Homescreen from the ones supplied (Hotmail,Google,News & MoDaCo) to ones I go to regularly - is that easy ??

Otherwise - very happy camper .. :D

Cheers - Brent

Guest crafty

Hi Brent - glad you like the skin :D

It is relatively simple to change the web links, here's what to do:

1. Sync your phone up with your PC.

2. On your PC, explore to StorageApplication DataHome and copy the file iCandy.home.xml to somewhere on your PC.

3. Open this copy on your PC with notepad.

4. Find the following section:

<!-- row1 col3: Web Links Line 1 -->

<shortcut width="100%" height="20">

<plugin height="20" width="100%" group="portal" handlekeys="FOCUS" clsid="{A2536C57-6AC2-4c31-9542-B144B0E9D077}">

<format state="selected" padding-left="3" padding-right="3" bgcolor="transparent" bgtext="transparent" />

<format padding-left="3" padding-right="3" />

<background b-border-width="0" bgcolor="transparent"/>

<shortcut imagesource="StorageApplication DataHomeiCandyiCandy Icons.exe" icon="157" chicon="128" width="81" action="http://login.passport.net/uilogin.srf?id=2">

<label><text>  Hotmail</text></label>

</shortcut>

<shortcut imagesource="StorageApplication DataHomeiCandyiCandy Icons.exe" icon="157" chicon="124" width="82" action="http://www.google.co.uk">

<label><text>  Google</text></label>

</shortcut>

</plugin>

</shortcut>[/code] - This bit designates the top two web links. As you can see, to change the target you'll need to alter the bit that reads action="..." to the address you want it to point to. You'll also need to change the

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.