iCandy

Guest markhammill

Is the in call screen skined? On my phone it shows the in call screen from the skin I last had selected. I can seem to find an iCandy one even with lots of reinstalls.

Any ideas?

Guest damianbyrne

Looked at this Screen and must say Wowee Im impressed - I've been gone from MoDaCo for ages but am glad to be back. unfortunately for some reason I cannot download the files as the .zip file seems to be empty but there is no mention of it further on in this topic, has it been moved. .... Haylpppp

Guest crafty

Hey i'm back again! Now to answer all your questions...

@prompt - sorry mate but haven't a clue what's wrong/what you wnat?!? If you install the cab in the zip in the first post - everything should work.

it would be nice if the upcomng apointments dont show the time,date as well as the appointment description, im finding that all my appointments are dissapearing off the screen.

You can change this in the xml. Find the appoinments bit:

<!-- Calander -->

<plugin file="sysplug.dll" clsid="{865A354A-4A96-4687-B001-C155DC0DBE76}" height="20" width="100%">

<background>

<format state="selected" bgcolor="transparent" bgimage="StorageApplication DataHomeiCandyCalander Selected.bmp"/>

</background>

<label valign="top" y="4" x="20"><text><time/> <subject/></text></label>

</plugin>[/code]

and remove the [b][/b] bit.

@simonflgardner any luck with the home icon? Just follow the Docs advice and replave 'iCandy Icons.exe' with the alternate version in the zip change homescreens and back and ta da!

@feck_on_a_stick - Had any luck donwloading the zip? Can you download other attachements from modaco as i've no idea why it's working for others but not for you. If you're still having trouble then pm me your e-mail address and i'll send it to you.

@npw - i have thouht about a cutdonw 2002 friendly version but decided against it :lol:. I', sorry but i just don't have the time right now plus without the orange uber plugin the functionality of the scheme would have to be cut down soo much that it would be a mere shadow of it's former self :D. I hope that all future orange Smartphones wiil include the plugin so while this skin is not retrospective, i hope iit will work on future (Orange) phones.

@Blakey - it can be a little slow - probably because it uses a lot of images etc but i don't find it noticably slower than the default Orange one.

@Warrenpass - have you tried using the exe of the volume control on page 5 of this thread?

@markhammill - i don't think the incall screen is skinned! Do you know the reg key for the image/which theme are you using that skins it and i'll try to sort that out!

@damianbyrne - i just downloaded the zip again and it worked fine for me :roll: sorry! Again if you're still having problems then pm me your e-mail address and i'll mail you it.

Cheers for all the great feedback :D

Guest markhammill

I know the Beta AI MSN skin changes the picture at the to of the incall screen and the colours but that is about it.

The skin is in the Plus section of the of Modaco.

@Warrenpass - have you tried using the exe of the volume control on page 5 of this thread?

This worked cheers.

I have a couple of new questions:

If I delete the row2 col5: Games line section, will this mess up the rest of the skin layout? I don't need two lines of games shortcuts.

How do I select a icon & find out the number of each icon?

Guest crafty

@markhammill - i'm not a plus member so can't look at that homescreen. Any chance you could open the cab on your PC and extract the file called '_setup.xml' and PM me the results - i should be able to work out the reg changes from that.

@PaFF (why the name change btw?) glad the volume control is working :D.

I'm not sure if you can just delete the entire row :? . You could make a backup of the xml and just ry it - let us know how you get on. Youe could replace the icons in the second row to applications you use more often. You can use the imagesource="..." bit to point to an application on your phone/SD to get the icon to display on the homescreen. To do this you'll need to know the icon resource number and the chicon effect (i.e. the icon changing when it's selected) won't work.

To find out the number of an icon i find that the easiest way is to copy the exe/dll to your PC and open it with reshack. This will then tell you the resource number under the icon group part and show you what it looks like. For example if you open iCandy Icons.exe you'll see that the icons are numbered 101, 102,... ,182.

Now that you know what the icon looks like and the resource number you can change the imagesource="..." icon="..." chicon="..." and action="..." parts in the xml to change the links. easy as that!

Just thought another option would be to delete the imagesource="..." bit (so that it reverts to the default Orange inmagesoucre) and make all the icons/chicons="-2". This tells the homescreen not to display an icon at all. Hope that this helps you!

Guest drblow

You can delete any rows you like - I deleted the games rows coz I didn;t even have most of the games! Juts delete row 1/2 col 5, and also the related shortcut from the top row of icons (no. 5 presumeably!).

Guest damianbyrne

crafty, thanks for that, I have just tried it from my laptop (as I am having to catch up on the women of Hollyoaks), downloaded without a hitch, will try installing when I can make it upstairs

Many thanks

DB

Crafty, PaFF is my nickname, irt comes from once when I checked into a hotel and they had booked me in a Paff rather than Pass. When I first joined I used warrenpass as that was a username I used for other things. I now use PaFF more.

Guest Samaritan

Hi, great homescreen, just what I have been looking for, I noticed a couple of little things:

The grouping on your games menu (or whatever the correct term is) isn't correct, one is group q and one is group (r?)which the the same group as the apps submenu is you make them the same group then you can step around inside them better., ie when you press down it goes to the icon underneth the cursor... also with both of those menu I like it better if I change the states to:

Which was basically taking the partial focus out, mainly I like this cause I can follow where my cursor is. :D

I'm looking forward to your Dark one (I can see a thief:the dark project one coming up...

Thank heaps, sorry bout england.

Guest crafty

Cheers for the great feedback guys.

@Samaritan - i really like the changes that you suggested - it works much better that way.

I've updated the zip in the first post with a new cab that includes these changes. I've also sorted out the problems that markhammill posted about installing over certain themes leaves some extra screens unchanged (because iCandy doesn't use BannerImages) The new cab should sort this out and also skin the outgoing call screen :D.

I've also switched the defauls home icon that the cab installs to the house icon as i realy think that this looks better. the old desktop icon is included in the 'alternate home icon' folder in the zip if you prefer that.

Keep the feedback coming!

Guest markhammill

Nice work once again Crafty.

The call screen is and everything seems to work great now.

Navigation of the games icons is much better.

There is a bit of the globe out of place on the homescreen but this is probablly as I haven't got the right plugins installed yet.

I'll give them a go after work.

Guest mister_c

Can you help me. When I try to install the iCandy CAB file my phone says there are inadequate permission or something like that. Please help 'cause I want to get this on my phone.

Cheers, mister_c

Guest londonlad

I LOVE THIS HOME SCREEN ! :D :D :lol:

im always changing the wallpaper on my homescreen, but when i change it on this home screen, the icons on the top have white around them. mr crafty is it possible you can make the excess disappear!?

i dont really mind if the fade effect has to go (that way i can see that wicked pacman/ghost properly 8) ).

great work mate, well done!

Guest Cybertronic

How can I get the SMS and the E-mail counters to work? :?

I have the Oxios application installed (Plugins and ToDoList)

:oops:

Guest crafty

Hi there - i've been away for a couple of weeks but can now answer any outstanding questions.

im always changing the wallpaper on my homescreen, but when i change it on this home screen, the icons on the top have white around them. mr crafty is it possible you can make the excess disappear!?
I'm glad u like the theme. Unfortunately that's my fault for being a bit lazy and not using transparancies in the icons. I tried ti at first but found it increadibly fiddly and ended up (as you've seen) using the same bachground colour in the icons and the background image.

You've got two options to get around this:

1. A bit of a cheat, but you could put a bar of the grey background colour (hex ref #E8E7E1) in your chosen background image so that i blends into the icons, or

2. The proper way; you could edit the icons to include proper transparancy so that you can use any background image. To do this you'll need to edit the icons using stuff like reshack and icon sushi. You'll have to copy the icon resource to your PC, extract the icons and then edit then set proper transparancies - there's a tool in icon sushi for doing it.

I'm sorry but your on tour own with this one - would take far more time than i have at the mo, but iy you do it then how about sharing your results! :P

How can I get the SMS and the E-mail counters to work?

Woon - i'm not quite sure what you mean - can you be more specific?

@jim.mason - i'm a bit out of the loop and not really sure about this 2003 ROM for the MPX200 - is it based on the E200 rom? If so then it might work, if not then i don't thinkit will. Can anyone let us know for sure?

Guest drblow

The 2003 ROM for the mpx is not an Orange ROM, so it will not include the necessary Orange shortcuts plugin ... AFAIK! If it doesn't, then the theme won't work.

Guest Cybertronic

crafty, I meant my SMS and Email counters says "0" but I have like more than a 150 SMS's :? along with a couple of Emails :oops: still says 0 :?

Guest stevo_knuckles

Woon but are these old e mails and sms. I thought the counters would only show up the amount you have if they were new mesages and hadn't been read yet?

Guest crafty

stevo_knuckles is right - the counters only show the number of unread messages. I guess it's made kinda redundant by the 'popup' alert but could still be handy if you disable the popup like paul did.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.