iCandy Loading ... screen.

Cant seem to hard reset my device either. I've managed to get the

h/r screen up, pressed '0' and nothing happens ... it just carries on trying

too boot up as normal. Is it supposed to say something to tell me that

the h/r is in progress??

Ta for any help.

Tim

Right got it sorted. Hard reset worked (on about the 20th try). Thank

God for Orange backup/restore + keeping copies of every file on my storage card. Full system restore took about 5 mins!

Regards,

Tim.

• 3 weeks later...

Very wonderfull homescreen !!!!

But... because there is always a BUT :wink:

I have 2 problems :roll:

First when I edit the xml file for change directory of my shortcut or web link or some text like : "New SMS" in "Nouveau SMS" because I'm french and I prefer in french text (sorry) end after replace the xml file on my phone to the same directory I can't selecte the skin (iCandy desapered of the skin's list but no of program list) and I must re-instal the cab file to restor it :oops:

And the second one is how can I have the time begin AND END )

Sorry for my english :oops: I hope you can understand me...

Thanks

Is there a clean way to remove the iCandy Skin...? Simply loading a new homepage theme doesn't seem to do the job as the startup screens and media player screen are still there... How can I revert to the original unskinned phone?

Its a nice skin tho...

Sorry been away for a while...

@Fix - if it doesn't show up in your list then there's probably something wrong with your xml. After you have made the changes on your PC, try opening the xml file with Internet Explorer - if there are any mistakes then this will tell you what and where.

@mshire - the 'cleanest' way to remove iCandy is to use the remove programs option under the settings menu - this will set all the system screens to how you had them before installing iCandy.

@rivernet1 - sorry no plans for a MPX200 version as it doesn't have the neccesarry plugins - sorry ^_^

Guest bartsimp

Hi crafty, definitely my preffered theme.

I've customized the web links and now it suits my needs ^_^

The only problem I have is that when I receive a mail or SMS (which happens often :D) I have this big warning that appears and that i can't get rid of.

How can I "discard" it, meaning, giving it an "ok, I've seen you, now go"?

Thanks.

Bartsimp - the new message alert displays whenever there are unread messages in your inbox. To make it go away you need to open the new message and then it will disappear. Alternatively you can stop it appearing for a particular message type or altogether by editing the xml. Find the follwing code for the message alert, it's near the top:

<!-- (Hiding) Message alert Screen -->

<plugin  clsid="{A2536C54-6AC2-4c31-9542-B144B0E9D077}" height="144" width="100%" wrap="1" autohide="1" autoheight="0">

<format padding-bottom="3" padding-top="40" padding-left="65" wrap="1"/>

<format state="selected" padding-bottom="3" padding-top="40" padding-left="65" bgtext="transparent" wrap="1"/>

<background bgimage="StorageApplication DataHomeiCandyMessage alert.bmp">

<format state="selected" bgtext="transparent" bgimage="StorageApplication DataHomeiCandyMessage alert.bmp"/>

</background>

<label><text><sms/><mms/><email/></text></label>

</plugin>[/code] The bit we're interested in is at the end:
[code]<label><text><sms/><mms/><email/></text></label>
This is the bit that defines what types of unread messages make the alert appear, so if, for example, you don't want the alert to appear when you have unread e-mails, then just delete the bit that says . If you don't want the alert to show at all just delete all of the above code from the xml. Fix - i see what you mean - that's orange's re-writted version of the calander plugin. You could replace the default code with orange's code so that it supports the end-time attribute. In iCandy.home.xml find the following bit:
<!-- Calander -->

<plugin file="sysplug.dll" clsid="{865A354A-4A96-4687-B001-C155DC0DBE76}" height="20" width="100%">

<background>

<format state="selected" bgcolor="transparent" bgimage="StorageApplication DataHomeiCandyCalander Selected.bmp"/>

</background>

<label valign="top" y="4" x="20"><text><time/> <subject/></text></label>

</plugin>[/code] and replace it with this:
[code]<plugin clsid="{A2536C55-6AC2-4c31-9542-B144B0E9D077}" height="20" width="100%" wrap="0" autohide="0" autoheight="0">

<format padding-top="4" padding-left="20"/>

<format state="selected" padding-top="4" padding-left="20"/>

<background>

<format state="selected" bgcolor="transparent" bgimage="StorageApplication DataHomeiCandyCalander Selected.bmp"/>

</background>

<label><text><time/><endtime/> <subject/><location/></text></label>

</plugin>

WARNING: i've not tried this myself but it *should* work ^_^ - let us know how you get on. Also note that you can obviously control which attributes the plugin displays - the above is taken from the default Orange homescreen which uses a 30 pixel high plugin but i've changed that in the above code to being 20 px high to fit into iCandy. This smaller size (i.e. one line of text) means that you might not have enough room to display all of the attibutes in there; start time, end time, subject and location - just delete the bits you don't want.

Hope this helps y'all.

:D

Guest bartsimp

thanks a lot crafty for your detailed answer.

In fact, I like to be notified of new mails sms or mms but I don't like being forced to read them to be able to use my home screen again.

I really like the way it's done on the c500 from Orange but what I'd like is to:

- Have the icons layout in horizontal like in icandy

- Change the icons themselves

- Add an icon launch row

I also like the fact that the actions in the Orange theme appear in translucent.

Do you think that what I want to do is doable by modifying the Orange plugin or do I have to do it the way you did yours.

Thanks again ^_^

I really like the way it's done on the c500 from Orange but what I'd like is to:

- Have the icons layout in horizontal like in icandy

- Change the icons themselves

- Add an icon launch row

I also like the fact that the actions in the Orange theme appear in translucent.

Right i'm not quite clear what you're saying - you want to have an iCandy Hz icon layout, but with the little indicators appearing under the relevant icons if you have new mail or appointments?

If that is right then short of writting a new plugin, i don't think it's possible. The little indocators showing new messages etc on the C500 default homescreen are a hard coded plugin that is VERY hard to modify. There's juct no way to use that inconjunction with an iCandy style homescreen. What exactly do you mean by "Change the icons themselves" - do you mean that e.g. the mail icon would have a little 3 on it if you had three messages? If so - again i don't think that this is possible.

What exactly do you mean by add an icon launch row? Do you mean a row of static icons to link to frequently used apps, maybe instead of the MRU? If so then this is pretty easy to do.

About the semi-opacity of the menus on the C500 homescreen, they are pretty cool but the Abaxia plugin is the only one i now of that can do this and is a pain in the arse to configure - if can be done or even emulated - see my C500 Mac themes for an example.

thanks!!!you are the best people!!

errrr thanks!

Guest bartsimp

Right i'm not quite clear what you're saying - you want to have an iCandy Hz icon layout, but with the little indicators appearing under the relevant icons if you have new mail or appointments?

Indeed, that's what I'd like to achieve and I understand it's really complicated.

If that is right then short of writting a new plugin, i don't think it's possible.  The little indocators showing new messages etc on the C500 default homescreen are a hard coded plugin that is VERY hard to modify.  There's juct no way to use that inconjunction with an iCandy style homescreen.  What exactly do you mean by "Change the icons themselves" - do you mean that e.g. the mail icon would have a little 3 on it if you had three messages?  If so - again i don't think that this is possible.
Ok ^_^

What exactly do you mean by add an icon launch row?  Do you mean a row of static icons to link to frequently used apps, maybe instead of the MRU?  If so then this is pretty easy to do.

Yes. rj shortcuts can do this, as far as i've understood.

About the semi-opacity of the menus on the C500 homescreen, they are pretty cool but the Abaxia plugin is the only one i now of that can do this and is a pain in the arse to configure - if can be done or even emulated - see my C500 Mac themes for an example.

too bad, I've seen the instructions about your mac theme(re copying the files after each start) and this is definitely something that I will refuse to do as a user so that I won't propose this in a theme I create.

And Yes, of course, congrats!

Sorry still no idea why it causes some C500's to freeze up - i think it may have something to do with the incorrect links in the homescreen, so the homescreen engine is waiting for things to load that just aren't there on the phone.... When i get some free time i'm planning on boshing out a C500 compatible version of both iCandy and Gant, might add a few extras like the new Smart Monito plugin, any other suggestions of what it's missing?

Until then i would perhaps advise against using iCandy on the C500 so as not to risk having to Hard Reset.

Oh Pabs(sco) that message means that your phone isn't application unlocked follow this link to the Orange Developers Site to unlock your phone.

Guest shortcut3d

@Crafty - I would like if you did not include all the links to the games in the next version. Also lower the opacity of the unselected icons so they are easier to read in daylight.

A light version that does not use the To Do List / Task plugin and WMP plugin.

One bad link may be for the GAMES top icon also New SMS and Check Mail do not work.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bartsimp
sweet theme!

1 question, how di I get rid of the big theing telling me i have 7 emails (i presume there's a way, other than deleting my 7 emails)

Hi, I also have the same problem, so what I did is getting rid of

<!-- (Hiding) Message alert Screen -->

and the following plugin section in the iCandy.home.xml file.

Guest 1T-M0nk3y

bartsimp wrote:

too bad, I've seen the instructions about your mac theme(re copying the files after each start) and this is definitely something that I will refuse to do as a user so that I won't propose this in a theme I create.

Couldn't you just create a cab file that replaces these and link to it from storagewindowsstartup :?:

Or does it replace that dir? if so just have your installer put a link to the cab somewhere in the start menu.

:lol:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.