Upgrade at Orange Shop

Guest teebe

Guest Rob_Quads

Looks like I might have to try the orange shop for mine - just got an email from the mobileshop saying it may now up till the end of NEXT week before they get thiers!

Guest deiwise

Most Orange Shops in Berks/Bucks (and probably everywhere else too) are in short supply. My local shop had just 4 of them delivered last week. Still suffering from the stolen Heathrow-batch

Will

Guest Rob_Quads

I have just rung up the Southampton orange shop and they have said they have spenty in stock and also will give me £50 back for the 6210 I have. I'm going to go in tommorow afternoon and sort it rather than wait for the mobileshop to sort them selves out and also have a second number

• 3 years later...
Guest Paul [MVP]

I thought Orange Gatherings (the SMS based community) was fantastic, but the trial ended (I provided my feedback when they called) and I never heard anything again :)

I wonder what happened to it? I guess they canned it?

P

Guest Paul [MVP]

Just emailed Jon (head Locust honcho), although I don't know if it'll get to him as I kinda guessed his e-mail address :)

Does anyone else think that Locust could be resurrected using a GPRS based send / receive mechanism instead of SMS?

It seems to me that LCS is ready to rise from the ashes... :D

Failing that, let's start our own :D

/me fires up Visual Studio :P

P

Guest Paul [MVP]

No WAY!

The best thing about locust was the way to meet new people through the chat channels, interest channels etc.

I whiled away many a bored hour signed in to 'XChat' (I think it was called), where you just hung out and chatted to random people. :)

P

Guest Paul [MVP]

I had, and still have, an 0(7)973. Oh, the Kudos :)

There were some great foreign SMSCs that worked for ages, then some that would survive an hour before being killed by all the traffic.

Those were the days...

P

P

• 5 weeks later...