MSN featuring RJHTML

Guest dnavarro77

Midnight, I get the "No Home Screen Layouts can be foun. Install a valid home screen layout and then select it..." message on my Samsung i600 (upgraded to WM2003). I have reinstalled the RJ plugin and 2k3 version for locked phones twice now and rebooted, gone into settings selected other home screens and than gone back to MSN with no luck. Everything else is at "default". Any thoughts? Any help is much appreciated!

D

Guest RemyJ

Check the XML and make sure if it's referencing a default background image that the file is actually there. I've noticed that none of my sample homescreens work on 2003 because "someone" removed some of the color schemes that were present on 2002. I reference "/windows/red.jpg" as the default background image which isn't there anymore. Oddly enough if you set the color scheme to default, the home screen will load with a white background if it can't find the file, but if you use a non-default color scheme, it gives you the "No home screen".

• 2 weeks later...
Guest afroahmed

CAN ANYONE HELP ME? i am getting the e-mail (0) sms (0) and mms (0) in this hgomescreen. how may i remove it so the homescreen functions normally? i saw that sum1 had asked about this on the first page but i dont think anyone helped him. plz help me

Guest ProphetX

Hey im having trouble getting the date to display, everything else works fine except that i live in san diego california and i cant select the wether for here. And how do i get the news and sports updates for the us??

Guest iaddict

I've only been around for quite a few times. Fine job midnight. Only, being a non-plus member would render me incapable of tweaking your class "A" skin. So i'd wait for your next theme. Thanks

Guest Realchef

i cant get this homescreen working on my e200, what am i doing wrong?

i have software unlocked, but when i try to install it says not installed, and if i try the locked version it says cant show when i try to use the homescreen :cry:

Christopher

spv e200 software unlocked

Guest FLAME1222

If I may make a suggestion for future reference, can you maybe make an option for 12 hour world time rather than 24? Us Americans are stupid and stubborn :P

Guest Demonico
i'm working on a new pc-side installer for this homescreen, shouldnt make installation easier for those having troubles, hopefully get it done tonight

I'm still having problems installing on e200, like som others. Have tried anything that you told us to do, still 'no homescreen' or 'could not install'.. I was hoping that this pc-side installer might make it work for me, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.. Am I blind and/or stupid, or did that project die a silent death?

Guest midnight

die'd a death, i'm VERY busy doing other stuff at the moment (including 'another' new homescreen), when i get some time i'll try and hunt down all the bugs :P

Guest midnight

i didnt wanna include the all day event cos i couldnt find anywhere to fit it, and thats the plugin i decided to sacrifice as i personally dont use it much. i don know what an all day event is (ive done a couple of homescreens before hehe), theres no need to post code :)

Guest arman68

I have modified the screens for my own purposes and got rid of the RJHTML plugin to use other plugins more useful in my everyday life (see screenshot below).

I tried the "All day event" plugin, but if I remember correctly, it did not play nice with changing background pictures. Maybe it was just me not using it properly. I don't have any use for it though, otherwise I would fit in where the MRU is, and replace the "mru" text by "today".

I might reintroduce the RJHTML plugin to show world clocks where the MRU is, when I find enough time. BTW this is not the MRU, but the RJShortcut plugin which I find more useful.

Excuse the poor quality of the changes to the graphics, I did a 2 mins photoshop job to edit the background to test my changes to the homescreen, and have stuck with it since then.

Changes:

* more visible time

* show date and carrier along with time on same line

* appointments at the top replace rjhtm

* predetermined shortcuts (using rjshortcut) replace mru

* tasks at the bottom (oxios plugin)

* alarm replaces rjhtml and links directly to a custom option in settings to adjust the alarm

Still to do:

* find a more useful replacement for shortcuts

* create some more suitable icons where necessary

* redo my blotched mods to the background in photoshop

* reintroduce the MSN logo in lower right corner

BeyondMSN.jpg

Guest dt_bogor

just installed the new O2 ROM XPhone ROM 1.10.18.6.

now cannot use this great skin as all things are corrupt and out of line. Any ideas.???

cheers

dtbogor

Guest dt_bogor

this is wierd, I installed the MSN homepage, then rjhtml, re-started and it was all messed up. then changed to O2 new homepage, then back again to MSN and it works perfect just like before.

No idea what went wrong / changed. But all is OK and your amazing Homepage is once again my main screen.

cheers

dt

Guest gadget007

hi, i love this homescreen and trying to install it on my new C500. presumably Orange ship these app unlocked these days. so installed the RJHTML plugin ok, then tried the W2003 version unlocked file but am getting the following error

"Installation failed. The programe or setting cannot be installed because it is not digitally signed with a trusted certificate"

any clues?

cheers.

ps I LOVE the C500 - it's awesome. so small, so fast, so stylish, so stable.

Guest zerosignull

"Installation failed. The programe or setting cannot be installed because it is not digitally signed with a trusted certificate" or in english. please un-lock your phone.

is it just me or does this plugin leave you wiht only 7.5mb of ram left?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.