Optimised Settings Hack

Guest midnight

Guest nedge2k
I guess that the GUIDs in the cpl.xml file (below) are dll ID's, but does anyone know the format of the dll's in question - i.e. which functions need to be exposed etc such that we can create our own dll's.

Well i've experimented with the

function and changed the CLSID's to third party plugins like the LCD plugin (when you select it you can set an hourly bip, alarms etc) and tried to have that selectable from a pop-up menu but it didnt work. In fact it doesnt seem to work for any homescreen plugins. I havent tried with other phone plugins apart from those in settings and it also seems as tho you cant call other xml's from a menu either, only .dll's with a CLSID so yeh they must be in a different format.

Guest nedge2k

Yeh i know that mid, but why? At the end of the day you're using an xml to call functions from a dll. Why wont it except anything?

In response to midnight (regarding the settings dll)

I agree with what you say, but then again, that was my original question.

To clarify my original request:- I meant to ask, "What is the format of the DLL ?"

If someone can let me know or point to examples etc of a typical settings DLL, then I can create my own version of such a DLL to do what I want, which can be launched from the Control Panel using the XML approach.

Unfortunately, I have found no answers yet - but if I do, I shall pass the information on.

Guest sinner

hey copied the settings and think that the order is definately an improvement. Some programmers just have no sense of ergonomics.

One little problem though, everytime i change the alarm time it takes forever to change and sometimes even crashes my phone. Anyone else experience this problem?

Guest sinner

yeh i tried changing it in the clock and the options menu. It takes a good minute to make the changes. Although if i use the old settings then everything is back to normal.

My ROM version is 1.50.8.6. Dont know if that will mean anything. I take it no one else experiences this?

• 3 weeks later...

seems like there isn't a File Copier yet for smartphone 2002...

stilll waiting...

@BraGs

pang 2003 ba yung link? di ko na check yun kung pang 2003 lang...

• 3 months later...
Guest beersoft

ok

its quick and very dirty but this sets the settings menu to mid's example in the top of the thread

i've only done the 2k3 settings because i can't find my e100 to test with, but it will work but give you a bluetooth menu you can't use

Instructionscopy the exe to storagewindowsstartup and you should be rocking and rolling

later

Owen

custom settings.exe

Guest The_Flames

beersoft could you make an app like the one here but allow custom files to be copied from a folder on storage, not just the example files which your app does now?

BTW your app works on my E200 like a treat :lol:

• 7 months later...
Guest geecee86

...Apparently when I restart my phone the settings go back to the factory settings.. is there a way around this problem so the updated xml files stay the same?

• 2 months later...
Guest danasher

:exclaim: :evil: I have an issue with the rom 2.7.2.2 of Orange because i could not open the root.cpl.xml and change the settings thanks to help me

Been working on this for a few days, and was gonna wait until our file copier was finished, but think i may aswell release the info :o

Its possible to change the order of the Settings page, and even create your own settings pages pretty easily by simply changing some xml.

Attached are 3 files to show how this can be done. (to install these, just unzip the zip and copy the three diles into the Windows dir on the phone)

settings.jpg

The first is "root.cpl.xml", this is the main settings list, i've changed the order of the list so the options are in my most oftenly used sequence. And i've also added a new option called 'Options', this links to the second file called 'mid.cpl.xml' that has options from several options screens such as Alarm on/off, Alarm time, homescreen, ringtone all in one screen. The final file is a rearranged Date and Time screen (clock.cpl.xml), is it just me who thinks the standard order of this is just daft? the only reason for going into it is to turn the alarm on and off, so i've made that the first option now :(

custom.jpg

Right, lets try and explain how the list works:

In the file root.cpl.xml you'll see a list, the first part is the href, this is the file that the option links to, usually an xml file. The second part is the res, which is a number that associates the name of the setting, here is a list of the names (Smartphone 2002, Windows Mobile2003 has several more, which i'll list at a later date)....

res="30001"/> // About

res="30002"/> // Accessibility

res="30003"/> // Call Barring

res="30004"/> // Caller ID

res="30005"/> // Call Options

res="30006"/> // Timer Auto-Reset

res="30007"/> // Call Waiting

res="30008"/> // Voice Call Forwarding

res="30009"/> // Channels

res="30010"/> // Date and Time

res="30011"/> // Connection

res="30012"/> // Data Connections

res="30013"/> // Options

res="30014"/> // Currency Formats

res="30015"/> // Delete Colour Scheme

res="30016"/> // Delete Sounds

res="30017"/> // Display

res="30018"/> // Home Screen

res="30019"/> // Networks

res="30020"/> // Number Formats

res="30021"/> // Owner Information

res="30022"/> // Disable Phone Lock

res="30023"/> // Enable Phone Lock

res="30024"/> // Power Management

res="30025"/> // Preferred Networks

res="30026"/> // Regional Settings

res="30027"/> // Fixed Dialing

res="30028"/> // Fixed Dialing Numbers

res="30029"/> // Select Network

res="30030"/> // Sounds

res="30031"/> // Calendar Options

res="30032"/> // Conflict Settings

res="30033"/> // Connection Options

res="30034"/> // Contact Options

res="30035"/> // Inbox Options

res="30036"/> // PC Settings

res="30037"/> // Schedule

res="30038"/> // Telephony

res="30039"/> // Call Forwarding

res="30040"/> // Synchronisation

res="30041"/> // Calendar

res="30042"/> // Contacts

res="30043"/> // Inbox

res="30044"/> // Connection

res="30045"/> // Conflicts

res="30046"/> // Security

res="30047"/> // Unconditional

res="30048"/> // No Reply

res="30049"/> // Busy

res="30050"/> // Unavailable

res="30051"/> // Settings

The actual settings pages are slightly different, in that they contain characteristic and parameter types, but you should quite easily be able to copy bits from one settings page to another, looking at the mid.cpl.xml shows quite well how this can be acheived.

We will be creating a file copier very shortly that will copy these files over at bootup, as these pages will currently disappear if you reboot.

enjoy :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest danasher

8) I found the solution in copying directly the files in sttings to windows and now, it s work 8) 8)

:exclaim:  :evil: I have an issue with the rom 2.7.2.2 of Orange because i could not open the root.cpl.xml and change the settings thanks to help me

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>