WM 2003 for MPx200 no longer available

Guest lutzh

Guest nytehawk2002

I have had nothing but grief with the WM2003 rom.. Yet one of my friends swears by it and how "stable" it is. I think it's a problem with T-Mobile. He is on AT&T and doesn't have 1/2 of the issues I have during calls. I have problems with the other party not hearing me, the volume on the call just getting softer as the conversation goes on, other weird stuff. So I'm switching back to 2002.

But I do have something interesting to report. It seems that for some unknown reason with this rom T-Mobile's port blocking on their data services gets avoided. I end up being able to use Agile Messenger w/ T-Mobile's service only on WM2003. If I try it under WM2002 it fails to connect. T-Mobile states it's because they only allow ports 80, 25,110. I'm just curious if anyone else is running this rom on T-Mobile USA and having any other issues?

Hi, i dloaded this rom from some site or other and in the instructions it tells me to run the pc upgrade wizard to install the rom, erm im a bit of a newb at this however curiosity has got the better of me and i wanna install.

i managed to install my mpx200 as a modem on my computer but can not find the upgrade app.

any idea where i get the mobile or pc upgrade wizard..?

thanks

:?:

sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, however, I've had 03 on my phone for a few days now and I can not get my GPRS settings right, ATT wireless. I mean I found them, but can't figure out how to edit them.

any help would be appreciated.

Guest tehdarkstar
What extra software is there there that 2002 cannot use? there are not that many

.net apps at the moment.

Shame you had to support the old ebay scum seller to get 2003 :lol:

First, I agree with you that it is a shame that I had to support the scum seller at eBay, but it was the only place to get the upgrade...

I haven't purchased any .NET software for my smartphone and all the software I have purchased so far is also compatible with SP2002, but I had a few reasons to want to upgrade the phone:

1 - With WM2003 it runs faster, it identifies callers faster and it performs better overall.

2 - I'm a .NET developer and even if I have emulators provided by Microsoft for WM2003 and WM2003 SE, it is still not the same as being able to test your software in a real device connected to a real radio network. I can actually call web services from this device and it helps a lot while developing.

3 - I'm a update freak. I MUST have the most updated version of everything or I start scratching the walls, beating my head on the table and salivating on my computer.... I just can't work it out. :shock: :)

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

So I didn't exactly upgrade my machine to XP so that I could upgrade my phone's ROM to 2003 ... and I didn't want to upgrade to 2003 just so I could have the same OS on my phone as I have on my Axim ... but it all works so nicely togther.

I haven't done the GPRS stack thing, but maybe I should.

Bravo to @non for doing the work, and snooks to anyone who has been whining about deficiencies in an upgrade given out for free.

Considering the fact that Microsoft gave the 2003 software out to the phone companies, I'm not losing any sleep over the intellectual property aspects either.

I have a question to ask. I bought an mpx200 preloaded with WM2003. When I go to band select, I only get 1800 and 1900. I read somewhere that WM2003 has two versions. One is tri-band and another is tri-band.

My WM2003 build is as follows:

MICROSOFT: 4.20.13349.0

MANUFACTURER: 3.70.23.0

Can someone please tell me whether this is the dual band build or the tri band build? Thanks in advance.

Guest awarner [MVP]

There is not a dual-band or tri-band version, the hacked 2003 is just

that, a hacked 2003 and has nothing to do with being tri-band.

If you have an AT&T phone it will be dual-band if you hve an Orange

phone it will be tri-band.

Just because it is or is not displayed does not affect the use of the

900band.

The 2003 OS will not show the 900band, if you read back in this thread and many others it's one of the most asked questions.

t's only the rip off scum that try and trick people into buying 2003

by claiming that the update will give you triband.

It's a hardware configuration and no ammount of flashing will change this.

Guest awarner [MVP]

Title now edited to reflect the fact that it has been withdrawn to

legal reasons.

Remember please do not post links or guides on how to get hold of the ilegal update.

• 7 months later...
Guest rarecool
Please @nyone release it in english

Does anyone know how to install extra language on wm2003?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hei...

As I know..the German ROM update for WM2003 contains also a language upgrade. This language upgrade will install the english language on your Mpx200.

After upgrade u will have to do a hard reset.

Guest darkz

that message was posted like a year ago O.o

Appreciate the concern, but I dont know if its really needed to revive this thread for something a year ago