WM 2003 for MPx200 no longer available

Guest lutzh

Guest devinh

When someone learns of a good link from that thread, or can read french, this will help.

Otherwise you get blurry text with the rom upgrade.

Kind of sucks.

Guest nickcornaglia

There is an English version of the same program....follow the thread. The program just disables the ClearType. Some people like it, some hate it. Either way...you have the option of turning it on or off with that program.

Guest neovader

Have any AT&T subscribers with an MPx200 tried this yet? Does everything work ok? I'm almost ready to take the plunge, but since there is no way back I need to make sure this will work since I use this phone for everything. Do you still get tri-band?

Guest devinh
Anyone tried this against a AT&T Wireless MPx200 from the US?  =)

Works fine with AT&T.

The only bad thing I see is the blurry text.

The Orange-Shell thing in the other thread to fix the cleartype does NOT work on this. Before I tried this, I tried a reg edit to change the ClearType Quality value, and nothing seems to change anything.

There are two references to ClearType in the registry, but neither one of them will fix the blurry text in menus and the homescreen.

I am afraid you will be stuck with the blurry text, but everything else works fine.

Good Luck

Some directory names are different, so some homescreens may need edited.

Guest neovader

So devinh, are all your issues resolved now? Just want to make sure before I try.

AT&T Wireless works fine?

ClearType can be disabled?

Time issue fixed?

Have tested sending text messages, email, other apps all working?

Guest jcjdoss

I know this is a nubee Question, How do I install the rom. Even a link to a previous post. I could find anything about it

Guest devinh
So devinh, are all your issues resolved now?  Just want to make sure before I try.

AT&T Wireless works fine?

ClearType can be disabled?

Time issue fixed?

Have tested sending text messages, email, other apps all working?

AT&T Works fine.

I deleted this key and ClearType is now off.

/HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/GDI/ClearType

Time Fixed, that was my bad.

Sending SMS is fine, all installed apps, plus a few that I have allready put back on work fine.

I say go for it.

Guest theiz

Just to let you guys know; my i just installed this update to my MPX200. It worked great. Although I don't have a T9 language in Dutch. It is just great, works a lot faster with WIN2000 too. An the phone itself a to!!! Great, really want to say a lot of thanks to @nonymous! You did a great job and made me very happy.

About the 900/1800/1900 mhz issue; at first my phone didn't find any networks after the installation and the only bands i could choose were auto/1800/1900. I restarted the phone and it logged on the vodafone NL network (which is at 900 band). Right now i can choose between auto/1800/1900. Bu everything works fine!

I still cannot remove the funny font setting. The orange program does not display anything on the screen.... what did i do wrong?

BTW: is there anyone who can post the dutch language dll from 2002? maybe i'll find out a way to add it to 2003.

Once again; @nonymous; you did a wonderfull job and i thank thee!

Guest devinh

Oh,

The reg edit did get rid of the ClearType on the homescreen, but I am still trying to get rid of the blurry text on the other menus.

I'll let you know when I figure it out.

Guest w4rmk

Problems:

The update went fine. However now when I turn on the phone sometimes it just gets hung up on the moto screen and never goes to the home screen. Sometimes it boots fine.

When it does work, after the home screen appears, I get a message as follows: "Unknown SIM status (Error 0)". I have to click thru 3 "Done" buttons and the message goes away and the phone works fine.

This phone is on the T-Mobile network here in the USA. It's an AT&T phone that I unlocked back many months ago when I bought it.

Any ideas?

Guest midnight

Just a reminder, NO ILLEGAL ROM TRADING on MoDaCo, that includes via PM

No linking to ILLEGAL ROMS (this wm2k3 rom IS ILLEGAL, as are any hacked MS Smartphone roms, and that includes Smatrphone 2002)

We are currently linking to the MSMobiles site, not directly to the rom.

Guest flashflash

I installed the shell-orange v1.3, and it enables you to globally turn on or off clear type, also there is a gprs fix in there . Works fine.. however, I quite like the cleartype on!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Guest pembo

well, personally im going to wait until people have had more than a day to test it! Maybe we'll recieve some official response from Motorola/Orange

Guest theiz

Anyone know's how i can put the ' activesync' new email counter in my homescreen back on? After the update it was gone. Where did MMS go anyway?