WM 2003 for MPx200 no longer available

Guest lutzh

Guest kailes

att users--this seems to work with no troubles. i can do email, gprs stuff, get sms messages, everythign i could do before. i haven't noticed the volume issue that a previous user was having. so far I'm happy

Guest abatis

Thanks Abatis. This is very helpful. What bugs have you noticed on both yours and your wifes?

1. The ATT ROM also has an occasional SIM error with the T-mobile SIM (US) on start. Pushing "done" usually moves you on. The The @anon ROM does a similar thing on occasion.

2. The SIM manager does not work well with a T-mobile SIM. Import/Export not working well. An ATT SIM seems to work fine.

3. Neither ROM has MMS, so I assume the engineers decided there were other bugs. I liked the German generic 2002 ROM with MMS. It worked great on US T- Mobile.

4. Some have indicated a DTMF tone issue that was corrected with a hard reset. I have not had an issue myself.

5. There has been one report of an issue with Sprite backup and a "Provisional" issue. I have used it with no problem.

The ANON ROM has the same build information as another generic ROM floating around so I assume they are the same less the custom work by ANOM on the Boot Image and the language.

Once again the ATT 2003 ROM (from CyJack) is a build date of 12/31/2203 so it is slightly older. Since the ANON ROM did not have MMS, I have decided to leave my ATT 2003 ROM as is. For now my wife and her MPX200 are my guinea pig for this ROM. I just realized as I was typing this I forgot to tell her about the SIM error thing. OOps

Guest iraqigeek

equis,

I recall reading somewhere that WM2003 requires at least ActiveSync 3.7 or 3.7.1 (not sure which ver minimum) in order to sync with PC. The article I read was speacking of PDAs, and not smartphones, but since the underlying OS kernel is the same, I guess same rules apply for smartphones regarding ActiveSync.

Guest iraqigeek

@Lutzh, many thanks for the confirmation :D Guess I'll upgrade to WM2003 as soon as my mpx200 arrives. I already have it downloaded.

I recall someone had problems with SD??? Anybody else had problems with SD cards? or confirm they have their cards working with no problem???

Guest simmons21

Man @nonymous keeps posting! That's awsome! Keep it up!

Some more info about the volume bug:

When starting the phone up if the startup sound is very loud the phone ringers will be very loud, at least for a short while.

If the startup sound is quieter, then the ringers will be quiet.

What's suprizing is that the startup volume varies. The fact that it changes leads me to believe that there is a bug, or a glitch in my handset, but I think there are others here who have this problem. I noticed that after I remove the battery and put it back in and bootup it's more likely to be really loud.

Guest kalico

Tried to install mpx200 super_moto img.

keep getting Bad News! Installation did not complete.

using Win ME operating system.

any suggestions.

P.S. also happened with BEN6-0630-012.img

PPS Heeeelp!

Guest abatis

Simmons

You can shut the Start up Sound off by

Hkey_Current_User

Control Panel

PowerOn Wave

Values

On ( Hit Key)

Change Value Data to 0

Peace at last.

Guest Will

Please be carefull the CustomCabbage tweaks are for the MPX on 2002, NOT 2003, so don't depend on them working, even using a voyager (2k3) tweak might screw the phone requireing a hard reset.

Any changes/problems/additions required for 2k3moto please let me know.. - if they are possible, i'll add them.

Will

Guest Sasuke

ok, had 2003 on my MPx200 for a whole day, and this is what I've noticed so far...

1. Task Manager does not seem to reconise the SD Card "no card found"

2. People who are complaining about the volume. well mine is fine, in profiles i set my ringer volume to 4 and its more then loud enough. i havent noticed any volume drops.

3. the lights on my buttons also go off, i wish they would stay on... i like the cool blue color

4. it does seem more stable then my previous rom (generic rom) but that could be due to the fact that its been freshly installed.

5. apart from that, theres not much difference from this and the previous rom.

anyway i have no regrets for installing this rom. it feels like i have a new phone :D

Guest coyspiracy

off topic: luhtz, dat 220 in yet?. anyway, i haven't had that GPRS problem, but should i still flash my phone with the upgrade?

Guest jimbou

Someone said that some programms that need a lot of space (like lextionary) do not install due to less free memmory in new rom.Can someone try to install it,just to be sure before i upgrade?

Also,is there any way that if i do not like it,i can downgrade to 2002?

Guest Sparky280

So far i'm digging the new ROM, it's faster than wm2002, i have no complaints other than the lack of email, and i'm still trying to figure out the volume thing. those that have problems with T-Mobile sim, I dont know what's wrong mine works fine.

Guest jcjdoss

I'm pretty sure I've dug thru this post pretty well, I am having problems with my gprs connection mpx200 on Cingular California. Anyone have the same problem, any solutions?

Good job @nonmous, by the way, love your poems

Guest gsr264

alright guys, I could definetly use a helping hand here... tried to take the german part out of the T9 in the registry by deleting all the 0407 stuff under the t9 input, now i cant type ANYTHING except numbers anywhere in the phone (BIG problem). someone PLEASE post what it SHOULD say in the reg. for HKLMT9 input methodime...""ime order...""LBDs... and ""MUI. I would really apreciate it. I have to go to work in 9 hours and it'll drive me up a wall if i can't fix it.

Thanks!!

Guest gsr264

...actually how WOULD i take the german part out? for example when i push "2" I want it to just go through a,b,c, and 2 instead of doing all the german characters as well. any suggestions? probably something painfully obvious...:D

Guest pixelboy

Im very happy with my upgrade.. I applied the Greman ROM then the language upgrade.

Optus GSM and GPRS work fine.

thanks @nonymous and lutzh

Guest jcesar2

Hey guys, it's been 2 days since i upgraded to smartph 2003, everything seems to be working fine, except the battery life. yesterday after i fully chargged it i went to sleep and when i woke up today i noticed the phone was turned off. i tryied turning it on but it would'nt respond i had to take the battery off and after that it started charging ,the battery was depleted, after it was fully charged i didn't even playwith it and 4 hors later, battery was down to zero again, has anybody noticed any problems with the battery????